“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Water's Edge Resto Bar Grill

Water's Edge Resto Bar Grill
18 Queen Street, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 4A1, Canada (Formerly The Selkirk Restaurant and Lounge)
Website
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Charlottetown, Canada
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

After driving for 6 hours straight, I wanted to get something to eat. I went to the Water's Edge and was met at the door b a man who told me that they didn't have room for one person. He suggested that I eat in the Lounge, were there was a singer who was blaring music at an uncomfortably loud rate. I said this to the man who, then suggested that I could order room service. I did so &when I called, I received a voice-mail saying they would get back to me.

Frustrated & starving by this point, i went back to the Water's Edge. This time I spoke with a young waitress, who was very helpful. She found me a table and took my order right away. She was pleasant and offered excellent service.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ben T, Manager at Water's Edge Resto Bar Grill, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear B M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. I apologize we were unable to find you a seat that you preferred away from the music when you first arrived. Upon your return, I am happy we were able to accommodate you and that you could enjoy the service from our service staff.

Newfoundland
“Great From What We Experienced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My fiancé and I went here for a few drinks at the bar late one evening and we were greeted with delight.
The restaurant was empty and nobody else was at the bar but the bartender informed us we could still order food, so we split a nachos for one which was really enough to feed 3 people. It was a good plate of nachos, pulled pork, chicken and beef with all the usual ingredients and try coloured chips.
Other than the nachos, the bartender suggested a german beer by the name Erdinger. If you like beer, this beer would impress you. Only small problem is that it was discontinued and they are selling the last of their stock.
From our brief time there, food was great, beer was cold, service was top notch. The only thing I do not like about this place is that it is located in the lobby of the delta hotel so it doesn't make for a very intimate setting, more of an airport feel.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ben T, Manager at Water's Edge Resto Bar Grill, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Nomad Chef 24

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience! We are pleased you enjoyed you food, the nachos are considered the best in Charlottetown by many people.

The bar is front and center now in the lobby, which some people would consider inviting, I apologize it was not to you personal liking. However, the next time you are here, we are happy to find you a cozy corner in the restaurant or in our back section, some place so that you don't feel so open.

Hope to see you again, thanks for the feedback!
Stratford, Canada
“Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The food is simply very good! Worth the money (it is on the "expensive enough" side). I'll go again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ben T, Manager at Water's Edge Resto Bar Grill, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Daniel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

I am pleased you enjoyed your food and service, see you again soon!

Please visit our website for the latest news and promotions.

www.watersedgepei.ca
Charlottetown, Canada
“Easily forgettable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We have been waiting to try this new restaurant in town for quite some time. My high hopes were squashed at first sight. The "dining" area is small, squished and looks like a cafeteria ( as many people have stated above). If you have the ability to redesign a restaurant maybe you should get another opinion of what modern and edgy is. It was very plain and lacking any sort of character. The menu was small and nothing jumped out and caught our eye. It was hard for me to choose something to order because i really didn't want to order anything

. Alas, the food. As one could imagine by reading this, I had very low expectations for the food. Everything we ordered ( scallops,salad,porktober burger and tenderloin) was good. There wasn't anything wrong with the food. But it wasn't anything memorable. Our bill was $130 and I don't remember what anything taste like.

Anyway sorry for the long rant, I just think if you are going to be serving small portions that cost a lot they should be phenomenal and memorable.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ben T, Manager at Water's Edge Resto Bar Grill, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Delaney,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your most recent experience. I apologize that the style of decor is not to your personal preference, there are many guests as well as ourselves who see the new look as a drastic improvement to what the old restaurant use to look like.
In terms of the food, I am pleased you enjoyed your meal! We are in the process of changing our menu from spring/summer to fall/winter so I do apologize for the smaller amount of items offered, in just a few weeks time we will be back to full menu.
Thanks again for your feedback, we hope to see you again, our menu is designed so that you can try numerous "small" plates or you can enjoy the traditional full size entrees if you like, the choice is yours!
Thank you.
Toronto, Canada
“Big City Dining in Charlottetown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Big City Dining in Charlottetown.....Granted the portions are small but that is the intention to allow sampling of two or more high value menu items. Only downside is the pricing is higher than the typical Charlottetown visitor may be used to but quality is exceptional. Delta Prince Edward Chef staff are renowned across the country and often "loaned' out to train other Delta Hotel locations in finer dining. Location in the Delta on the waterfront is convenient.

Tip - there are not a lot of seats now so get there early or reserve if in peak season.

Visited August 2013