“Great place great food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Casalinga Ristorante

La Casalinga Ristorante
653 Erie St. E. (@ Louis Avenue), Windsor, Ontario, Canada (Walkerville)
519-258-9979
Neighborhood: Walkerville
Neighborhood: Walkerville
“Great place great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Very quiet atmosphere, nice and relaxing, the staff were support friendly and the food was authentic and fantastic would definitely recommend for a group of friends or a date night out.was all pretty reasonably priced as well. Thumbs up !! It's a hidden gem.

“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Thought it would be a lot better than it was. Don't get me wrong it wasn't horrible, and the girls did try (servers), but the food was just "meh". The exception is the bread (fresh baked every day, homemade), that I did LOVE. For the prices, I expected more...More flavour, more pizzazz, just MORE. Not going back, sorry.

Visited July 2013
“Great evening out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Our group of 8 was handled deftly by our very capable server. We had amazing bruscetta. Probably the best I've had and my wife even agreed with me! We all ordered various different types of entrees. My rice dish was excellent - just like the risotto in Florence! Everyone said their dinner was delicious. I found it reasonable and the ambiance was quiet, some chatter from other diners but it felt intimate and quaint. I will be back!

• Visited October 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“A Real Treasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at this wonderful restaurant this month and were very pleased with both the food and the service. The owner seated us and helped me find a delightful wine (prosecco, my favorite and that of the owner's wife, he told me). We especially enjoyed the warm foccacio. The pasta entrees we ordered arrived promptly after we finished our appetizer and were both perfect. My only criticism is that the temperature in the restaurant was a little on the cool side, probably because of the bank of windows on two sides of the dining room. Otherwise, a nice evening in a lovely atmosphere.

• Visited February 2013
london
“Excellent Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were a group of six out for dinner and selected La Casalinga. This was our first time at the restaurant. The dining area is a large square room nicely decorated. The menu is simple and has a wide variety. We started with fried calamari and brushetta, both were very good. The calamari was lightly battered and crispy. It was presented with a choice of two sauces, one a tomato based and the other a mayo based. We then had the choice of soup or salad. I had the house salad with the house vinaigrette; the lettuce was fresh and crisp and there were a small amount of fried onion crisps on top which were quite tasty. I tried the soup, it was good but I was happier with my salad. Then a wonderful loaf of bread arrived that was crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. For the main I had veal limone, a very delicious tender cut of veal in a lemon, wine sauce with capers. I really enjoyed this. It was served with green beans which were sauteed and yummy. Others at the table had chicken parmesan, gnocchi in a cream sauce, veal with a mushroom sauce and pasta with seafood. Everyone cleaned their plate (except the older women with us who simply couldn't eat all the food). The gnocchi was super tender and decedent. I would have also liked it in a tomato sauce. We then had the three desserts offered, all were excellent. This was a very good choice in a sea of good choices on Erie street. I would definitely go back. And one final note, the service was excellent.

• Visited November 2012