“Clean. Great water slide!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodd Royalty

You added Rodd Royalty to your Saves list
Rodd Royalty
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Capital Dr. | PO Box 2499, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 8C2, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Charlottetown
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Waterloo, Canada
“Clean. Great water slide!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms. Comfortable beds and pillows. Bathroom ok but there appeared to be the start of mildew in bathtub area. There were only two mirrors in the entire and both were in the bathroom (one over the sink and other behind bathroom door) so it would be difficult for multiple people to get ready at same time.

House keeping was ok but left partially used water bottle in our room and short changed us on towels on our second day. Beds have decorative pillows and covers which I detest. They look nice but are seldom cleaned and I much prefer clean, plain bedding to a decorative bedding that gets cleaned occasionally.

AC/heater is older style where you turn dial left or right to increase or decrease temp. It can be challenging to find right temp.

Breakfast was good. It is buffet self-serve with hash browns, eggs, sausages, fruit salad, assorted baked goods, bread, and if you ask the server he/she can request gluten free toast from the kitchen for you.

Not wheelchair accessible, or at least no ramp was apparent. One elevator and it can be slow.

Hotel laundry was located in adjacent motel which was fairly convenient. $2 wash and $2 dry.

Super water slide for kids and young at heart. Pool is designed largely for the slide to exit and so it would be difficult to just swim around. Hot tub was ok, but small given the size of hotel and number of people in swimming pool area. You need to request pool towels from from desk which can be annoying if you forget until after you are wet.

All in all, hotel was very good. Not my favourite but clean, comfortable, and the slide is lots of fun for kids. We would return.

• Stayed July 2013
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to complete a review after your recent stay at the Rodd Royalty.

I was glad to hear your family enjoyed many of our amenities such as our swimming pool, water slide and complimentary breakfast.

As well; thank you for your constructive feedback that allows us to improve our product and services. I will be sure to review the placement of our mirrors and see if there is a possibility of moving any of them to the main bedroom area of the guest room or even possible adding an extra full length mirror outside of the bathroom.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The staff and amenities were excellent. The breakfast is quite good, plentiful but basic. The young guy ...Daniel at the bar is a great conversationalist. He is a great worker. Jonathan at the front desk remembered about our kids competition and they mailed me my iPhone charger, will go back !

• Stayed June 2013
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to complete a review of the Rodd Royalty. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am very proud of all of our staff and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with them.

We can't wait to welcome you back to the Rodd Royalty when you travel to Charlottetown in the future.
Cape Breton Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We spent a few days on PEI recently and stayed at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and cool-the ac work great.. We had the family package which included a picnic lunch for 4 and a family pass to shining waters-all was ready when we got there and we were very impressed with it all....Our son loved the waterslide and the hot breakfast was excellent-would stay here again when visiting PEI

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking time to share your great experience at the Rodd Royalty with fellow travellers.

I am really happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that you booked one of our fantastic packages!

We look forward to welcoming you back when you travel to Charlottetown in the future.
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Currently staying at this hotel on our bike tour of the Island. We had booked for 2 nights but we are enjoying the Island and this hotel so much we have extended our stay for another night....no problem. Our room is spacious with 2 queen beds and beautifully decorated. The air conditioning works well which is great for us since the temperatures has been in the 30's and after biking for a few hrs in this heat we can come back to our room relax and cool off. Staff are friendly and ready to assist. Will stay here again when we come back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Craig J, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review of the Rodd Royalty.

We are very happy you are enjoying one of newly renovated guest rooms. Thank you very much for choosing our property when you travel to Charlottetown and we look forward to seeing you again when you travel to PEI in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were on our honeymoon recently and stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and quite enjoyed it. When we first got there, we had issues with the toilet but it was fixed right away. The rooms are small but very clean. The A/C worked well and location is perfect. My biggest surprise was the breakfast! It was probably the best we had the entire 2 weeks of our vacation. Eggs, sausage, home fries(my fav) fruit, yogurt, toast, cereal etc. There was so much variety. We will stay here again next time we visit P.E.I.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to complete a review of the Rodd Royalty after your recent stay.

I am very happy to hear how much you enjoyed our stay. Especially our complimentary full hot breakfast.

Thank you for choosing the Rodd Royalty when you travel to Charlottetown. We look forward to seeing you again when you travel to PEI>
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel seemed great, except my air conditioning didn't work. At all. This made everything else seem bad, so I will do my best to be objective. The room was clean, though small. The bathroom was also clean. The front desk was friendly and the morning coffee, quite good. However as I stated, the AC didn't work.... It was only in the 70's outside, but the room was so hot and stuffy I didn't sleep at all. I really appreciated the refrigerator in the room. I would definitely recommend this hotel, I would just verify the heating/AC worked before I unpacked.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience with fellow travellers.

I thank you for choosing the Rodd Royalty. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry we did not have the opportunity to fix the A/C issue in your guest room.

Thank you for staying with us when you travel to Charlottetown and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Halifax
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Thank you Rodd Royalty, Charlottetown. PEI for a wonderful experince at your hotel! This was our first time stay and I give it a 10 out of 10 rating! Fast check-in, curtious and competent staff. Loved my room---the beds were so comfortable and the unit was emmaculate! The price was great value for the money we spent. Thanks to the front desk for providing us with all our needs. The continental breakfast was awesome----so much more than we expected. Will definitely be staying with you again on our next visit to PEI! Well done Rodd Royalty!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay at the Rodd Royalty----you won't be disappointed!