“The Cleanest place I have ever stayed.” 5 of 5 stars

3 Grafton Street, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 1K3, Canada   |
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Charlottetown
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Calgary, Canada
“The Cleanest place I have ever stayed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have to say that I am a bit of a hotel snob, and was a little leary of staying at a bed and breakfast, but the Sonata Inn is by far the best place I have ever stayed. It was easy to find once in Charlottetown. The staff was very friendly and went above and beyond when accomadating the needs of myself, my sister and my 9month old niece. We stayed there for 3 nights and the room was exceptional. The beds were very comfortable, and the breakfasts were great. I would recomend this property to anyone and when I go back to PEI I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Havertown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We picked this B&B not only for its location, but for its modern accommodations and amenities. Not being familiar with PEI (we are from the States) we trusted TripAdvisor and my fellow contributors came through once again.
• This B&B was walking distance to downtown, restaurants, and attractions.
• Our room was quiet and we prefer the modern furnishings to the more Victorian-styled B&B's where you can't find your bed for all the decorative pillows piled on it.
• We had a refrigerator and free Wi-Fi throughout the facility (important when you are paying out-of-the country data fees). There was also a PC for use in one of the common areas.
• The one thing lacking was a porch with chairs to spend a quiet hour in the afternoon.
• One of the best amenities however was the take-away breakfast. We had to leave fairly early our last morning to make a ferry connection. The Inn's website said to just let them know and they would pack a take-away breakfast. Well - - they did. In the morning coffee and tea in disposable cups were available as well as a gift bag for each room with our breakfast which included juice boxes, individual cans of fruit cup, muffins, and best of all hardboiled eggs! This made a much superior meal to what we could have bought at the ferry snack bar.
Thanks Sonata Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Very good location, quiet and easy access to town. The room are very clean and well maintained. We stayed there for six days and enjoyed every breakfast we had. The staff are very friendly and the manager, Mike, is very helpful. In the morning we left, he prepared breakfast bags for all of us on the way. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The Sonata Inn turned out to be a fantastic choice for me and my husband (we found it randomly online). It's very clean, with modern bedrooms and bathrooms but, still retains it's historic charm. Wi-fi, a lovely breakast,reading/sun room with DVDs, books, magazines - all included. The location turned out to be perfect, minutes walk away from all the restaurants, shops, the water, Victoria Park etc. (I would recommend The Pilot House as a resto). If I retun to PEI - I'll be sure to stay there again! We only stayed one night, and wished we could have stayed another!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Great room, comfortable bed. Excellent location in Charlottetown: the street is quiet yet a short walk to Queen with lots of good bars and eateries, as well as to Victoria park and the boardwalk. Breakfast was well prepared. Good assortment of teas. Overall, very clean and neat.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This is listed as a B&B but this is more like a small hotel because it offers so many facilities. It is in a perfectly lovely old house, but converted into multiple accommodation with an added extension on the back. I reserved this from the Information Centre at Wood Islands so I was pleasantly surprised when I actually arrived as it was better than the photos. On top of this its location is perfect, it is so easy to walk around the town centre and is close to the park as well. Although it is more than a one room B&B the staff were very friendly and helpful keeping some sense of the personal touch. My room was not in the original house and it was huge, with one bed and a futon, for only me! And the best bit was that it was only $99 (plus that inevitable tax) which was one of the cheapest I paid at the height of the summer season. This was so lovely I stayed an extra night, I loved this place and would recommend it, something I don't often do. If this is full they have another B&B two doors down, obviously I have not stayed there but if it was anything like Sonata it will be equally lovely. It was so clean, tidy and with a lovely style.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Beaufort, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We spent one night here and wished we had planned more nights. The room was large, the beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was probably the cleanest bathroom I've ever seen. It was nice that our grandson could run around in the yard and we could keep an eye on him. The location is great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Sonata Inn? Share your experiences!