“Curry dishes to die for!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Charlottetown, Canada
“Curry dishes to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Churchill Arms serves the best curry dishes I've eaten anywhere. Enjoyed the butter chicken dish many times. It's a place to return to, that is certain.

Visited December 2012

PEI
“Generic curries”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

You can tell that Charlottetown doesn't have any curry houses when a place like the Churchill gets raves for it's bland and generic curries. Perhaps I'm spoilt, as I was introduced to curry in Vancouver, have eaten it in many authentic restaurants and learned to cook it myself, but to call what they serve at the Churchill outstanding just seems wrong. The curries lack the subtle mix of spices that are the hallmark of this style of cooking - I find their offerings either bland or, in the case of their madras, just a spiced-up tomato sauce. When the Churchill first opened (several years ago) their curries were much better, but now I find them about the equivalent of something that comes out of a jar from the Superstore. It's too bad, I absolutely love curry and Charlottetown has never had a decent curry restaurant (a couple of attempts in the past failed for a reason). I will have to continue to make do with eating out when I travel and cooking it myself when I'm at home in PEI, as I've given up on the Churchill.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Prince Edward Island
“Great British Curries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Have been here many times but I have only had the curries, they are delicious. Also a nice range of beer on tap too.

Visited December 2012
Moncton, Canada
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I ordered the butter chicken and was by far the best I've eaten and could have easily split this and a salad with my wife, she had the greek salad which was fresh. Friendly and fast service and the beer was cold. Will definately go back next time we are visiting the island.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miramichi, NB
“A slice of Britain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Whilst honeymooning on PEI, me and my new husband decided to take a trip to Charlottetown and after a day of exploration we picked The Churchhill Arms at random. I'm originally from the UK and have been living in Canada for 18 months, although I enjoy the food on this side of the atlantic, I was yet to find something that reminded me of home, until now.

I had the chicken korma (pub style) with rice and a chapatti. You could also have chips (aka fries) as well as or instead of rice. Delicious! I recommend you go for both rice and chips, as pub style curries are a great match for dunking chips. My husband had an open steak sandwich. The bread was delicious and fresh, his fries were chunky, crispy and fluffy.

The staff were friendly. The premises were clean. The food was tasty. We'll both be back on our next visit to the island.

• Visited October 2012