“Quaint, quiet and clean.....I love this little place 3rd stay here!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites

You added Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   20 Capital Drive, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1E 1E7, Canada   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Charlottetown
Sydney, Canada
“Quaint, quiet and clean.....I love this little place 3rd stay here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

If you're looking for fancy, this is not the place for you. If you're looking for clean and quiet with your basic essentials for a fraction of the price of other Charlottetown hotels, then make your reservation now. I waited too long and almost didn't a room but thanks to a determined "Shelagh", I got a room for 2 nights. I prefer a room along the front of the hotel but I couldn't be fussy so I took a room in the back. The back is nice and quiet but if you have kids who will be swimming in the pool, you can see them from your room if you're in the front. The beds are decent...not the best, nowhere near the worst I've ever slept in either. We didn't hear any sounds from other rooms.....walls aren't thin like some places. Walk out your door and over a small hill and you're at Walmart, Gap, Old Navy, Shoe Company and many other big retail stores....and just a bit further is a Tim Hortons for those who love their coffee.on the other side (5 min walk) Canadian Tire, Superstore......great location!!!! We were just under an hour from Shining Waters and 15 minutes from Rise and Climb.....Breakfast is free and has lots of options....tea coffee, juice, make your own waffle, toast, bagels, cereal, fruit, muffins. The staff here is always friendly and accommodating. This is my first choice when staying in PEI. If you want the negative, you can scan the rooms (mine anyway) and see unpainted, unfinished trim, some caulking had split away from the tub/floor....things that really don't bother me a bit....I have that in my own house!!! lol The front rooms seemed newer to me and they have both a front entrance and a back (the back has a little patio area with a table and chairs. We paid $99/night incld breakfast and parking, wifi, etc. The pool is very clean. They have chairs and loungers around the pool and a large container of towels as well. I'm not sure what the pet/smoking policy is but I didn't smell any smoke and saw no sign of pet hair in my room (I mention that because both would bother me). We left behind a child's golf set ($4.00, very cheap) and they called after check out to let us know.....This is a great little place....give it a shot!! :)

Room Tip: Get a room in the front if you're social or have kids using the pool. Take the back if you want...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to add your comments on your recent stay with us. I am glad your overall experience with us was good and you enjoyed your accommodations as well as breakfast. you are correct in that the front queen rooms are more spacious and have a great view of the pool to keep an eye on things. We are also always touching up rooms and now that fall is here will be concentrating on minor upkeep such as painting, repairs etc that some of our rooms may need.
Our location is a big drawing card as we are right in the shopping area and yes Tim / Robbin lovers...we have a store on each side of us.
Again thank you for your comments and I hope to see you next trip to PEI
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Glace Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We booked this hotel two weeks in advance based on both the price and the photos. When we arrived we began to see signs of "old" and not very clean. We read that check-in was 2 o'clock but when we Arrived we the lady at the desk walkie tallied someone to find out if our room was ready...not even close. We were told at 3:45 that it would be another 10 minutes...we drove around back to our room and the cleaners were just going inside...hope clean up usually takes longer than 10 minutes. When we were able to enter my stomach turned...stains on the mattress, floor and a dinginess that turned my stomach...there was no way my family was staying here. We passed in our keys and the lady at the desk didn't even ask why. which lead me to. believe this wasn't the first time this happened. Lesson learned...don't believe what you see in pictures because they can be VERY deceiving. Thankfully a very reputable and clean hotel was available down the road...had to pay more but quality was excellent and very much worth the difference! JD...Cape Breton

Room Tip: Ask someone you know and trust for a good place to stay...never rely on the photos!
Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
I am sorry our motel was not what you expected when you arrived. I know it can be very tiring to arrive at your destination to find out you have to wait again. We did have a high turnover in check-outs the last couple of week-ends with 80% departures so I do apologize as the housekeepers were running a little behind on having the rooms 100% completed by 2:00pm . We are actually in process of having the time changed on website so future guests should not have any delays at check-in. We have been getting quite a few compliments on our back rooms with the new comforters and curtains & especially with the walkway added and the lawn at the bottom end. I have advised my staff that if a guest decides they want to go elsewhere and it is still early in the afternoon, I would not hold them to staying here. Usually when we have larger rooms or different styles of room to show you, would offer this, but unfortunately we have been sold out and were not able to offer this to you.
Again, my apologies and we invite you to visit us on your next trip to Charlottetown and have a look at our Queen upgraded rooms.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I went to Charlottetown about 4 times in the past year and this was by far the best experince I had there. The rooms were HUGE, but if the price difference is not too high, stay in the new wing. The staff were always friendly, and I was close to everthing. They even had a good quality television for once, not just some cheap LCD from the drug store.

