“A night out with my folks :)” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Queen Street
Description: THE ISLANDS ONLY YEAR-ROUND OYSTER BAR WITH FRESH LOBSTER TANK.Featuring more than just the best available oysters from PEI, the Claddagh Oyster House is a warm, contemporary dining room located within an historic building in downtown Charlottetown.A Constantly changing menu that features the freshest seafood, premium Island beef, chicken, pasta and more - combined with our extensive wine selections are sure to please.THE CLADDAGH OYSTER HOUSE - MORE THAN JUST GREAT OYSTERS!!
Billerica, Massachusetts
“A night out with my folks :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

So, as the story goes, I drove up to PEI with my folks. We were stying in Murray Harbour and my dad wanted to visit some cousins. Now prior to coming up here my daughters soon to be mother in law was very excited we were going to PEI. she mentioned she has relatives on the island and I should stop in to say hello. haha, little did I know how much of a big deal Mr. Liam Dolan is.
So, I introduced myself to the waitress and inquired if Liam or his wife were in, she explained that Liam would be there soon. Mind you, we were at the door when it opened for dinner. ;0) haha.
My mom ordered the Steak, and dad and I ordered the Haddock. My mother, took her butter knife and with the greatest of ease cut her steak. it was like watching her cut butter. and it looked and tasted great. the fish was great, as well as the red potatoes.
during dinner Liam's son came over and introduced himself, and then Liam came over, we chatted for a time and then dessert. i had the bread pudding. Oh, my it was so good, just the right amount of syrup. not too much. and mom and dad had the warm brownie with icecream.
we sat in the back by the water mirror. this is a small resturant, the atmosphere is so nice, just the right amount of lighting so you can see. the staff is very nice and courteous.
thank you all wonderful dinner.
betty

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Warrenton, Virginia
“Oysters!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Sat at the bar with my date and enjoyed the raw oysters. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable of the menu.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
“ok meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

It was a ok meal...I had the salmon. was good but not like I have to come back for it.
I highly recommend the bread pudding--that was something that said yes- I want that again.
Entertainment upstairs- live band was good

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“A very good dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Enjoyed our dinner very much. Oysters were AWESOME! Mussels not as good - not as plump and juicy as expected.

Visited September 2012
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Worth a visit...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Our first time eating RAW oysters! Decades ago I ate lots of cooked oysters on the west coat (we used to harvest them off Denman Island) and was surprised at how much smaller the east coast oysters are. (about half the size of what I was used to...)

We ordered the 7-variety sampler, then had another plate of 15 of our two favorites. They were very fresh, and nicely presented with lemon wedges and 3 sauces. We ordered a toffee pudding and two spoons, but then had to order a second one, as it was that good...

All in all: great food, great ambiance, and very friendly staff made this an excellent dining experience. Not cheap ($117 for two, not counting any beverages) - but definitely worth it.

• Visited September 2012