“OMG Love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
New Brunswick
“OMG Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We really love fine food but don't spurge often. Glad we did at Lot 30. We ordered the 5 Course Sampler and did the wine pairing. We had a very enthusiastic waiter. The food was the best I can remember having in a really long time. This was an experience as much as a meal.

Visited June 2013

Barrie, Ontario
“First class food in modern surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We enjoyed a fabulous meal at Lot 30. The menu changes according to availability of fresh produce - we enjoyed fall-of-the-bone short ribs and some delicious lamb meatballs. Especially recommend the chocolate mousse dessert!

Visited June 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Great spot and close to our place downtown. The atmosphere was modern and open - not very busy but a Tuesday night. Again our server was new ...like most places this time of year. The food was amazing - she had the beat salad and halibut - yummy. I had the scallops and cod - very good. Dessert was molten lave chocolate - yummy!!! Wine was the newman white - great choice. Five star experience in Charlottetown.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlottetown, Canada
“Leaving it to the Chef....works for me!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Dinner with my sister and her husband.

Location - right downtown. Perfect location, close to all the shops and the Confederation Centre.

Atmosphere - From the outside it looks like a small shop. Fits right in with the heritage of the downtown area. Inside, open and modern. Some nice big booths, quite a bit of seating, along with a bar. Above the bar is a TV screen that lets you watch the food that is being plated in the kitchen....FANTASTIC idea...but I was not facing the bar. I think they should consider a few TVs in different locations so that all patrons can enjoy this special treat.

Service - I have heard mixed reviews on the service here. But our experience from beginning to end was excellent. Kevin was our server. His enthusiasm for the food was evident. And his knowledge of wine very good. He was attentive without being intrusive.

THE FOOD!! We ordered the Tasting Menu. It is pricey but SOOO worth it. Each dish is a surprise, determined by the Chef. We were asked a couple of questions - to determine preferences and allergies...and then it started. Even the bread that they brought at the beginning was delicious. It was a molasses bread with parsley. But if you are going with the tasting menu DON'T DO IT!!. I had just a couple and by the end of the meal thought I was going to explode. The portions for each dish are substantial enough that you don't need an Appy... 5 courses. The first two were light - fish plates. I can't remember what the first one was...but it was exquisite. Then Salmon, then a Maple Pork Belly - Yummy!!! Finally Lamb and Calf Liver. All of it excellently prepared, deliciously seasoned.

My only slight disappointment was the Wine Pairing. I LOVE wine. And although the selections were OK - a couple of Kim Crawford's a Californian Zinfandel and a Merlot - meh! Considering the cost of the pairing I did expect the pairing not to come from their BY THE GLASS choices of wine.

Be prepared to spend some money. The Tasting Menu is $65 and then $30 for the wine pairing. Might want to save this option for a special occasion. But looking at the other options on the menu, they prices are on par with the quality of the food and service. Probably one of the most expensive restaurants in Charlottetown...but IMHO well worth it.

I am definitely going back...and will be looking for Kevin so we can talk wine :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wedmore
“So good we eat there 3 times - superb sauces”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

It has probably all been said - this true fine dining - you can even watch your meals being plated on a monitor. Food beautifully cooked but the piece de resistance was always the sauce and imaginative combination in the dishes.

All the staff are extremely well trained, to single anyone out is really wrong but seeing waiter Kevin working the tables and ensuring the guests enjoyed the experience was almost entertainment in itself. We were also introduced to Chef Robert and his colleagues -all very friendly and professional. I wish I could transport this restaurant and staff back to the UK!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere