“very nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   20 Capital Drive, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1E 1E7, Canada   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #16 of 25 hotels in Charlottetown
Saint John
“very nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I had a nice drive up room with stove, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, toaster etc.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. Internet worked well. The heater/ air conditioner was quiet and kept the room at a constant temperature. I will be staying here again on future trips

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for adding your comments on your recent stay with us. I am glad it was good and plan to stay with us on your next visit to PEI. We try to ensure all guests leave happy with this same
intent....to return again. Again thank you for taking the time to add your comments and I look forward to seeing you again.

Nancy L

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
moon river
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

room 110, wifi didn't work,signal strength was just too weak. the hotel even had two networks to login into, .... canbest network and canbest eng network. neither worked. I tried my laptop and my ipad. I really need it to work for business. really a shame b/c otherwise it was a very nice place. if they can fix the wifi I would definitely stay there again. wifi did work fine in the lobby. But if I had known it wouldn't work from my room, I would have chosen another motel.

Room Tip: don't pick room 110 for internet, try a room much closer to the lobby.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for adding your comments. I am sorry your last stay with us was not as pleasant as it should have been due to poor wifi connections. We have since had someone look at our wifi
routers to ensure that all rooms are getting access easily. On your next visit to PEI, please drop by again and give us a 2nd chance. If it ease yuour mind, we also have rooms upstairs or we could reserve a room close to the office as I know not having connections when you are busy can be very frustrating.

Again, thanks for bring this to our attention, but please do drop by to give us a 2nd chance.

manager
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The room looked nothing like what was posted on their website. When I asked, the receptionist told me that ithere would be $30 extra per night for the upgrade. Not all the rooms were renovated, so at our price of $100 per night, we got a room that that had holes in the sheets, smoke smell even though it was suppose to be non-smoking and a very lumpy bed. The rooms very small with little lighting but what were able to see didn't look clean. Very bad value for our money.

Hotel staff was friendly and included breakfast was standard.

I feel cheated as the website didn't indicate that only part of the hotel was renovated, so the photos were entirely different from what we got.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to add your comments as the only way we can better ourselves is by hearing from you. I am sorry things were not as you expected on your stay with us. I know AI have changed things around on the website so guests can review exactly what they are booking.
We have even done some more upgrades to the Garden View Rooms since you were with us.
I do hope if you are in our area again, you will look us up so I can show you the changes and see what I can offer you.

Again Thank you for adding your comments and if around ask for me and I will so my best to
ensure you have a great stay with us.

Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The Valley 50 Plus Seniors Group from Kentville NS had a wonderful stay here in early October. The staff were fantastic - the rooms were great - they couldn't do enough for the group. They even had a little welcome basket in each room when we arrived. Here is what some of the group members had to say:

Cecile Dodge: "I had so much fun during my trip to PEI, I've never been treated so well at a hotel in my life! This was my second visit to Charlottetown this year and I always stay at this place."

Marg Ward: "Our stay at your hotel was a very positive experience. Your staff were so great and helpful. I look forward to coming back again next summer."

George Estey: "Having travelled all over Canada and the US extensively over the past 50 years, to places like Toronto, Miami, New England, Hawaii, Canada's Best Value Charlottetown was far above many of the other places we stayed. Great rooms! Great staff! Super service! They couldn't do enough for us - they even changed their sign out front to welcome our group and to say thank-you on the day we left. Thank you for a wonderful stay!"

My wife and I stayed in one of the little "suite" units in the main building - what a lovely room it was. We had a Jacuzzi tub in the corner, separate bathroom, a wonderfully comfortable King size bed, and even a little patio where we sat in the evening and watched the world go by. They have a restaurant on site, and the breakfast room provided everything we could imagine for a hot and tasty breakfast in the morning. "Waffles" that's all I have to say! Yumm!

Thank you again for a wonderful stay, and we WILL be back again.

Room Tip: The King suites are FANTASTIC!!! Other rooms have stoves and kitchenettes - great for families on a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the kind review. We also very much enjoyed having your group stay with us.
You were our first group tour and I am pleased that everything went so good from the accommodations to the meals. Your group photo we took will be posted in our rest./pub. We look forward to having your group come back again in the Spring. I hope everything goes as smooth as this group as you had a fantastic group. We also enjoyed the singsong in our Dining room.
Again Thank you all and I look forward to seeing some of you again in June.

Nancy
Digby, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Room was OK. It was clean and the bathroom was nicely updated. The beds were old and hard, thank goodness there was 2! Furniture itself was outdated and past its prime anyways. But it was clean. There was a nice outdoor pool and sitting area. There was also a resturaunt on site but we ate elsewhere, We enjoyed the continental breafast in the morning, it was wonderful. You could make your own pancakes!

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a room close to the desk. We stayed in the seperate building out back and it w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for adding your comments on your recent stay with us. I agree in that our Queen rooms are more spacious and have the extras that our doubles do not have. We get alot positive feedback on our patios and layout of our Queens. Our double rooms are smaller but they get the same attention to detail as far as cleaning as any room. We do get alot positive comments on our breakfast and pub. I hope to see you back with us on your next visit to pei.

Nancy Leslie...Manager
Swindon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

A basic room, but everything was in working order and the staff were helpful and polite. What more could you ask for? The breakfast was very good, especially the waffle machine! The on-site bar/restaurant was excellent for basic food e.g. burgers and pizza.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to add your comments. I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. The waffle machine is a big hit with alot of our guests and our pub draws both the hotel guests and alot local workers. I hope your next visit to PEI you will look us up.

Nancy Leslie...Manager.
Mount Pearl, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights. Check in was a breeze and the staff were friendly. I like that we could park right in front of our room. The beds were comfortable and the air conditioning worked well. The bathroom was one of the nicest ones I've ever seen. I found the room to be very clean and updated. The pool was okay, but we couldn't find any pool towels. It's in a great location. There was a flat screen tv, microwave, sink and hair dryer. We would definately stay there again if we go back to PEI.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for adding your comments on your recent stay with us. Our owners have put alot work in upgrades over the last couple years and its nice to see comments like this. Customer service is also a standard we hold everyone accountable for every day. We do have a bin in the pool area with clean towels however the signage we may have to look into to ensure all guests know they are there. Location is a big drawing facor that we gets lots of positive feedback. I do hope your next visit to PEI you will look us up again.

Manager

Been to Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!