“Cozy and comfortable” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Charlottetown

You added BEST WESTERN Charlottetown to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Charlottetown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   238 Grafton Street, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 1L5, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Charlottetown
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Cozy and comfortable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

Stayed at this Best Western Hotel in Charlottetown Canada for 10 days while on business. The staff were all very friendly and helpfull. The rooms are nice and comfortable, some comes complete with a small kitchen if you want to do your own cooking. I found the beds quite a bit too soft and same with the pillows, which some people may like, but I found it hard to sleep. Another down side is that the "continental" breakfast was a bit thin, consisting only of cereals, boiled eggs, and waffles. Also the only meals at night are small snacks served in the bar. There is a heated pool and a small gym which was quite nice too. If you dont mind eating out every meal, this is a nice hotel to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
charboneau, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, responded to this review, October 27, 2010
I would like to thank the guest for taking the time to comment on their stay at our property.
We have just recently completed a full renovation of our hotel and it is most gratifying to see that our guests appreciate the enhancements.
I will continue to monitor the variety of the Free Continental Breakfast items which I fully understand can at times become a bit repetetive during a longer stay. I do appreciate the feedback.
I will share the guest's observations with the hotel team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Charlottetown, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

My husband and I along with our 12 year old son and our dog moved here from another province. We spent 7 weeks at the Best Western Charlottetown until our new home was ready. It was an incredible experience. Our son enjoyed his daily swims in the heated pool and I thoroughly enjoyed the fitness centre overlooking the pool. We stayed in a 1 bedroom apt which had a full size stove and fridge. Laundry services were just a short walk down the hall. Free breakfast of waffles, toast, yogurt, fruit, cereal and more was also included and delicious. While the restaurant had a limited evening menu, we certainly enjoyed the food.....try the awesome meatballs!!! The Best Western is within walking distance of downtown shopping, theatres and a wide selection of some of the best restaurants you'll find anywhere. The management and staff went out of their way to make us feel at home and it had become our home away from home. It made our adjustment to living in a different province so much easier. Thank you my friends for all your nice gestures!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
It was an absolute pleasure reading this customer's feedback. Our hotel has just been ciompletely refurbished with many pleasing features.
Friendly service is one of the many areas that we focus on and this becomes especially important when the guests spend an extended time at our property.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming them in the near future.
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights before taking the ferry to Les Iles de la Madeleine. It was Sept. 3 through 5, 2010. Hurricane Earl was hitting PEI on Saturday PM. We did not lose power and no services were interrupted. Rooms were cleaned and large. Just make sure you don't get one that has the view on the inside pool as it is darker. The complementary breakfast was O.K. but first morning I could not get hard boiled egg, there was none left while I was there. The pool was large and pleasant but the whirpool was closed. Overall, I recommand this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

The hotel and the rooms are a bit dated and worn, but at the same time fuctional and clean. We were staying with the family in the middle of winter, and we were treated royally, with a typically friendly Canadian attitude, good directions to restaurants, a good breakfast (more selection than average Canadian hotel breakfasts). The location is good, most sights and restaurants in Charlottetown can be reached on foot. We would come back...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
charboneau, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, responded to this review, September 29, 2010
It was a pleasure for me to read the comments from this valued guest. Your kind comments on the friendly service that you received during your stay will be shared with the associates.
Although our hotel is slightly older, we have made a real effort in refurbishing the guest rooms and public areas with very encouraging feedback from our guests.
We look forward to hosting this guest on their next visit to our beautiful island.
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

We spent two nights there, and were a bit disappointed. The whole place had a bit of a dingy feel to it, especially the pool area. The room was okay, great bed, but the hairdryer didn't work, and neither did one of the lamps. The worst thing was the morning we were checking out (check-out is at noon). A member of the housekeeping staff knocked on our door at 8:30am to ask if we were going to be requiring housekeeping that day. I told that we were checking out, so yes they would have to clean it.Totally innapropriate. We could have been sleeping (had in fact just woken up). If it had been 11:00am or something, ok, but that was way too early. The bathroom was small and had a hospital feel to it. For the price, not worth it. Whatever you do, make sure you know where your room is located. We were right by the front desk, and you could hear people running and talking loudly up and down the hall on their way to check-out, and chatting by the front desk, very very early in the morning. The location was good however, and the front desk staff friendly

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
charboneau, Manager at BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, responded to this review, September 29, 2010
I would like to thank the guest for taking the time to comment on their stay at our hotel.
We have recently completed a major refurbishment of the hotel including many features in the guest rooms. ( new beds, bedding, carpeting, draperies and 37 inch flst screen t.v,'s with HD television). We are currently evaluating new opportunities in both the pool and fitness area.
I sincerely apologize for the inappropriate early disturbance by our housekeeping division and we have discussed this with our asociates.
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for only 1 night (after having stayed at the Delta in Charlottetown for 3 nights) -- thank goodness!

Although the hotel staff were friendly (as were everyone I interacted on Prince Edward Island), the hotel didn't live up to the expectations set on Trip Advisor. I believe that this hotel was a 3 STAR on Expedia... it really should be only 2 STARs.

The bathroom wasn't very well cleaned... someone else's hair on the floor, and something thick and sticky on the ceiling (I don't want to know what it was!). The air vents were dirty / dusty and needed to be cleaned (see the uploaded picture).

The walls were paper thin and the Japanese tourists next door, obviously still not adjusted to the new time zone, could be heard until 2AM. The mattresses were old and lumpy.

If you plan on staying in Charlottetown, I found the Delta hotel to be nicer.

• Stayed August 2010
South Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

I was attending a conference in Charlottetown in August and my organisation couldn't afford for me to stay at the conference hotel, so I ended up staying alone at the Best Western. I was quite nervous after the reviews I'd read, but I was pleasantly surprised. I was in the main building and I'm pretty sure that my room was one of those that had been renovated. I'd phoned in advance to warn that I wouldn't be arriving until about 1am and although getting through to them on the phone was quite tricky, check in passed off without a hitch. I even received the package that had been left for me. My room was lovely. A lounge and a full kitchen, separate bedroom and bathroom. Everything was always clean and I was impressed by the amount of crockery etc that were to be found in the kitchen. The fridge/freezer and microwave were also very handy. There was a very large TV in the lounge and another in the bedroom, which were also handy. My only complaint on cleanliness service was that some days my bed was made and some days it wasn't and I have no idea why. But that's it, all else was great. The breakfast room is small and I mostly ate my breakfast in the adjoining bar. It may not be the fullest selection of breakfast products that I've seen but there were cereals, waffles, bread for toasting, boiled eggs, yoghurt and pieces of fresh fruit, and pastries. Plenty of hot coffee too and carry-out cups if needed. Its location is very central with about a five minute walk to George Street. There was also a swimming pool and fitness centre. I will say tha tthe equipment in the gym is dated, but it was there. The pool looked fine, but I didn't have time to use it. There is some sort of business centre at reception, which was just one standalone PC, but it was useful as I hadn't taken my laptop. There was also high speed internet provided in all rooms. Considering that I only paid £600 for six nights, I thought that the hotel provided great value for money. It was even cheaper than the good quality B&Bs in Charlottetown. I found the staff that I saw to be helpful and polite. I didn't ask for much, I must admit, but I checked in and out without a hitch and they booked me a taxi as requested. No-one was surly and all were pleasant. After being quite nervous of staying there, I had a very pleasant experience indeed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Charlottetown? Share your experiences!