“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodd Royalty

You added Rodd Royalty to your Saves list
Rodd Royalty
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Capital Dr. | PO Box 2499, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 8C2, Canada   |
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Charlottetown
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a few nights in the summer. We had planned on staying only one night, but stayed longer. Enjoyed the room and the breakfast was great. The Housekeeping staff were exceptionally friendly.

My kids really loved the pool, but I did find the water slide to be dangerous. You barrel into the main pool area and from the time you leave the top to the time you hit the pool there is such a delay that I am surprised nobody has gotten hurt. I almost hit a curious kid who was peaking his head into the bottom of the slide (when I left the top the way was all clear). They really need a staff/lifeguard on site.

By far the best hotel we stayed in on our maritime trip, but the pool might deter us from returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review of your stay this summer at the Rodd Royalty. I appreciate your feedback about our pool area and you can be assured that we will take into account feedback such as this as we look to improve our products and services at the property.

Thank you for choosing the Rodd Royalty when you travel to Charlottetown.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Charlottetown, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for only one night, but I was very impressed with everything. First of all, I was greeted at the door by one of the employees who works behind the desk. The staff were all extremely nice and accommodating. I stayed in a room on the second floor, it was very clean, the colors in the room and the furniture were all very modern; the bed was soooooo comfortable, I had a great sleep. There was complimentary breakfast, the dining room was beautiful a well. The food was great. Lots of options, home made waffles, eggs, sausage, toast, cereal, fruit, yogurt.......and the list goes on. I did not have a chance at having a swim in the pool, but I did take a glance, definitely would be a fun place especially for kids as there is a large waterslide.
I was at a function in the 'courtyard', it was beautiful, large room, the service by the staff and the appetizers that were offered were delicious.
I was very happy with my stay, can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience at the Rodd Royalty. I am very happy to hear about your great stay.

You can be assured that I will share this with my staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Rodd Royalty in the future.
Cape Traverse, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed at the Rodd Royalty Inn on both ends of a plane trip from Charlottetown due to flight times and weather conditions. We hadn't stayed here before this, but the Rodd's location seemed ideal with its proximity to the airport. We came away with the opinion that this hotel compares favourably with the downtown "boutique" inn we normally stay at on trips to the city but at a much lower price point. The complimentary breakfast is superior to that offered by our former favourite and, in particular, the service is less "stiff" and very welcoming. We got the genuine impression that the front desk staff were interested in our plans and we enjoyed their sense of humour and candor. The rooms are well equipped with a small fridge, microwave and higher grade bed and linens. I had a chance to wander around the facilities and wish I had known more about this hotel when scheduling meetings and conferences in the past..... the layout is ideal. I noticed that Alie Mills is their event coordinator, so I'm sure that, based on her previous successes, the level of quality in that area is also top notch. Congratulations to Craig and the Rodd team on your high standards and consistent delivery. We'll be back and will definitely recommend you to our friends and associates.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience at the Rodd Royalty with fellow travellers.

Oh behalf of the staff we sincerely appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we can't wait to welcome you back.

Thank you and safe travels.
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

the hotel staff was extremely friendly and accommodating especially being on a hockey trip, some hotel are extremely strict, this hotel was strict but very fair to parents and kids. The staff even went out of there way to set up breakfast for the kids before breakfast hours.
The rooms were very clean and everything was in excellent condition i.e. TV, microwave and fridge.
I highly recommend you stay there

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, December 11, 2013

WE LOVE OUR SPORTS TEAMS!

I am glad to hear how much you and the team enjoyed our swimming pool and water slide, complimentary breakfast, and in-room amenities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Rodd Royalty when you travel to Charlottetown again.
Cocagne, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Truly appreciated the annual traveler's social. One a year, it is truly nice tohave the Road Warriors together as a group. Thank You to the Craig, manager, hotel staff and the Rodd family members present and rememberred. Please enjoy the holiday season. Wishing everyone ; Good Health and Good Wealth.

Room Tip: Some travelers care to have the same room from stay to stay. Believe it, we get used to the room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking time to share your feedback with fellow travellers.

We are very thankful for the business that our loyal EveryStay members have provided us over the years.

Our annual EveryStay holiday reception is the least we can do to show our appreciation for your loyalty.

Thank you for choosing Rodd Hotels & Resorts when you travel in the Maritimes.
Dartmouth, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed here for a hockey tournament and I have nothing but good things to say. The staff were all very friendly at all times of the day/night, the included hot buffet breakfast was more than adequate, and the fact all the rooms had fridges and microwaves was a great help. They were well prepared for the teams and you didn't feel like an annoyance being there, as some hotels can make you feel on those kind of trips.

You can tell the hotel was renovated fairly recently, and the outside can be a bit of a letdown, but don't let it fool you. Every room I saw was well decorated and comfortable, and the lobby was inviting to sit and wait when gathering the group together. The ONLY issues to note was that it was difficult to get the room temperature consistent, and the shower temperature was never quite hot enough.

Location wise it is close to all shopping and restaurants, and there is good variety all around it. Would I stay here again? No question.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, November 26, 2013

I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and you can be assured that I will share this with all of my staff.

Thank you very much for choosing the Rodd Royalty when you travel to Charlottetown.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Beginning of November ,2013,we visited beautiful PEI and stayed at Rodd Royalty hotel.Young lady,recepcionist,with a warm smile ,checked us in.Room was spacious,neat.Beds were very confortable and sheets snow-white and soft.The cozy breakfast area was another nice experiance,they offered hot breakfast.Such a friendly stuff,quiet,knowing what are they doing.Very impressive!We would definitely recomend this hotel and use it for future stay at Charlttetown.Thank you very much!
ILIJA and DIJANA MITROVIC

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to complete a review after your recent stay at the Rodd Royalty. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very proud of the level of service we provide for all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Rodd Royalty when you travel to Charlottetown in the future.

Been to Rodd Royalty? Share your experiences!