We recently stayed at the Rodd Inn. It was pleasantly refreshing in that it has retained its elegance and charm despite showing its age. The staff was uber friendly and helpful and the room was clean and comfortable and didn't have that "hotel" smell. Being a mostly B and B traveller I was impressed by the charm of the original bathroom fixtures and tiles, wall treatments etc., and the overall feel of being back in the 1930's was a nice change. The location is excellent, within close walking distance to all of downtown Charlottetown. We were a bit rushed and didn't have time to eat there, but I noted the dining area was packed to capacity and everyone looked happy. I would recommend this as a good place to stay in Charlottetown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you step into the grand lobby of this four and a half star hotel with its marble floors and barrel--vaulted ceilings, you will be surrounded by the historic elegance that sets Rodd Charlottetown Hotel in a class apart from all other Island hotels. Built in 1931 by CN Railways, Rodd Charlottetown features the elegance and attention to detail synonymous with the historic Canadian National Railway Hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Rodd Charlottetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodd Charlottetown Hotel Charlottetown
- Rodd Hotel Charlottetown
- Rodd Charlottetown Prince Edward Island