“Best lobster had in PEI!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 203 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
“Best lobster had in PEI!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We went to this lovely restaurant twice while our stay in Charlottetown on Aug 28 and 29. Tried their lobster dinner- very delicious lobster cooked just to the right time and very very fresh. The mussels were very fresh and I loved how it emphasized the fresh "mussel" flavor without over seasoning. I think this the best lobster I've had on PEI, after trying lobsters from many places. At the second time we visited, we tried the fried clam- well I personally don't like the fried seafood and I think the batter was just alright, nothing surprising. But the clams were tasty and tartar sauce is good. It's small so make sure you have the reservation beforehand. If you plan to visit this place, their lobster is a must try!!!!

Visited August 2013

Springfield VA
“Fun place and great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We arrived very hungry and without a reservation on a Sunday evening. The hostess asked if we had a reservation, but said they could accommodate us if we didn't. We had a 15 minute wait for a table, but we were able to put in an order for mussels and oysters, as well as wine and beer, while we waited at a tiny bar area. The restaurant is very small, and we would make a reservation in the future. The mussels were excellent, and there were plenty of them. My husband has eaten many different oysters, and he said these were close to the best he'd ever had. I decided it was time I tried them, and they were delicious; so much so, that we ordered a second half-dozen. (The waitress told us that the oyster supplier had received the Grower of the Year award at the recent Shellfish Festival). We shared the pan-fried halibut, which was perfectly cooked and served with mixed string beans, French fries, and cole slaw. The waitress brought an extra plate and an extra portion of tartar sauce, lemon, and cole slaw. We topped it off with a piece of coconut. The food was served within a reasonable amount of time. While not inexpensive, portions are good and prices are reasonable.
The restaurant would be easy to miss. It is very small, and it looks more like a corner market. It worth looking for!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Moncton, Canada
“Lobster was excellent but fish and chips not good!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I had a dinner lobster with friends a month ago and it was very good but a bit pricey. We had mussels as appetizer (a big bowl) and 1 1/4 pounds of lobster, it was $35.00. When at supermarket, a pound of lobster was $7.00!

I went back Yesterday to the restaurant and this time, I ordered the fish and chips and I was not happy at all about it! First of all the fries!!! It is not a difficult to do french fries right?
And the fish and chips batter was totally disappointing, not crispy at all!

My friend took the lobster roll and was telling me that the bread was not great... It could have been a bread bought at Walmart... That is what he told me.

Otherwise the service was great as usual but I doubt that I will go back to eat there because of my last experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, Canada
“Friendly People, Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We ended up here for lunch, off a cruise ship in the pouring rain. We were welcomed by the staff and they made sure we were well taken care of. The 2 waitresses were kidding around with us, putting funny hats on us for photos, the whole restaurant was laughing with us. I ordered the lobster dinner, which at $30 seemed a bit expensive, but was actually a good deal. I had a choice of clam chowder or blue mussels. I chose the mussels and expected a small bowl, it was a huge metal mixing bowl full, a meal in itself. The lobster was good, if not a bit small and the potato salad on the side was very nice. My wife and friends had the fish and chips and they all said it was the best of our trip. Look for the boots sticking up from the box out front.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lititz
“Great food, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Had our best lobster on trip through the Canadian Maritimes here. Very small restaurant so reservations are a must. Excellent food and service. Would definitely go back if in Charlottetown.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere