“Close to airport” 3 of 5 stars

Best prices from these 7 sites
Save Saved
You added Sherwood Motel to your Saves list
Sherwood Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   281 Brackley Point Road, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1E 1Z3, Canada   |
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Charlottetown
Calgary, Canada
“Close to airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

You could walk from the airport to this hotel - really!!
My hubby and I stayed here for one night. I was flying from Calgary to Moncton when my flight was cancelled and the only way to the maritimes was to fly to Charolettetown. Hubby drove from Oromocto to PEI to pick me up (3hr drive) So since we never have been to PEI we visited for one evening and the next day and then drove back to New Brunswick.

This hotel served its purpose, it was very inexpensive (85$) and the dog was welcome for free
The bed was rather stiff but we were still able to get a decent night sleep.
It's a motel setting and well kept. We were able to drive up and park in front of our room.
The staff are very kind. They have a continental breakfast in the morning, cereal, bagels, coffee juice.
The room was small with a tiny kitchen. Stove top burner and microwave.

Room was a little outdated but we didn't mind.

If we were to play tourist a little longer we probably would have stayed closer to the Cavendish area.

Overall this hotel is great for a quick stop over but not a long stay

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was a great place to stay. Rooms were a little out dated, but not a big deal. Our room had a kitchen with a fridge, stove, and countertops, which came in handy. Good service, and it allowed my small dog. Could not ask for more.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

I had booked 2 nights at the Sherwood motel, online. Although there were a number of negative reviews, I decided to ignore them as I had found earlier negativity in other motels was unfounded. My first concern was when the office was manned by a person who spoke very little English and had all bookings manually written on a sheet. After booking in and paying my accommodation, I discovered that the room offered was out by the main (busy) road and next to the airport. This was not a huge problem, however, but when I found that we could not get wifi, as promised and there was no tea or coffee available in the room, I spat the dummy. The room, by the way was clean, but so small the double bed was pushed against one wall, necessitating the partner in the bed had to climb over the other person. There was obviously, no bedside lamp or table to allow reading. The TV also was a very old, small analogue device that was sub standard.

When I complained to the manager, she offered an upgrade to a room near the office, but we still felt let down. Subsequently, we asked for a refund, which was given and we left and found superior accommodation elsewhere for nearly the same price.

My advice---- don't go there. There are many better motels in Charlottetown, with better facilities at similar prices.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We had an early flight, so we spent our last night on PEI at the Sherwood Motel because it is literally across the street from the airport. The rooms were a good value for a very basic room, and it was nice to have a kitchenette. We would stay again for the convenience of easy airport access.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Halifax
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Off season rate. Still with taxes came to $93.00 for one night. Great for one night. Stayed in the main building. Have no idea what the motel rooms look like. Seemed to be quite a few cars/ trucks parked outside each motel room. Must be trades persons staying in Charlottetown for extended period.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

My friend and I needed a place for one night while passing through town, and most places were uncharacteristically full for the time of year, so we checked into this place. The woman at the front desk was wonderful and chatty, and our room was spacious and clean. It was a non-smoking room, but the smell of stale cigarettes suggested that it wasn't always that way. For the price, however, I can't really complain. I wouldn't stay here for more than a couple of nights though. If you're looking for something on the classier side, give this one a miss, but if you're just looking to lay your head on a moderately comfortable bed for a night, it'll do the job.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the rooms on the north side to keep the lights from next door shining through your...