“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodd Charlottetown

You added Rodd Charlottetown to your Saves list
Rodd Charlottetown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Kent Street | PO Box 159, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 7K4, Canada   |
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Charlottetown
Windsor, Canada
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The Rodd Charlottetown is a wonderful historic hotel, very convenient, within walking distance
of everything you would want to do in Charlottetown. The hotel has a lot of class and the staff
were very friendly. My 15 year old granddaughter travelling with us really enjoyed the hotel, the history of the building etc., a bit different from all the chrome and glass of the new hotels. The room we had was very clean, bed comfortable, bathroom a bit dated, but it was expected.

We would defiantly stay again, providing we received the same type of room.
Daryl, Pauline & Victoria Sullivan, Windsor, NS

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
charlottetown, General Manager at Rodd Charlottetown, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for your comments I have to agree (I am biased) as GM I too feel I have a great property and a great staff. Again thank you and I am passing your comments along to all the staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for our anniversary. The hotel is beautiful inside and out. The rooms are a bit small, but they are decorated nicely. The location is good, we were able to walk to dinner and to the center of town where several events were going on. We ate breakfast at the hotel. Food and selection was good. The hotel has a nice porch to relax or take pictures. The best part of this hotel is the staff! Friendly, helpful, welcoming.
If you don't mind a smaller room and like a bit of history, we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
charlottetown, General Manager at Rodd Charlottetown, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Congratulation on your anniversary. See you at your 40th free upgrade to a suite.
Kamloops, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This hotel is situated in downtown Charlottetown and is in walking distance to everything. The staff was very friendly for the most part and the restaurant served very good breakfasts. Outside are tables or benches you can sit on and just enjoy Charlottetown. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. This hotel however doesn 't need another shelf or two in the bathrooms, it needs serious renovating both in the rooms and the hallways. The carpets are worn, the furniture us old and the bathrooms need to be gutted completely. We could hear the person in the next room sneezing and sneezing and sneezing. We didn't go into the pool because it was stifling hot in the room and the location was a bit inconvenient.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words. I will pass them along to all the staff.
Playa Del Carmen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

A charming hotel in wonderful condition and a great location with easy walking access to many of the attractions in Downtown Charlottetown. Comfy beds, rooms were very clean and hotel staff were great. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing onto Kent Street offer glimpses of the harbour.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on our property.
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Nice hotel. Good location to walk to sites in Old Charlottetown. Plenty of options for dining and entertainment within short walking distance. The hotel restaurant was perfect for breakfast at reasonable prices and a friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments we are indeed in a prime location to walk around our beautiful city.
Prince Albert, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife and I take a yearly vacation to PEI. We decided to stay at the Rodd Charlottetown after walking by it the year before. It is a charming looking hotel in a good area, within walking distance to Victoria Park and the downtown waterfront area. I checked in and the lobby seemed very nice. When arriving in our room, however, it was shabby at the best. My wife tried to tell me that it was a "historic property" and thats why it looked old and small. She did not convince me. The paint was chipping, the carpet was stained, the couch was worn. The electrical outlets pretty much consisted of an extension cord to which everything had to be plugged into (coffee maker, wine fridge, tv, and our chargers for phones etc.) On Saturday evening we had to wade through drunks in the lobby. The one security person that was visible was chatting with some women instead of controlling things. My wife thought she was getting sick as she started coughing all the time especially at night. On the last day of our stay ( we stayed three nights) I was looking up at the ceiling and realized their was quite a bit of visible water damage in an area. I believe this led the the coughing and feeling sick as my wife is quite sensitive to mold and moisture problems of any kind. When I tried to mention it to the front desk staff, I was told that there was not a manager I could speak to and to call the number on the business card I was given. I should have been told that the manager would call me (as the hotel has all of my contact info). I shouldnt have to hunt the manager down and hope for the best. (it is, after all. a "4 1/2 star" property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. I have to agree our rooms are smaller than the new box hotels. Regarding the comment on our security firm you may well be right and since receiving this we have changed security firms to a much more professional operation. Could you email me via the hotel web site direct as I would like to know the room you were in. We do quality checks of our rooms on an ongoing basic. Again thank you for bring this to my attention.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Wonderful old building with lots of class and charm. I'm told the rooms are fairly small - we got a complimentary upgrade to the honeymoon suite, and it was magnificent. Great location, close to everything, but not too noisy. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Water pressure was not great for showers, but that seems to be a standard issue across the island. Parking is free, but there is very limited parking out front, so unless you get very lucky you will need to park around back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
charlottetown, General Manager at Rodd Charlottetown, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will pass along your comments to the staff.

Been to Rodd Charlottetown? Share your experiences!