“Excellent location, Staff and Food`” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Prince Edward

You added Delta Prince Edward to your Saves list
Delta Prince Edward
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 Queen Street, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 8B9, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Charlottetown
Halifax, Canada
“Excellent location, Staff and Food`”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I had an excellent stay at the Delta Prince Edward, even though they had a conventino and a hockey tournament at the same time. While the general noise level was what wou would expect in the lobby and common areas (energy-charged boys between games), my room was surprisingly silent and I would never have known tha they were full to capacity.

The food is awesome (try their signature fries - amazing!) and the location is great for getting out to other downtown locations for meetings or restaurants.

I recommend this hotel and I will stay again on my next visit to the island.

Room Tip: When you call to book ask for a room with parking included - or, if it is the summer - park overnigh...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
aaKNDeltaPRI, Executive Assistant at Delta Prince Edward, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
So pleased you had such a fantastic stay with us at the Delta Prince Edward! Your many kind comments towards the hotel were a pleasure to read and to share. It was indeed a busy time when you visited us, and it's wonderful your stay went smoothly and was enjoyable. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Best Points
-Great downtown location. Perfect for walking downtown or along the marina boardwalk
-Great staff to deal with
-Great Restaurant/Food. Their Chef staff as often send across Canada to train other Delta locations
-Clean rooms. Older Hotel but well kept and cleaners do a good job

Worst Points
-Underground parking to low for some vehicles. Check first
-Elevator from parking to lobby "way" to small. Most should unload luggage in the lobby before parking
-Hopefully the new convention center wing is finished for Summer 2012. Construction is between the Hotel and the Harbour so best view rooms might have view issues
-Too many car smash & grabs downtown so keep valuables out of sight when street parking.

Room Tip: Call or Email ahead for special requests. Front desk prompt and helpful
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
aaKNDeltaPRI, Executive Assistant at Delta Prince Edward, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Your review of your stay with us is very much appreciated, and in particular your kind comments towards our employees and culinary offerings. Construction of our convention centre expansion is indeed underway. Completion is expected in Summer 2013, and will not have any impact on rooms with water views. Renovations to other areas of the hotel will be completed this year. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Delta Prince Edward to experience all of the above. In the meantime, thank you for feedback here.
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stayed at the Delta Prince Edward from Feb. 10 - 12 for the Jack Frost Festival (along with our extended families). There was a group of 13 of us all together. This was our first time staying at the Delta Prince Edward as we usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express, closer to the Jack Frost event sites.

The Delta looks like it's a bit of an older hotel, however, it was very well-kept. Our rooms were better than we had expected and the beds were very comfortable. We all had a good nights' sleep at the Delta - which is difficult (for me!) when I stay at a hotel. We all had a great time in the pool and it was nice that they had an attendant there that offered towels, etc.

Considering we were a fair size group with small children, the Staff there were always very polite, accomodating, and eager to assist us. They brought up special treats/drinks for the kids each afternoon (delicious cookies and cheesecake 'pops'!) We also attended the fundraiser pancake breakfast for 'Hockey Day in Canada' and got our pictures taken with the Stanley Cup. The food was excellent and we were so pleased we were staying at a hotel where they had some of these big functions going on for this event!

We even took advantage of their valet parking service - if you have to pay $17/day for parking, pay the extra $2/day for valet parking, especially during the winter! It was great to get into a nice warm vehicle and not have to scrape snow and ice off your windshield! Plus you can bring your luggage to the front lobby and right out to your car, instead of having to drag it down through the parking garage.

All-in-all, we had a great trip. We would definitely consider staying at the Delta Prince Edward again in the further!

PROS:
- Great Service and accommodating for our large group with small kids
- Food was great (but could get pricey if you're travelling with kids!)
- Had fun at the pool
- Beds were comfy
- Valet parking was a fabulous service considering we had heavy snow/wind/ice during our stay last weekend!

CONS:
- Have to pay for parking $17/day
- Hotel is in need of some updating (lobby, decor, bathrooms, etc.)

Room Tip: We chose a Premier Room instead of a standard room - beds were comfy and most have a window seat (ab...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
aaKNDeltaPRI, Executive Assistant at Delta Prince Edward, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us, your many detailed comments towards our employees and our hotel were very much appreciated! So pleased you and your group enjoyed all that was happening that weekend in the hotel and in Charlottetown. Noted also was your feedback regarding refurbishment, and your point is well taken. We are looking forward to renovations this year to our lobby and restaurant, which will coincide with the expansion to our convention centre. We do hope you will return to enjoy our new product offering. In the meantime, thank you again for sharing feedback on your experience with us.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012 via mobile

In need of a Reno ... rooms OK but new furniture needed. All hotels in Charlottetown need upgrade .... this one no different
.. best of the worst. Staff need some leadership wandering around lost and understaffed weekend we were there.

