“If you like real Chinese food don't go here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of shin shin's

shin shin's
978 University Avenue West, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (University)
Improve this listing
Ranked #169 of 637 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: University
Windsor, Ontario
“If you like real Chinese food don't go here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I should have been leery when I noticed that the restaurant was full of only white people... not a single Asian group. We ordered 3 hot and spicy dishes, one beef, one chicken and one of beans. The food was bland and tasteless, I could not tell the difference between the chicken and the beef - it seemed like the same sauce although they were supposed to be different. We took away the left overs and left them in the cold car for a few hours while we took in a show. The smell is the car was so awful when we came back that we threw the left overs out. If you like a glass of wine it's either red or white... not much choice. Same goes for beer. However, they do ask if you want MSG or not but I'm not sure they take your answer into account.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Paris, France
“A standard in the city of Roses”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Not having the chance to eat here for over 10 years as I live overseas I revisited Shinshin recently and the place has not changed one iota. Still great food, honest portions, great prices and the same layout! This place is so consistent in terms of the value and service that it provides to the community that it should be presented with some type of award from the city. A steady and devoted clientel is proof that this place is an institution in the city of Roses.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Windsor, Canada
“Definitely the best chinese food in Windsor/Essex County!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I would highly recommend this restaurant if you like excellent food, and the friendly and welcoming staff inquires if you like MSG. Our whole family loves to come to this restaurant for many years to celebtate our birthday's, and any other time we feel like eating Chinese food. My husband loves the sweet and sour soup, and everything else he has tried. I have always enjoyed every yummy morsel I have ever eaten!!!!! I don't ever remember anyone saying that they didn't like something there.
Joyce T

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good Chinese breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We have very traditional Chinese breakfast there.
The north one.
I like sweet soy milk and tofu.
However, don't like them asking for tips. I always give 10% if I have good service.

Windsor, Canada
“Best Chinese out there!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My family keeps coming back to Shin Shin, time after time, because they never let us down. Our favourites are the won ton soup (which is just so fresh and flavourful), the chicken fried rice, cripsy beef, the deep fried mixed seafood, shin shin special noodles, and the spicy garlic green beans, among others. The staff are always so polite and attentive. If you have not tried it, it is a must!

• Visited July 2012