“Hotel stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Charlottetown

You added BEST WESTERN Charlottetown to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Charlottetown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   238 Grafton Street, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 1L5, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Charlottetown
Bathurst, New Brunswick, Canada
“Hotel stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Breaksfast was completely awful plus i never got asked for air miles at the end of my stay. Was pretty easy to find how ever location isnt that great if you want to relax on the week end (its more downtown)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Walter v, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to comment.
Your observations on the hot breakfast offering is obviously very disappointing however we truly try to satisfy everyone's needs. The breakfast offers: 4 types of bread, freshly baked croissants and muffins, a variety of eggs and or sausage and bacon, two types of fresh fruit, yoghurt, two types of juice and coffees and assorted teas. I invite you to send me an e-mail to wvanbeek@silverbirchhotels.com to provide further suggestions on the breakfast. I welcome your feedback and will respond to your ideas.
As far as the AirMiles are concerned, we typically ask the guest on check in if they are members and we do expect that you are also a BW Reward member in order to collect your credits.
All guests receive an express check out folder under the guest room door in the morning which eliminates the need to visit the Front Desk. It is for this reason that we ask you on check in if you are a member of a reward program. I am sorry if this question may not have been asked on your check in.
I hope that my reply is acceptable to you and that you will afford us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel on future visits to PEI.
Walter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
St. John's
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great service and friendly staff made my 3 night stay a very pleasant experience. Super comfortable bed, large television and exceptional attention to detail in every way possible.
Natasha and the rest of the crew there really went out of their way to make me feel at home.
The hot breakfast bar was excellent and far above the average continental breakfast.
Pool and gym area were well-maintained and convenient. Overall, a great location for an extended stay in Charlottetown.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your very kind and complimentary comments. I look forward to sharing your observations with my entire hotel team. Our recent refurbishment of the hotel, especially the guest rooms obviously met with your approval. The newly introduced Free Hot Breakfast is meeting with overwhelming guest responses and I will ensure that Natasha's excellent customer service is acknowledged.
I hope that we will have the opportunity of hosting you again on your next trip to our island.
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

As most "free breakfast" hotels, we weren't expecting much, but this didn't disappoint with sausages, crepes, fruit, yogurt, and pastries to name a few. You can definitely tell the hotel has had a few updates and extensions, but overhall the King Suite was perfect for traveling with kids as it has sectioned doors to prevent noise. Great location downtown as well, everything is a short walk away!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Walter v, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post these complimentary comments about your stay.
I am glad to see that you enjoyed our newly enhanced hot breakfast including crepes in maple syrup etc.
We have recently completed a full refurbishment of the hotel and here again it is rewarding to see that our guests appreciate these updates.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future.
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a very enjoyable stay at this facility. It's located conveniently in downtown Charlottetown, walking distance from various attractions and good restaurants. The facility itself is well maintained and up to date.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the atrium across the road which is connected by an underground tunnel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
We receive many complimentary comments about our downtown location which places us within an easy walking distance of all major venues.
I look forward to sharing your comments with my hotel team.
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were fortunate to be given a spacious room in a building across the street from the main lobby. Access to this building can be had in an underground tunnel. We found our room to be really large with the most comfortable beds and pillows. I fell in love with their pillows. Honestly. We were on the first floor and found our room to be very quiet. The room and bathroom were very clean and modern. Our only complaint would be that the carpet in the hallway is in need of replacing as I nearly tripped on its frayed edges a couple of times. My hubby and I walked to many parts of Charlottetown as this hotel is located in a central part of town and close to many venues. It is a most convenient hotel to stay in. Breakfast was just okay - there are several healthy choice, so you won't go hungry - but management should do away with their scrambled eggs and saturated strips of pancakes in a cloying sweet syrup. And, please clean the toaster ovens. A few mirrors and/or paintings would serve the breakfast room well as it feels as if you are dining in a dungeon. All in all, I would stay there again and ask for the same room. From reading the reviews, it sounds like this hotel has not completed renovating all of their rooms. I suggest they step up to it as this hotel could be a real gem considering their location and lack of other affordable hotels nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room across the street from the lobby.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I have carefully read your comments and plan to address some of the shortcomings that you mentioned.
Additional new features will be introduced in our breakfast offering including a variety of omelettes and breakfast wraps. The crepes have been popular but we will monitor the amount of maple syrup that is placed on the crepes.
I plan to share all your suggestions and comments with my hotel team to ensure that we can learn from your feedback and enhance the overall guest experience.
Thank you sincerely for having taken the time to share your experiences with us and fellow travellers.
Solihull, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed here as part of a tour package. Whilst the lobby is very inviting and the receptionist was pleasant the experience went downhill from there. The room we were given was in the basement. The view from the window was of passing feet and a car park! Whilst the room had everything you would expect, the de-humidifier was a surprise until you realised just how cold and damp it felt. Because it was the wrong time of the year they didn't have the heating on! Reception was unable to provide another room but did supply a heater which dispelled some of the problem. Because there was a teachers conference and at least one coach party the breakfast room struggled to cope and we had a very disappointing stay. I would not be prepared to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I am obviously disappointed that you did not completely enjoy your stay at our hotel.
The lower level guest rooms are offered at a lower rate than other rooms at the property and it is unfortunate that we were not able to offer you alternate accommodation however this can happen from time to time when we enjoy a full capacity period.
I truly hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel on a future stay and please ask us for a different room type for this visit.
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel has friendly front desk staff - but the charm ends there. Filthy bathroom (shower vent is crazy dirty); tired set-up and not private. This hotel is so tired/outdated that it seems dirtier than it really is. I would not stay here again and would recommend that anyone visiting Charlottetown avoid this Best Western. I had to keep curtains closed otherwise guests walking in the hallway could see into my room - bizarre!! Colour scheme is depressing and dirty looking (yellow textured wallpaper was reminiscent of smoking - but I am pretty sure that this is a non-smoking room)..The noise level is a bit high, the view out of my bathroom is of a badly maintained roof (consistent with the feel of the buildings). Breakfast was so bad I went RUNNING for a Tim Horton's...vending machines broken. I was here for work during the early fall (off-season for this hotel) and will not even consider staying here. Cleaning staff are also rude and sub-standard. Hopefully this company takes notice, otherwise, I could see this hotel failing.

Room Tip: No room service.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I thank this guest for sharing some of the negative aspects of his/her stay.
We can learn from all feedback and although I can not change the layout of the hotel I will certainly address those shortcomings that fall under our control with my team and do all possible to address the deficiencies.
The wall vinyl was recently placed in the guest rooms and the sandy colour was selected to match the rest of the overall room decor. Full renovations of the property were completed in 2011.
I am disappointed that our full offering of a free hotbreakfast did not meet with your expectations however I will do all possible to monitor the quality and variety of this important feature.
Walter

Been to BEST WESTERN Charlottetown? Share your experiences!