“Left us speechless!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mack

The Mack
Corner of Grafton Street and University Avenue | 28 University Avenue, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
1-800-565-0278
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the corner of Grafton Street and University Avenue. The Theatre seats 200 and is cabaret style (tables and chairs). Seating in the theatre is reserved. Please note that some evening performances at The Mack are licensed to 19 years of age and over as liquor is served. The Mack is part of four magnificent theatres in downtown Charlottetown which The Confedertation Centre operate. The box office for The Mack is located inside the Confederation Centre of the Arts.
Toronto, Canada
“Left us speechless!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We decided, on a whim, to book tickets to "Come All Ye." Being a couple in our early 30s from Ontario, we didn't know a ton about PEI culture, but we still found the show hilarious. The show is a nice mix of comedy and traditional music (played by 5 extremely talented musicians). We were laughing out loud for most of the show, and we talked about the jokes for days! The music was amazing. We weren't familiar with any of it, but the talent of the musicians was outstanding. It literally blew my boyfriend's mind (and he's seen Elton John and Pink Floyd's "The Wall" live!) Definitely see it!

Visited August 2012
GuestservicesCCOA, Guest Relations Manager at The Mack, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
We are thrilled you enjoyed the show at the Mack. It was indeed a hot ticket this summer and one of my favorite shows as well. PEI is so fortunate to have so many talented musicians and these folks are no exception. Hope you enjoyed the rest of PEI. We appreciate being part of your vacation on our beautiful island. We look forward to having you visit us again.
Cheers Joy

Guelph, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Late night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Great venue , went to the late night performance where some of the cast members from the different shows...shine ,showing off their own talents, it was awesome ! extremely talented wish I could remember all their names ... Kirsten and Craig's rendition of House of the rising Sun ... best I have ever heard.... Ben great voice and great guitar playing . the guy on the sax... terrific . gal on the fiddle superb, so many more and I am sorry I didn't get all their names , if you get the chance to see this next summer . GO!!!!

Visited July 2012
Halifax, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“Come All Ye”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

It was a good experience. While at first we felt it was tight quarters, it was fine after a while and more spacious than typical theatre seating. Had a few laughs, noticed those from the Island laughed quite a bit. I would reccommend a show here to anyone, and to see Come All Ye.

Kingston, Canada
10 attraction reviews
“It was a Night Out...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

After hearing so much hype, I really wanted to love Come All Ye, but I only found myself having an okay evening. By far, Patrick Ledwell's comedic take on Island life is the key to the show. Ledwell's talent is apparent, and keeps the audience's attention completely for the time he is on the stage. The biggest disappointment for me was the music. Only a select few of the numbers were what I would dub "Island music", and the vocals of the male performers in particular were weak. I guess I was hoping for energetic ceilidh-style music, but that didn't happen. I'm also not sure that I'm a big fan of the Mack. Our party of 3 had to turn our chairs in order to see the stage and, with the tables being so close together, I ended up sitting with my nose about 6 inches from the man's head in front of me all evening. I'm glad I went to see the show just to see what everyone else was talking about, but I won't be making a repeat visit another year.

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“The Mack - 0 Come Ye”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was an evening presentation of song, music and film abot The Island, For the Island, and obviously meant a lot to those islanders in the audience, some of whom it was understood, returned several times - comedian Patrick Newall was a definite highlight, in a lovely nostalgic look at marvellous PEI!