• Stayed February 2012
DooMSDeltaPRI, Director of Operations at Delta Prince Edward, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
I am Margaret Somers, Director of Operations here at the Delta Prince Edward. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback through TripAdvisor. We are pleased to advise we now provide wireless internet throughout the hotel and we plan on upgrading our TV offering in 2012. We have a plan to address our future room product upgrades. We will be updating our lobby and restaurant in the latter part of 2012. I hope that if your travels bring you back to Charlottetown once our renovations are complete that you will stop in to see our new product. Thank you again for your feedback it is very important and we appreciate your comments.
Dartmouth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed in Charlottetown recently and have to comment that service seems to have climbed a few stairs at the Delta Prince Edward.
Upon arrival I was greeted at the Delta Privaledge counter by a very enthusiastic and knowledgeable staff person. I was checked in very quickly and reminded about my Delta privaledge upgrades and some other benefits which I had yet to redeem, and quite frankly had forgotten about. I was immediately upgraded for my stay to a beautiful King suite with jacuzzi for the duration of my stay.
The room service was fantastic and each time I had interaction with any of the staff, their level of enthusiasm was was exemplary.
This hotel offers a great location for walking through the downtown, and quick road trips to any part of the island. It makes this site perfect for regular PEI visits. Having been a guest here before, I have to comment, this have definitely up'd their game recently.
I even took advantage of the in-house car detailing while there. It was also a great job done for an excellent price.
I look forward to my next trip to PEI.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the hotel, but ask for a harbour view for the best options...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
aaKNDeltaPRI, Executive Assistant at Delta Prince Edward, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Thank you very much for the review of your recent stay at the Delta Prince Edward. So pleased you had a great experience overall, and that you enjoyed your Jacuzzi Suite upgrade as well as the in house car detailing service. Your taking the time to provide feedback on your stay is very much appreciated, and in particular your kind comments towards our employees and the service they provided you. Thank you for choosing us, and we look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back to the the Delta Prince Edward.
new brunswick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I had the opportunity to stay at the Delta Prince Edward early in October. My room was on the top floor but don't be fooled - this was a regular room not a suite. That said, it was very clean, very comfortable and had a great view of Charlottetown. I was on the back of the building so could only see a small bit of the bay but the view from my very comfortable window seat was beautiful. I had room service two different nights during my stay - the food was terrific and more than I could eat, the price was good and the service staff were friendly, professional and helpful. In addition, the bed was incredibly comfortable - I rarely sleep well in hotels but I slept like a baby here. Because I drove from nearby New Brunswick, I made use of the underground parking. The parking was very convenient - using my room card to get in and out.

During the days, I attended a conference in the business facilities which included snacks, a luncheon and a banquet. Again, food was terrific and the wait staff were friendly, professional and helpful. All of the facilities were clean and well maintained. Every employee that I came across, including the maintenance guy in the elevator, made a point to speak with me and ask me if there was anything I needed but the General Manager took the cake.

The night before I was to leave, weather reports were not sounding great for our travel day. Many people were worried about cancelled flights and the possibility of the Confederation Bridge closing. I had had a conversation with a third party about this and expressed concern but chose to wait and see what happened since it was so late in the day that I couldn't imagine being able to check out without losing my money for that night's stay. The General Manager got wind of that conversation and came to me! He advised me that if I would be more comfortable leaving that night, they would allow me to check out and not charge me for that night's stay. He also offered to try to make arrangements for accomodations in Moncton so that I would not have to drive the entire way home that night. He appeared to be genuinely concerned for my comfort. I chose to stay (and it worked out fine) but I am very appreciative for the care that was shown for how I might be feeling.

I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely plan to stay here again the next time I'm in Charlottetown.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
aaKNDeltaPRI, Executive Assistant at Delta Prince Edward, responded to this review, December 31, 2011
Thank you kindly for your review of the Delta Prince Edward. Your many kind compliments towards the employees and the hotel were very much appreciated, for certain. Pleased you enjoyed your in room dining experience and your room's window seat in particular. The window seats prove to be popular with our guests! Pleased also that our General Manager had the opportunity to meet you and offer you accommodation arrangements. We do hope you will again stay with us at the Delta Prince Edward. In the meantime, all the best for 2012.
Plattsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

From the time of my arrival, throughout the entire stay, staff were excellent.

Room Tip: Waterfront rooms a good choice.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Your five star review of our property was very much appreciated, thank you. In particular, pleased that you received excellent guest service during your stay. Hope we will again have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Delta Prince Edward. Best wishes for 2012.

Been to Delta Prince Edward? Share your experiences!