“Modern room, convenient and clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dundee Arms Inn

You added Dundee Arms Inn to your Saves list
Dundee Arms Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Pownal Street, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 3W8, Canada   |
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Charlottetown
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Modern room, convenient and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Pleasant, week-long stay in the new annex part of this hotel. The reception was very helpful; no problem with very early morning arrival and receiving business faxes on my behalf. I stayed in the top floor of the annex. The room was spacious and modern, with a nice bathroom, small fridge, coffee maker. Airconditioning as well as a window that opens. Wifi a bit erratic but okay. Restaurant pleasant for dinner. Ten minute walk around corner to downtown cafes for breakfast.

Room Tip: Would recommend the modern rooms in the annex.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Santa Rosa, Cal. USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed 3 nights. We had a room in the annex on the 4th floor. There is no elevator, it has a small window with no cross breeze but beside this, the bed is one of the most comfortable beds we have been in. The amenities are modern, the television new, free wifi in the room and good lighting. The best part is the restaurant. They have gluten free on the menu. It is one of the only places to have gluten free seafood chowder, which was divine, They have a gf breakfast menu. My husband asked them to make gluten free french toast which they did and it was delicious. The location is perfect, close enough to walk to everything but far enough away from the cruise ships crowds. The staff was extremely nice.

Room Tip: I think that one has to talk to the hotel to get a description of the rooms available. There are so...
Marshfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

First visit to PEI and picked Dundee Arms for our final night because of positive reviews on Tripadvisor! Lovely inn, great location. We stayed in the annex and the room was nice. We looked forward to an above average dining experience and were disappointed. Our waitress was outstanding but the food was not. Rack of lamb looked nothing like their pictures, smaller portion, overdone and potato cold on both entrees. The scallope special had 5 small scallopes. The wine list offered very little in the way of quality wines.

Room Tip: No elevator for annex rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dundee I, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Sir:

I am very sorry that you had this experience with our restaurant. Did you speak to your waitress regarding the meal you were served. Did you speak to Food and Beveage Manager who was on duty on September 20th. I read all comment cards and I listen to all comments regarding with food, service or the hotel side of the business and I was not aware of any comments regarding your dinner on this night. I wish you had spoken to someone as we cannot fix something we are not aware of. I would have had your meal replaced immediately. I take the business very seriosly and I care about every customer's experience who dine or stay at the Dundee. I would really appreciate if you could get in touch with me here at the hotel by email or toll free . Our toll free is 1-877-638-6333 and the email address is dundeearms@eastlink.ca. I would love to hear from you and try to rectify the problem. Again thank you for letting me know and I look forward to hearing from you.

Pat Sands
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Coming to PEI for the first time we wanted to laid back Island experience, rather then staying in a chain hotel and we got just what we wanted.

We arrived Friday night around 130AM due to an airline delay, and were pretty tired upon arrival. Check in was pleasant and friendly, and we were on our way to our room within minutes.

We stayed in the Inn portion, and received a Victorian style room complete with canopy bed, as well as a large bathroom and giant tub. We were close to the stairs which I was somewhat concerned about, however over the two nights not once was I woken up by someone on the stairs or a conversation in the hallway.

The bed was very comfortable, and the room provided all the luxuries we needed for our stay.

Internet was included; and much to my surprise very fast.
I guess I have become too accustom to the Hilton-esk wireless internet which is useful for just surfing but far too slow for anything else.

It was a nice surprise.

The location is the best of both worlds;
Its a five minute walk from downtown, yet far enough away to give you that B&B feel.

It was about a ten minute cab ride from the airport, and a short walk to the shops and restaurants downtown, certainly an ideal location if its your first time to the island.

Check out was equally quick, and they were kind enough to hold our bags for us while we walked Charlottetown for a few hours.

The folks at the front desk were absolute gems.
They were able to provide recommendations of things to see and do for nearly every corner of the Island, simply fabulous.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Stay in the Inn.
Airdrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

There are rooms in the inn and also some in an adjacent building. I can't comment on the separate building, but we had a standard room on the second floor of the inn. This was the last available room so got the impression there were better ones, but we thought it was great. Clean, comfortable and quite large. There is a restaurant on the first floor and as we were so close we did hear some of the activity downstairs, but it's closed by 10pm so didn't affect our sleep.
The inn is very close to the historic downtown so was very conventiently located. Prices seemed a bit high but after checking around at other nearby, their prices are very competitive.

Nova Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Having stayed at the Dundee Arms over the years (with a 12 year absence) I was delighted to stay there recently and found it has kept up with the times!
Although many renovations have been done over the years they have kept the original charm whilst added an up to date boutique feel to the facility.
We stayed in the annex (once little more than an add-on motel unit) to find it had modern design and was extremely comfortable.
AIl in all I highly recoment it for those that want a small country inn located in the heart of ever so charming Charlottetown!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Littleton, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Reserved late so got the last room available, in the annex, on the ground floor, underneath the stairs (not Dundee's fault). Noisy late night revellers were annoying as well as the necessity of leaving door open so as not to feel claustrophopic - again not the Dundee's fault as the room was very nice. However, I'd suggest the 2nd or 3rd floor where the drapes could be left open.

Room was modern, clean & attractive with a huge shower. Reading lights over pillows were very good (and very unusual) but no lights near the chairs which made them (chairs) unusable.

All personnel were pleasant and helpful. Front desk help training was inconsistent. The young woman who checked me in only programmed the room key for a single night - VERY inconvenient and annoying when returning from a day around the island and really needing the bathroom facilities urgently but having to go to the front desk for key reprogramming and waiting for that person to put a reservation requesting caller on hold.

Breakfast was excellent and very reasonably priced.

Al fresco dining area on the deck is very attractive and we used it as our outdoor reading and relaxing area in late afternoons.

In town location is excellent allowing for short wallks to dinner and waterfront.

Room Tip: Suggest 2nd or 3rd floor in annex, did not see any rooms in main building. Annex is contiguous to ma...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Dundee Arms Inn? Share your experiences!