“Fabulous Chinese Food!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Orient Chinese Cuisine

The Orient Chinese Cuisine
5150 Tecumseh Rd East, Windsor, Ontario N8T 1C4, Canada (East Windsor)
Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 638 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Chinese, Szechuan
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: East Windsor
suepaul93
“Fabulous Chinese Food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We always enjoy the chinese food here. The chef is great and comes to greet you. We appreciate good chines food and this never disappoints. Thanks King

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Canada
“Tasty in Windsor's East end”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

The restaurant was formerly Mexican - a Taco Bell, then Three Amigos, and remained closed for several years, The majority of Windsor's great Chinese restaurants are located in the west side and with very few notables in the east. The Orient opened 5 years ago the same time I moved into the neighbourhood and I knew I had the support the business.

The dining area is modestly appointed and small, no more than 3-4 large round tables with a few smaller tables around, they even managed a table in a cozy alcove;
I couldn't help to notice the IKEA dinnerware and cutlery; I'm used to the typical single teacups, they have cups you'll expect tomato juice in and not jasmine tea. The single mens washroom is clean, I can only assume the women's the same. Parking is plentiful

Now for the main course. The Orient's menu is typical of any Chinese restaurant but here's an example of our typical family order - corn/chicken soup, spicy green beans, shrimp with lobster sauce, canton noodles, spicy calamari, crispy orange beef (a must).
All the food is tasty and not overly heavy with oil. Prices are reasonable. Every time I pickup my orders the staff is quick and friendly. I have ordered in advance for a few large parties I've hosted at home and they've accommodated us all the time.

I'm glad to see the restaurant thrive and continue to support it (at least once a month); I'm fortunate to have a reliable restaurant down the street. If you're looking for great Chinese food in Windsor's east end check out The Orient - be sure you order the crispy orange beef.

Visited May 2012
Windsor, Ontario
“Best Chinese restaruant in Windsor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

I'm a repeat customer at The Orient and every time I have dined here, the service and quality of the food have been excellent. The food is always freshly prepared. The restaurant is very clean. I

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Windsor, Canada
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

We've been here a few times and always had an excellent meal. Highly recommended for both dine-in and take out. The only draw back that I can come up with is having to walk through the restaurant area to get take-out. We're often under-dressed and tired when we order to go- but it's a minor criticism compared to the overall experience and many other restaurants are set up like this as well. Overall a great restaurant!

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Windsor, Canada
“Best Chinese Food In Windsor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

My wife and I have been here numerous and we love it! We've taken friends and family there and suggested it to other folks and the feedback has always been positive. Everything is fresh and served piping hot. The menu give you a spicy guide for the various items so if you like things hot you can get them here. We always see a lot of Asian people eating here and that tells us that the cuisine is authentic and good.
Our favourite - Shanghai Noodles