“Helpful staff, good location, pet friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites

You added Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   20 Capital Drive, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1E 1E7, Canada   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Holiday Savings Special
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Charlottetown
Chicago
“Helpful staff, good location, pet friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We liked this hotel a lot. The rooms were fine, the rate was decent, and the location is very convenient to nearby shopping, downtown Charlottetown, the airport, and the north coast. A bonus for pet owners is that they don't charge an extra "pet fee". One glitch was that it was unusually hot one day during our stay (90F/32C) and the air conditioner wasn't working; the staff bent over backwards to try to help, and the next day they were able to switch us to a different room (in which the A/C was somewhat weak but working). The continental breakfast was nice, but the "make your own waffles" was hampered by demand; one day I walked over three different times throughout the morning, and all three times there were people waiting for the wafflemaker. If this is typical, maybe they should buy a second wafflemaker? Anyway, these were minor flaws, and our stay was enjoyable, especially since the staff was trying so hard to help us out with the A/C. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for adding your comments on your recent stay with us. Sorry to hear about the a/c not working proper, but I am glad you were looked after and moved to a better unit. Our location does get alot positive comments on close to shopping, downtown area, university and other popular spots. We get alot people over for the vet college and they love it here due to location and wide area to walk their pets. Yes I have to admit our waffles are great in demand and we are actually looking at rearranging to accommodate another machine.
Again, thank you for your comments and I hope we will see you again on your next visit to PEI.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Room is not that big, but comes with microwave, coffeemaker, and a fridge. We were able to make our own snacks. 10 min from downtown, big stores for groceries or anything else within 3 minutes drive. Friendly staff, and by far the best continental breakfast I have had during my trip in the eastern Canada. You can make your own waffles!

I really appreciated the staff, who helped with everything my family needed! Would come back for sure. Hopefully less rain next time, so I could try their heated swimming pool outside. Still no regrets!

• Stayed July 2013
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for adding your comments. Our location is a big bonus with us. Minutes from downtown - shopping.- vet college - University - sports venues.
I am glad all was good with your stay from your accommodations to the service to the amenities.
We get a lot compliments with our continental breakfast.
Thank you again for your positive review and hopefully we will see you back here again.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

After having read reviews from previous years, I was somewhat apprehensive about our stay at Canada's Best. I am so glad that we decided the price was the main factor for our choice. It was a most enjoyable stay. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The meals at The Jug were delicious and special requests or substitutions were readily supplied. Breakfast was more than adequate. But what really made this place great was the staff! They were helpful and friendly. They had a sense of humor and made us feel completely welcome, going beyond what was necessary to meet our needs. Great job and many thanks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to add your comments. I am glad your stay was enjoyable and glad you took a chance on us. I have said on prev. comments, I am very pleased with all the staff here as they do go out of their way on a constant basis to ensure everyone is happy.
Our restaurant also gets quite a few great comments and our local clients still advise this is one of their favorites. Once again, thank you for your comments and I hope we see you back with us on your next visit to PEI
Lambertville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My sister and I stayed here for 2 nights. The rooms are a bit old fashioned, but nice, with a tiny patio in the back and a kitchenette. The place was clean and the breakfast they provided was very nice. The restaurant for dinner is good and the chef is very accommodating. The restaurant is a little on the dark side but the food makes everything OK. If you are looking for glamour this is not the place for you but if you want an decent place to stay at a reasonable price this is the place to go.

As for the staff at the front desk I can say nothing bad. They were terrific! We flew in to PEI and did not have a rental car. The women at the front desk were great about calling taxis for us and one of the ladies even went so far as to drive us to the Cows Ice cream place as it was on her way home. What more can you say about such friendly caring people? This is a down home establishment and we enjoyed our stay here tremendously due to the friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for adding your comments on your recent stay with us. I am glad all was good from the rooms to our food and service of the staff. Dave certainly draws in many locals to our restaurant with his cooking. We get alot comments on how quaint the Restaurant/Pub is and reasonable prices on the menu. Shellagh and Laura have gone out of their way several times with either giving someone a lift somewhere or dropping of something for a guest.
I am glad you had a good stay and hopefully we will see you back with us in the future.
Concord, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

After riding a trike for eight hours, we were extremely happy how easy it was to find the inn. Our room was on the backside of the second building and very quiet considering the strip malls around us. Doug was very helpful at the front desk and suggested the pub in the basement for dinner. Very good meal.

Our room had two double beds, a coffeemaker, a mini fridge, and I think a microwave. The room was older but for the most part clean. The toilet had a black slime substance around the rim where it fills after flushing, but I figured it was from lack of renting the room. Not a deal breaker.

Breakfast was off from the front desk in a good size dining room. They had a waffle station, cereals, boiled eggs, muffins, bagels, breads for toast, juices and coffees. We didn't have breakfast the second morning as we left before the dining room opened.

I thought the inn was in a perfect place to get where we wanted to go. Walmart is right behind the inn in case you need toiletries or in our case, instant coffee and coffee mate!

It may be a lower priced hotel, but the service was great. Thanks Doug, Canada's Best Value Inn, Prince Edward Island (and my husband). It was a fantastic mini vacation and a life long dream come true.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We get quite a few positive comments on our location. It is also nice to hear that the staff was very service orientated and contributed to
your positive stay with us. We are very lucky to have Doug with us as he does go out of his way every shift to ensure guests are comfortable and happy.
I am glad you and your husband enjoyed your stay on PEI and hopefully you will find your way back to visit us again.
Nancy Leslie-Manager
Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here two separate nights first on our arrival day and then on the day before departure. The first room with the double beds was nice. Wifi worked great and breakfast was good. The second night was better, we stayed in a queen room that was huge, outside patio, coffee maker, microwave, etc... But the thing that impressed me the MOST was the staff. They brought a drink to my room that I ordered at the bar, brought towels to my room after swimming in the pool, and made sure we had breakfast at 515 am even though it didn't start until 6am. Def a great stay

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you so much for commenting on your recent stay with us. I am glad everything was to your liking from the quality of rooms to the service of staff members. Our Queen Patio Rooms def. get alot positive reviews. I am glad the staff were accommodating to you as I really stress that service is a major factor with us. Again, thank you for your great review and I hope you will visit us again.

Val Caron, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Great service, great rooms, great price! The staff were very friendly and helpful. They were very quick and willing to assist us in any way. I forgot a back pillow in the room, and received a call from the Manager a few hours after we left . As we were all ready on route to Nova Scotia and didn't now if we would be going back home via PEI, the Manager offered to mail it to my home (which he did).
The room was plenty big for four people and very, very clean. We sure loved having a patio door and a small table and chairs outside. Excellent breakfast and again great service in the eating area.
Great price!!! Highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for commenting on your recent stay with us. I am glad everything was to your liking from the quality of rooms to the service of staff members. I encourge all staff to make the guest feel like a home away from home. Again, thanks for taking the time for your comments and I do hope you will look us up again should you come back to PEI.

Manager

Been to Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!