“Best Meal in Town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nico Ristorante

Nico Ristorante
851 Erie Street East, Windsor, Ontario N9A 3Y7, Canada (Walkerville)
519-255-7548
Neighborhood: Walkerville
Windsor, Canada
“Best Meal in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Amazing atmosphere ! Service is top of the line just ask for Giovanni !! The chefs are world class and i promise your meal will be made and served to perfection!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Great family run local Italian restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

High quality, delicious Italian fare near the main hotels. Friendly, welcoming atmosphere with great selections of pasta, meat and seafood dishes.

Visited September 2013
“Consistent Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

This is my third trip in as many months to Nicos.the food and service continue to be Absolutely Amazing.My wife and I intend to try everything on the menu--it's Really that Good.

One word of caution, the dinning room is usually a buzz of very friendly chatter comparing the many appetizers,and entrees.

Great food,great service,and a friendly group of appreciative patrons.

If that isn't Nice? What is?

Visited August 2013
Shelby Township, Michigan
“Amazing Food and Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The atmosphere was fabulous; small, quaint and well appointed. The service was great. And, the food was out of this world! I had a We started with grilled calamari that was perfectly cooked and delicious. I had a Veal dish and my husband had a seafood pasta as our main course and it was one of the best meals I've ever had. Then topped it off with Tiramisu that was out of this world. Definitely recommend this place.

Visited July 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Italian home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I live 850 km away from Windsor, but I never miss a chance to eat at Nico's when I'm in town (which is more often than you'd expect). In fact, I make a point of putting Windsor on my itinerary so that I can enjoy what is quite literally my favourite Italian restaurant anywhere. The experience starts when I call to book a table and they sound like they're genuinely looking forward to seeing me. And the table is always, "the best table in the house," which actually describes all the tables. The restaurant is smallish and cozy without being stuffy, and there's a terrific buzz of diners enjoying every bite.
I've never had a dish that wasn't wonderful, so it's hard to work out where to focus with the menu. My must-have item is definitely the grilled calamari, which melt in your mouth. The prawns in the Caesar salad are a yummy touch, and for sharing, the antipasto platter is a winner. Moving on to the pasta course is dangerous, since the portions are substantial on top of being uber-delicious. My husband's favourite is the bucatini a l-amatrciana, but I can't decide between the ciopinno and the gnocchi (they'll do a bit of each gnocchi sauce if you'd like). Unfortunately, you really you should leave room for one of the secundi (mains -- like the lamb duo), or at least the tiramisu. Fortunately, they'll pack up leftovers, so you could take home enough for lunch the next day.
The combination of atmosphere, amazing staff & Nico's genius in the kitchen, makes me want to eat there over and over again. In fact, I think it's time for another trip.

• Visited June 2013