“Great stay at Elmwood” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Elmwood Heritage Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlottetown
Elmwood Heritage Inn
You added Elmwood Heritage Inn to your Saves list
121 North River Road | Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 3K7 , Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 41 Charlottetown B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
alberta
“Great stay at Elmwood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We just stayed at this beautifully maintained house for 3 nights. This is a true heritage home. Really loved it. Both Jay and Carol were very helpful hosts. They helped us suggesting places to see on the island. They also helped with making restaurant reservations.

The breakfast was the best I have had in many years. You just sit at the table and breakfast is served to you :).

We really had a wonderful time on the island. Would definitely recommend this place for anyone visiting Charlottetown PEI.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We just stayed here for two nights and loved it. The house itself is beautiful. the hosts are extremely helpful, recommending restaurants, making reservations etc, and the breakfast both mornings was delicious. A short walk to downtown and an even shorter drive, this is a B&B I'd recommend for anyone visiting Charlottetown.

Room Tip: We stayed in the nurses room which was quite quiet (being on the top floor of the house) and had amp...
Sherwood Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

From the moment we arrived, hosts Jay and Carol made us feel as though we had known them all our lives. From the warm welcome to the delicious and impeccably presented breakfasts, we couldn't have asked for more. The classic Victorian furnishings and décor made our surroundings in the 'Library Room' a delight. We have stayed in many upscale B & B's over the years and can say with confidence it just doesn't get better than this. A fitting finale to our 8 days on P.E.I. Thank you Jay and Carole.

Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Our children arranged a weeks holiday in PEI for our special anniversary. Our hosts, Carol and Jay made our stay truly memorable and delightful. The Inn is charming with antiques and history in every room. Our room was the "Library" and was especially cozy and comfortable. The housekeeping staff was exceptional and breakfast in the grand dining room with the other guests every morning was a culinary treat as well as a warm social gathering.
Carol and Jay are particularly well informed about the goings on in PEI and made wonderful recommendations regarding day trips, must see places, shopping and restaurants. They took care of reservations and all the little details that permitted us a relaxed and memorable holiday. We hope to return often and soon.

Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Our enjoyment of a recent golf trip to Prince Edward Island, along with another couple, was assured as a result of staying at the Elmwood Heritage Inn. Upon our arrival, we were greeted warmly by Carol who together with her husband Jay form an exceptional team. Our first two nights were in Rosa's room which we found to be spacious, very comfortable and exceptionally clean. Our last night was in the Premier's Suite, an excellent large suite with an ample seating area, fireplace and two room bath. The amenities in both rooms were excellent. There is a comfortable common area on the second floor complete with fridge for chilling beverages and an excellent selection of wine and drinks glasses. DO NOT miss breakfast. Every breakfast begins with fresh squeezed orange juice followed by a beautifully presented fruit plate with the variety of fruit changing daily. The main course consists of such options as French toast, fluffy blueberry pancakes, baked omelettes, etc. The Inn is situated in a quiet residential area and although they do not serve dinner it only takes about 15 - 20 minutes to walk downtown to dine at anyone of a number of excellent restaurants. At every turn Carol and Jay were extremely friendly and helpful. The Inn is set back from the road so watch for the sign, turn through the gates and follow the driveway.

Room Tip: I think folks would be happy in any of the rooms.
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

A beautiful house, with lovely hosts. Jay and Carol were extremely kind and went the extra mile to make my stay a very pleasant one. I traveled from Halifax, and as a lone traveler who does not drive, the location of Elmwood was a little inconvenient. Downtown was a 20 minute walk, so was the shuttle bus stop to Halifax. On my first day in Charlottetown, Carol offered to drive me to the Farmers' Market, and went on to drive me downtown, bringing me to the Founder's Hall, where the visitor centre is located. Jay and Carol also helped me with dinner reservation, not to mention Jay giving me a lift downtown again later in the evening.

I stayed in the Victorian room. A beautiful and immaculately decorated room, living up to its name. They have a huge collection of DVDs which you can borrow and watch in your room. Breakfast was delicious and the food presentation was lovely. I had a great time mingling with the other guests over breakfast.

The B&B is a short walk to the Victoria Park Boardwalk, and I would highly recommend going there to see the sunset, a truly magical experience.

On my last day, Jay offered to drive me to the pickup location of the shuttle bus back to Halifax. I am really grateful for the hospitality they showed me. It really made my stay extra memorable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Quebec, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I went to PEI with my boyfriend and my parents, to celebrate their 30th anniversary. Since my mom was big fan of the story "Anne and green gables", I wanted to pick up the prettiest b&b in various choice for her to feel like Anne Shirley in the story.
And when we arrived there, it turned out that I did my right choice; Elmwood heritage inn looked awesome and super lovely from outside and inside!! full of flowers everywhere (even in wall papers!), beds covered with hand made patchwork quilt, curtains with fancy frills, beautiful old woody furniture... it was filled with charm of PEI, totally amazing.
And not only the Inn itself, but also owners, Carol and Jay were awesome as well; were always smiley and gentle, helped us a lot to reserve/plan touristic sites, served us delicious breakfast (especially hot biscuit and home made jam were excellent!), gave us short drive and guiding in Charlottetown... Thanks to them and I definitely come back there if I visit PEI again!!

Room Tip: We took "The Peake Suite" room with 4 adults (me, my boyfriend, my parents) and it was per...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Elmwood Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!