If you have a family they will enjoy the poor, personally I appreciated the patio chairs in the back of the room.

Fantastic Place to stay !

Room Tip: Like I said, pay up to the newer rooms if its not too much more.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind word on your recent stay with us. Our Queen rooms do get lots of compliments especially the patio on nice sunny days. The pool also is a big attraction on a nice hot day to also feel the breeze of the outdoors and relax in the chairs.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit us again in the future.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We liked this hotel a lot. The rooms were fine, the rate was decent, and the location is very convenient to nearby shopping, downtown Charlottetown, the airport, and the north coast. A bonus for pet owners is that they don't charge an extra "pet fee". One glitch was that it was unusually hot one day during our stay (90F/32C) and the air conditioner wasn't working; the staff bent over backwards to try to help, and the next day they were able to switch us to a different room (in which the A/C was somewhat weak but working). The continental breakfast was nice, but the "make your own waffles" was hampered by demand; one day I walked over three different times throughout the morning, and all three times there were people waiting for the wafflemaker. If this is typical, maybe they should buy a second wafflemaker? Anyway, these were minor flaws, and our stay was enjoyable, especially since the staff was trying so hard to help us out with the A/C. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for adding your comments on your recent stay with us. Sorry to hear about the a/c not working proper, but I am glad you were looked after and moved to a better unit. Our location does get alot positive comments on close to shopping, downtown area, university and other popular spots. We get alot people over for the vet college and they love it here due to location and wide area to walk their pets. Yes I have to admit our waffles are great in demand and we are actually looking at rearranging to accommodate another machine.
Again, thank you for your comments and I hope we will see you again on your next visit to PEI.

Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Room is not that big, but comes with microwave, coffeemaker, and a fridge. We were able to make our own snacks. 10 min from downtown, big stores for groceries or anything else within 3 minutes drive. Friendly staff, and by far the best continental breakfast I have had during my trip in the eastern Canada. You can make your own waffles!

I really appreciated the staff, who helped with everything my family needed! Would come back for sure. Hopefully less rain next time, so I could try their heated swimming pool outside. Still no regrets!

• Stayed July 2013
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for adding your comments. Our location is a big bonus with us. Minutes from downtown - shopping.- vet college - University - sports venues.
I am glad all was good with your stay from your accommodations to the service to the amenities.
We get a lot compliments with our continental breakfast.
Thank you again for your positive review and hopefully we will see you back here again.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

After having read reviews from previous years, I was somewhat apprehensive about our stay at Canada's Best. I am so glad that we decided the price was the main factor for our choice. It was a most enjoyable stay. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The meals at The Jug were delicious and special requests or substitutions were readily supplied. Breakfast was more than adequate. But what really made this place great was the staff! They were helpful and friendly. They had a sense of humor and made us feel completely welcome, going beyond what was necessary to meet our needs. Great job and many thanks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to add your comments. I am glad your stay was enjoyable and glad you took a chance on us. I have said on prev. comments, I am very pleased with all the staff here as they do go out of their way on a constant basis to ensure everyone is happy.
Our restaurant also gets quite a few great comments and our local clients still advise this is one of their favorites. Once again, thank you for your comments and I hope we see you back with us on your next visit to PEI
Lambertville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My sister and I stayed here for 2 nights. The rooms are a bit old fashioned, but nice, with a tiny patio in the back and a kitchenette. The place was clean and the breakfast they provided was very nice. The restaurant for dinner is good and the chef is very accommodating. The restaurant is a little on the dark side but the food makes everything OK. If you are looking for glamour this is not the place for you but if you want an decent place to stay at a reasonable price this is the place to go.

As for the staff at the front desk I can say nothing bad. They were terrific! We flew in to PEI and did not have a rental car. The women at the front desk were great about calling taxis for us and one of the ladies even went so far as to drive us to the Cows Ice cream place as it was on her way home. What more can you say about such friendly caring people? This is a down home establishment and we enjoyed our stay here tremendously due to the friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for adding your comments on your recent stay with us. I am glad all was good from the rooms to our food and service of the staff. Dave certainly draws in many locals to our restaurant with his cooking. We get alot comments on how quaint the Restaurant/Pub is and reasonable prices on the menu. Shellagh and Laura have gone out of their way several times with either giving someone a lift somewhere or dropping of something for a guest.
I am glad you had a good stay and hopefully we will see you back with us in the future.
Nancy Leslie - Manager

Been to Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!