“Best hotel Experience!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   20 Capital Drive, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1E 1E7, Canada   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #14 of 25 hotels in Charlottetown
St. John's, Canada
“Best hotel Experience!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I spent 3 weeks at this hotel. It was an awsome experience. All the staff I came in contact will were polite and friendly and went above and beyond for our family. Doug and Sheila on the front desk were the best. Dave, Grant and John with maintenance was also available and eager to do anything we needed. Dave the cook, delivered amazing meals on a daily basis. Housekeeping staff were awesome. The staff at the Jug restuarant and pub were second to none. I enjoyed my stay and would recommed this hotel and staff highly

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you very much for your kinds words. The staff here are very eager to please our guests. Our pub has received many verbal compliments and is known all over PEI for its food quality. Its nice to show our staff thou, that out guests complimented our menu as well as rooms and service. Doug and Shellagh are top clerks at making guests feel at home. Dave, our head Chef takes pride in his job and every meal he makes, he delivers like he was serving VIP's. Our maintenance department also does not like to see any guest unhappy and will go out of their way to ensure everything is to your satisfaction. We really do enjoy getting to know our guests and try to make them fell like its their home away from home. We all hope to see you back here on your next visit to PEI

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My family and I stayed at the hotel and found the staff to be the best we have ever met. They were helpful friendly and went above and beyond. I would like to thank the entire staff for our wonderful stay especially Grant from maintenance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding our staff and hotel. We take great pride in trying to please our guests. I will be sure to pass on these comments to everyone. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back on your next visit to PEI
Mount Pearl, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

The hotel was older but we found it to be very clean. The meals there were excellent, but the thing that made our stay the most enjoyable was the friendliness of the staff. They went above and beyone their duty to make our stay as enjoyable as possilbe. They treated us like family and to me that's more important than if there is a bit of paint missing on the wall or an appliance had a bit of discoloration on it. Dont we all have that at some point and time in our own homes. I would also like to say a big THANK YOU to Grant the maintenance man who was so prompt the couple of times we needed him. We stayed at this hotel for two weeks and we cant wait to go back again next summer to see these wonderful people who have become our great friends.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind words. I have to say our staff this year in every department cares what our guest thinks and have gone out of their way to please them. Every day can be a challenge but at the end of the day when they go home, knowing they did their best and looked after our guests is important to them. Grant, our head maintenance man, has gone out of his way on numerous occasions and we are very lucky to have him aboard. We are constantly updating and changing things to better our rooms. Again, I thank you for your kind words and I will pass on to the staff and I hope to see you next trip.
Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We booked 2 rooms and my parents were upgraded from 1 queen to a king size jacuzzi suite. Wow! What a beautiful room. The boys took advantage of the outdoor pool and the girls opted for the jacuzzi tub. The other room was 2 queen beds and also brand new. Both rooms were very modern and clean and both had small outdoor patios. My only complaint was that the on location restaurant was only open until 7 pm.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to add your comments on your recent stay with us. Our Queen Rooms and Jacuzzi Suites do get alot of compliments to the sleep on new matresses to the relaxation of sitting at personal patios in the evenings. Our hours in the Dining Room has always been topic before our season starts as can be quite busy between 11:00 am and 1:00pm with hotel guests and locals, but evenings you just never know. Alot guests take in a lobster supper or alot will eat earlier and we found 8:00 pm closure was the best early week and 9:00pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
Again Thank you for your comments and please look us up again on your next visit to PEI
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The room was old, bed boards had chipped off paint, the washroom ceiling had mold, the tv looked like its about 30 years old, same as other appliances. The towels had stains on them. The only nice thing was the breakfast with make your own waffles. Summary - the price is low, but for the same pice I stayed in a motel in PEI, that was like 5 star hotel compared to this place. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone, and will never go myself again. They might have other renovated rooms that are in better shape, but the one we stayed in- I would be ashamed to rent to anyone a room like that.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am sorry your room was not up to your standards. It has been a major ongoing task for our owners updating the rooms since they took over. They are still in process of changes and unfortunately some of updates were put on hold due to the demands of our summer season. I have spoken to our housekeeping and maintenance departments thou as clean linen and marks on walls or ceiling is a top piroity with us. I spoke with all staff and daily inspections are now done on all rooms to ensure this does not happen again.
london ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The first problem we saw was the door step wood rotted out. The interior wall was plastered and not painted,a screw missing from night latch on door. When looking at the 2 double beds only one had a headboard. The frig was old and had to lift door to close it. When entering the bathroom you could see mould on the lower tiles at floor level. Outside there was only 1 chair for each room also one chair in the room. To sum it up including the t.v. everything was ancient. When I complained at the front desk the answer was you got what you paid for .

Room Tip: I heard the renovated rooms were better but when making reservations I was not told this.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am sorry your stay with us was not a pleasant experience for you. I do note all your issues and have sent our maintenance department to take care of them. We are also having the department check all rooms to see if there is maintenance issue and to have them fixed as soon as possible. I do hope if you make it back to PEI, you will look us up too see our deluxe Queen Rooms or maybe even one of our Jacuzzi Suites would be a nice treat. All these rooms have their own personal patio with table and chairs. Again, Thank you for bringing to our attention so we can have fixed.
Nancy Leslie manager
Nova Scotia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here two nights along with other family members who also rented a room for two nights. Our first night was perfect but our second night was horrible with us only getting a couple of hours of sleep due to a dog in the room next to us. The dog started barking non-stop at around 5pm and didn't stop until about 2-3am in the morning. We called the front desk at midnight to complain. The clerk said they would call the room next to us. The dog did not stop so at about 1:30am in the morning, we called the front desk again and they said nobody answered the phone. When we checked out, we again expressed our dissatisfaction, but the clerk just responded with, "I'm sorry, there is nothing we could do." I don't feel we should have had to pay full price for a second night. I feel, the guest with the non-stop barking dog should have been held accountable for our second night bill. We enjoy travelling to Charlottetown, but for future stays, we will look elsewhere for accomodations. Very poor customer service!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am sorry your 2nd night with us was not as enjoyable as your first night. Unfortunately our hands are tied when it comes to entering an occupied room . The clerk tried to reach the guest by phone and going there but no response. The day clerk did not bring it to my attention at all as she thought she had resloved it upon checkout and was really surprised to read comment here. I have implemented a new policy where I will hear about any concerns and can contact the guest myself to see if all has been resolved to satisfaction. I do hope you will give us another chance on your next visit to PEI. We will ensure your neighbors are pet free so this does not happen again.

Nancy Leslie Manager

Been to Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!