“brits think it's fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Capital Drive, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1E 2E8, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Charlottetown
billericay
“brits think it's fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed there 6th & 7th May, site of hotel great for touring all of the island. All staff very helpful and efficient. Rooms excellent. Breakfast varied and very sufficient for ones needs. Had a problem with our vehicle and housekeeping sorted our dilemma within five minutes. Staff above and beyond what you would expect - be nice to them.

Room Tip: if you want the window open ask for rooms at the back, if you like watching the traffic get room 319
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thierry_Surette, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for recognizing the efforts of our team. It is great to hear that you found your room comfortable and relaxing. We hope you have an opportunity to visit us again in the future.

Thierry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This appeared to be one of the better hotels in the area. I was there on business and liked it very much. Wifi was strong, lots of outlets. housekeeping forgot coffee, but they brought some up instantly. The breakfast was better than average. Staff was very friendly. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thierry_Surette, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Charlottetown. I do appoligize for missing your coffee refresh and assure you that is not a regular occurance. I did discuss the matter with my executive housekeeper and have determined that during the change over to our new coffee machines we missed your room. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Charlottetown and we will ensure there is plenty of coffee in your room.

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We booked two nights in April to visit with family. The room was good. It was clean, with two queen beds that were a good fit for my family. Free hot breakfast was good enough for us; I'm up early, was able to go down and bring some coffee and snacks back to our room while we all woke up. I wished we had a fridge in our room, and that there was more than one ice machine, but we did fine with our cooler.

On the negative side, we did not know there were some hockey tournaments going on and many teams were booked here. Just as one review said, kids were out later and security wasn't doing anything. These teams seemingly own the place. By 9:30 my seven year old was crabby because he was unable to sleep, as the kids raced up and down the halls like a herd of elephants, calling out to each other on the way to the pool. The 'chaperones' were sometimes as bad as the kids, spending time conferring in the hallway with kids about what to put on their pizzas the next day. Walls and doors between rooms and halls are very thin, you can hear every word (particularly when the speakers are making no effort to be quiet). One kid in a swimsuit knocked on our door fairly late, apparently confused about where he was supposed to be.

I will say that once we went to the front desk to complain, they were very apologetic and the noise stopped for a bit. I called again later, and again something was done, the noisy people were quieted for the night (with one parent admonishing the kids saying, "You're not supposed to play hockey in the halls!"). I commented on it again the next morning, and the staff, while somewhat sympathetic, agreed that the sports teams are indeed noisy, but that these teams are how they make their money in the off season.

Maybe it's better in the summer, but I doubt we'll come back to find out.

Room Tip: If you're with a kid who wants to be in the pool, a room near the back is good. Park back there...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Please let me begin by appologizing for your uncomfortable stay. Myself and my team at the Holiday Inn make every effort to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable and relaxing stay in our hotel. I do understand your concerns and although we do make every effort to ensure that our guests are not disturbed by large groups in house sometimes the noise prevails. We do ask that all of our sport teams sign an agreement stating quiet time begins at 10pm and we do hire security to patrol our hallways to try and ensure that other guests are not disturbed. Once again I appologize for not meeting your expectations and do hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in Charlottetown.

Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

What a great hotel! There's a lot of hotels around, but this is truly a place where they know what "hospitality" is all about. Excellent location and amenities, but mostly, I'd like to talk about the service. If you have the pleasure of meeting the General Manager, you'll see why the staff are so happy and helpful. The staff are all perfectly at ease and able to give EXCELLENT service because they are treated kindly, trained well, and especially well-selected. I travel a lot, and whether I'm on business or traveling with the whole family, this is a great place to stay. Breakfast is extensive, and the kids love the pool and the Family Suites, but it's truly the SERVICE that makes us come back again and again.

Room Tip: The family suites are fantastic for kids and parents alike.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for providing great feedback regarding your stay. We truely value our employees and I am happy to hear you do as welll. They consistently do a great job taking care of our guests and they enjoy doing so. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

New Brunswick, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a business trip for 3 nights. I booked the King Jacuzzi suite for my stay. The rooms are beautifully renovated. My only feedback for improvement would be:
-Curtains to be placed over the blinds in the room so the light does not come in as much
-Plugs to be placed in easier to access areas
-Instructions should be provided for the jacuzzi tub
-Fabric Softener needs to be used on the towels as they are very rough
Apart from that the rates were extremely reasonable and the room very comfortable, would definitely recommend and stay again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thierry_Surette, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for providing us with this excellent feedback regarding your recent experience at the Holiday Inn. It is great to experience our property from a guest perspective and it is great to have feedback with which to try and improve our offerings. We look forward to hearing any other suggestions you might have and hope you visit again in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Mississauga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel really feels like Charlottetown. Inviting, friendly, homey. Its not particularly a new building, but the rooms are spacious (enough) and clean (enough). Its your standard Holiday Inn experience, really. Free parking is a bonus. I had a good night's sleep all 3 nights I was there, and it was quiet too. I like that my room had a fridge and microwave, which meant I didnt have to cram my lunches into a mini-bar fridge. The staff is very friendly. They have cookies at the front desk for a midnight snack, which is a nice touch.
The standard Holiday Inn breakfast is lack-lustre. Powdered eggs, sausages from a box, pancakes from a machine....but it did the trick.
It was just what I needed for my business in Charlottetown and I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and that the extra amenities we offer helped to make your stay more comfortable.

Kind Regards,
thierry
Charlottetown, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I recently relocated from another province and had to wait 10 days for our house to be ready. We stayed in the Presidential Suite, with our two cats, during that time. We found the suite to be clean and comfortable, and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The one small issue with the new digital cable was addressed quickly and pleasantly.
I would definitely recommend this property to my family and friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thierry_Surette, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Welcome to Charlottetown! We are pleased that we were able to help make your relocation that much easier.

Thierry

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Charlottetown? Share your experiences!