“The Best B&B we stayed at!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

The Dawson House
122 North River Road, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 3K8, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 41 Charlottetown B&B and Inns
Saskatoon, Canada
“The Best B&B we stayed at!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We were in Charlottetown for a couple of days and lucked out at finding this B&B. Stacy and Randy were charming and funny. They made us feel like it was our home too. They are always ready to recommend the sights and restaurants to you. I would recommend this B&B to everyone. I have never felt more at home while being away from home before. Breakfast was delicious. They made it fresh whenever you came down. We had a great time chatting and laughing at the table with all the other guests. THE BEST B&B!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Perrysburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Visit Charlottetown and stay in an affordable, convenient and friendly B and B. Randy and Stacy are true PEI ambassadors; take their recommendations. We stayed in the Victoria Suite with a Jacuzzi; the room and the entire place were fresh and clean. If you like a healthy start to the day ask Randy for his "Randy-Style" Oatmeal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Wainwright, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were extremely pleased with this beautiful heritage home and it's grounds. Our hosts Randy and Stacy were entertaining, accomodating, gracious hosts. We stayed in the Loft and friends stayed in the Victoria Room and we all enjoyed our quiet accomodations. Breakfast was delicious and it was great to meet other guests from the US and Australia. We highly recommend this wonderful B&B and we will be back!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Saint John
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I arrived after dark on a rainy Friday night and had some difficulty reading road signs due to poor visibility. As I drove slowly down North River Road, an impressive heritage home came into view, flood lit and beautifully decorated for fall. I'd arrived! My first impression was sustained as I was warmly greeted by the owner, Stacey, who despite a long and tiring week working at two jobs was gracious and friendly even though i was an hour later than I'd anticipated.

The home is a gem and the atmosphere is warm and cosy. There are beautiful hardwood floors, deep baseboards, chandeliers, large gracious rooms and lots and lots of character. I love relaxing in a bath at the end of a long day and was pleasantly surprised to find a jacuzzi tub en suite. The bed was comfy; the house quiet. Stacey was extremely helpful in providing suggestions and directions for a few different nearby restaurant options. The location is perfect! Walking distance to Victoria Park and downtown, and is easy to find (if you arrive in the daylight!)

Highly recommended. It's great to see a young couple investing in a business in the Maritimes! I'll be back and will recommend your lovely home to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Dawson House was one of those wonderful surprises that you are sometimes lucky enough to find on your holidays. The hosts, Randy and Stacey are just great and make you feel instantly welcome. Randy is a character and has some great stories which keep you laughing. Their knowledge of Charlottetown was very helpful and Stacey's suggestion to walk along the nearby boardwalk at sunset was such a great idea - it was beautiful. We stayed in the Victoria Room, which was a real treat, but all of the rooms looked equally well appointed. Delicious breakfast and good company - just a perfect place to stay in Charlottetown.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Great location, easy 15 minute walk to downtown area! Randy and Stacey are amazing people! Stayed 2 nights in the Victoria room ! Randy makes some stellar omelettes. Nice pool area to chill in after a long day of walking downtown. There's a fridge to store your nice cool beverages! If it's a hot day most likely randy will be out enjoying the sun :) if you speak another language randy can definitely handle it :) Dawson the black lab is friendly and knows her boundaries! Very well trained! Definetley recommend especially if you are a newly wed ( like us ) ! Great experience thanks again you two.

• Stayed July 2012
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed recently at The Dawson House in Charlottetown, PEI. I enjoyed my stay very much. The house itself is a beautiful representation of 19C Victorian Homes. The decor is appropriate to this period, although there is a modern pool and deck at the back. I stayed in the Premier Room overlooking the back. The room was large and peaceful with modern amenities such as a jacuzzi bath. The hosts, Stacey and Randy, are warm, helpful people. Their presence makes the house a welcoming place. For breakfast there was a large selection of foods, although I preferred the French Toast and especially the home-made muffins! Both hosts were willing to help with every aspect of my visit to Prince Edward Island. In particular they recommended the Culinary Institute where I went with my aunt. This was a remarkable eating experience. And on one occasion Randy texted a friend to get me the name of a brilliant PEI fiddler. I will book again with Stacey and Randy when I return to Prince Edward Island and I strongly recommend their B&B to anyone looking for a beautiful, comfortable and well positioned (close to downtown and Victoria Park/Harbour) place to stay. I have traveled extensively and The Dawson House is simply the best B&B I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad room in this B&B. All guests I spoke to seemed extremely ha...