“Rodd in a gem in the heart of Charlottetown” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodd Charlottetown

Save Saved
You added Rodd Charlottetown to your Saves list
Rodd Charlottetown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Kent Street | PO Box 159, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 7K4, Canada   |
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Charlottetown
Halifax, Canada
“Rodd in a gem in the heart of Charlottetown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We recently stayed at the Rodd Inn. It was pleasantly refreshing in that it has retained its elegance and charm despite showing its age. The staff was uber friendly and helpful and the room was clean and comfortable and didn't have that "hotel" smell. Being a mostly B and B traveller I was impressed by the charm of the original bathroom fixtures and tiles, wall treatments etc., and the overall feel of being back in the 1930's was a nice change. The location is excellent, within close walking distance to all of downtown Charlottetown. We were a bit rushed and didn't have time to eat there, but I noted the dining area was packed to capacity and everyone looked happy. I would recommend this as a good place to stay in Charlottetown.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I hesitated to choose this hotel because of some ot the things I read here on Tripadvisor. The hotel is fine. The owners of the hotel have done a lot of work to update the hotel without losing its historical charm. The bed was comfortable, the AC worked well, water pressure in the small bathroom was low-flow...Canadians work hard to conserve resources. I thought the towels could have been more fluffy. The advertised roof terrace is just a roof deck with no food or beverage service. My only real problem was that there was busy with a couple of weddings or parties on Saturday night, and at times I could hear people in neighboring rooms. I was still able to get a good night's rest.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, superior room or better
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I were touring the East Coast for the first time in May and June and had the privledge of staying at the Rodd Charlottetown Hotel. We loved it. It was exceptionally clean, had friendly service, comfortable rooms and a great location in the heart of downtown. After our stay in PEI we carried on to Nova Scotia and it was there that I discovered I had left my jacket in PEI. I called the hotel and left a message with housekeeping and they promptly called me back the following day. They said they had my jacket and they were mailing it to my home in Alberta. I requested they send it COD but they said they would "take care of it". My jacket was waiting for me when we arrived home the middle of June. Thank you so much, and, by the way, we loved Charlottetown.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We had a great stay in Charlottetown in this hotel. The roof garden provided a wonderful view of the sunset and the city and the dinner theater was lots of fun. It was within walking distance of many good restaurants and attractions.

Room Tip: we chose the upper floors.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed at the Rodd Charlottetown the last full week of July 2012 for 3 nights. I booked only about a week in advance, and was able to secure a reasonable rate on Expedia. Absolutely loved the location. We were right downtown and could walk down to the waterfront or to Victoria Row for dinner. Staff was friendly. The kids loved the pool and the free wifi was great (a must with my teens/tweens). The rooms were a bit small (would have preferred queen beds to the doubles although they were very comfortable) and the bathroom was very tight. The drippy faucet was a bit annoying but we did get used to it. The bathrooms definitely need renovations, although the amenities (shampoo/conditioner/soap) were great! Our view was not great (rooftop). And quite a surprise to get an actual "key" to the room as opposed to a keycard. Parking is a bit tight. Most days we were able to get a spot out front and just left the car for the rest of the night, but did have to park in the back one night (which was challenging). Never heard any noise from the firehouse next door. Didn't eat at the hotel, so can't comment on the food. Starbucks was a block away (there is also a Tim Horton's) which is where we ate breakfast. Would stay again, more for the location than the hotel itself.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

I would not stay at this hotel again. The bathrooms need a total renovation and appear to be shabby and worn out. This hotel should invest in new towels for the comfort of their guests. Staff was pleasant and very helpful.

• Stayed July 2012
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Bathrooms need a total renovation. Otherwise the rooms were okay and got a fair rate. Parking is tight. Hotel is in a good location...convenient to everything. Employees were helpful. Overall an "okay" experience. I would not stay there again unless the bathrooms were updated.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rodd Charlottetown? Share your experiences!