“Wouldn't stay here again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Prince Edward

You added Delta Prince Edward to your Saves list
Delta Prince Edward
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 Queen Street, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 8B9, Canada   |
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Charlottetown
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Wouldn't stay here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed 3 nights on our 2 week maritime vacation. Asked for a room with view of Canada Day fireworks, couldn't see the fireworks at all from our room. Our room had a view of the convention centre roof. Between the revelers and hotel noise and long pillows that your head wouldn't stay on we never got a good nights sleep. To top it off a bag of snacks went missing from our room. This was the second most expensive hotel on our stay. More expensive than the Halifax, Marriott Harbourfront, a much nicer hotel by far and it included the breakfast ($45 value).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GSMPRI, Manager at Delta Prince Edward, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Grant F

Thank you for sharing your experience with us of your recent stay. I was disappointed to hear of your negative experiences from your room assignment to comfort of your room. I am sorry our hotel was not more to your liking. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your experiences and please now that your comments will be passed on to all respective department leaders for follow up.

Marshall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Simply a nice hotel in a nice place. Nice, clean rooms with a great staff. Good restaurant -locals come there to eat and thats always a good sign. Hotel lobby has recently been renovated and is open, bright and flows to lobby bar. Nice place to sit and meet people -and you will because everyone is so friendly. Canadians are just awesome. Gift shop has essentials. Reliable Internet. Taxis readily available.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GSMPRI, Manager at Delta Prince Edward, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear 7XTC

Thank you for your comments regarding your experiences with us. We are delighted to here you enjoy the changes made to the hotel lobby and restaurant, it is something we are very excited to have completed. We look forward to having you with us during your next visit to PEI.

calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We just spent six nights at this hotel ,while it is a clean hotel and a well organized recycle facility it lacks in atmospheric calm. What I mean by this is every other day bus loads of people arrive and if your unfortunate to be wanting to use the elevator you will be squished,hot, annoyed etc. I had to ask to have our sheets changed and the bathrooms in our room old small tub ineffective shower and slow drain. .The television purposely had shows like threes company nothing of any enjoyment level unless u wanted to pay. It is ok to stay in a night or two but not longer if you can help it. The rooms were always cold and the mini frig froze everything we put in it no matter how low the setting was on it. The beds were soft and the pillows were somewhat comfortable but short people will have trouble climbing into bed .

Room Tip: As I said stay a day or two no more the rooms I assume are all similar, you could ask for a front vi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GSMPRI, Manager at Delta Prince Edward, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear elsa g

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We appreciate your feedback provided regarding hotel services and your overall guest room experiences. Your comments have been passed along to the appropriate department leaders for follow up. We look forward to having you back with us during your next visit to PEI and look forward to a time when we have an ungraded room product.

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed here one night with Safeway Tour. We find staff to be quite friendly, very clean room. If you want early breakfast, there is a restaurant called Linda which is 1 minute walk from Delta, it opens at 7am. There are many restaurants near the hotel when you turn right.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
aaKNDeltaPRI, Executive Assistant at Delta Prince Edward, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your review, pleased you had a great stay with us! We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon to the Delta Prince Edward.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed here for the pool. We wanted to stay in town and I like to swim everyday. This hotel has a large indoor pool with separate areas for the kids and lap swimmers. Otherwise it is a typical chain hotel. The rooms and bathrooms are nice but the hotel overall is tired. My friends stayed at Great gorge and got free parking and breakfast for the same price. If you do not need a gym stay there. At 17$ pet day the parking is a rip off

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Pleased you had a good stay and that you enjoyed our fitness centre and pool in particular. Noted also was your comment regarding parking charges. We are pleased to provide our guests with a secure, underground and temperature controlled parkade, however your point is well taken. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again to the Delta Prince Edward.
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I was here last week, with the CCUFSA conference. Starting from the check in it was great. Really helpful staff and very friendly. Room was the best,excellent view nice and fluffy pillows and clean bathroom. As I was with the conference I didn't eat any meal other then breakfast, so I cannot really comment about food. Breakfast was nice, but it was kind of busy and the waiting staff couldn't find table on time. But that's ok I can totally understand the large number of people coming and eating food at the same time. My only concern was about Internet, I was in room 722 and I could not use Internet inside my room. It never used to connect properly in my I phone or in my I pad. May be the management should look into it. I cannot forget to mention the girl who served alcohol for us in the conference hall in night. I think her name was Kelly am not sure. She was great, friendly and always served with a smile, despite being late in the night.

Thanks delta for making my first visit to charlottetown memorable
Best regards
Parvathy

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
aaKNDeltaPRI, Executive Assistant at Delta Prince Edward, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you very much for the review of your stay with us. So pleased you enjoyed your visit overall, and that we were able to make your first stay in Charlottetown a memorable one. On another note, I do regret the wireless in your room was malfunctioning Obviously that was an inconvenience and I do apologize. Thank you for your comment toward Kelly, she was pleased to know she provided you with friendly guest service. I do hope we will have the opportunity to again welcome you to the Delta Prince Edward.
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Four of us enjoyed an excellent meal at Water's Edge in the Delta. The food was inventive, beautifully presented, full of flavor - just wonderful. Also appreciated the serving sizes - perfect, not overwhelming. I began with the summer salad, followed with the red snapper, and ended with the pistachio punch (a cake). Others in the group had seafood pasta, mussels, watermelon salad, and more scrumptious desserts. We accompanied the meal with a bottle of wine. The prices were fair for the quality of food and drink: For two people (1 cocktail, 1/2 bottle of wine, 2 1st courses, 2 main meals, 2 desserts, and 2 coffees) - including tax and tip - expect to pay about $100. Our server was available without being intrusive. A nice touch: The manager and the Chef stopped by tables to check on their guests. (The restaurant just opened earlier this month, I believe.) So, what was the problem? The ambience was non-existent, despite the hotel having been just renovated. There's a cold, sterile, outdated feel to the place - looks like a throwback to the 70s. The dining area reminded us all of a high school cafeteria... And, there's no real separation from the dining area and the very lively bar - except for a 1/2 way wall of sorts... doesn't offer any privacy. Anyhow, the food made up for the lack of ambience and it's likely that we'll return!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
GSMPRI, Manager at Delta Prince Edward, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear laprof

Thank you for your comments regarding your experiences in the newly opened Water's Edge Resto Bar and Grill. We were delighted to hear that the service and meal was excellent. Your feedback regarding the ambiance is appreciated and look forward to seeing you upon your next visit to PEI

Marshall

Been to Delta Prince Edward? Share your experiences!