“AMAZING !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Per Bacco Ristorante & Lounge

Per Bacco Ristorante & Lounge
1199 Ottawa St. East, Windsor, Ontario N8X 2E4, Canada (Walkerville)
(519) 255-1199
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Walkerville
“AMAZING !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

I have never been to an Italian restaurant so delicious before ! I felt like I was at my nonnas that's how great the food is at Per Bacco ! I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant to everyone ! :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

kingsville
“first visit, but not our last”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

First impressions are a key thing, and upon entering this establishment my wife and I were welcomed with open arms! It was a Friday night and with no reservations we just had to wait a few moments before being escorted to a table of our choice. While waiting the bartender mixed a round of fabulous martinis as we sat and had a casual conversation. Out of surprise he told us that our first round of drinks was taken care of by the owner, what a great way to start the evening. Once seated I was impressed with the list of vintage wine that they had to offer since I consider myself a sommelier when it comes to vino. We order a lovely bottle of the Caymus Zinfandel from Napa Valley and WOW was that ever a great recommendation from our server. With a wide variety of food to select from we decided to let our server pick our whole meal. Instead of picking the most expensive dishes on the menu, he picked out there most famous dishes. We started off with their calamari fritti and there arancini, both order spinach salads and for our main course my wife order the fettuccini di mare and I order the filet mignon and made it a little surf and turf with 2 jumbo shrimp. We were impressed with our server once again because he did an amazing job pairing up our meals and the knowledge he knew was incredible. The taste and presentation of the food was definitely fine dinning quality and our night was still not over. The server brought over homemade tiramisu which went perfect with my wife’s after dinner espresso martini and I decided to stick to the traditional lemon cannoli with a glass of Grand Marnier. All in all tonight was a perfect dinning experience for both my wife and I, and were looking forward to our next visit.

• Visited February 2012
“JUST NOT THE SAME”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Well I must say that the new Per Bacco is definately not the same. They have taken away the intimate setting, added booths, a pizza oven and a huge bar. We might as well have gone to a loud bar with chicken wings for a nice get together dinner with friends. When I mentioned that my steak was over cooked the server said sorry to hear that and didnt even offer to fix the problem. The wifes chicken was served raw in the middle and she was grossed out. I was embarassed as I told our out of town friends how great it was there, and we were suprised with the new renovations of the place. The manager was just standing at the bar talking to his friends in a loud manner, using less than appropriate language for any fine dining establishment. Needless to say we didnt order desert or another bottle of wine. We were shocked to see full price on the bill for food we sent back because it was sub-par. When I asked to see the chef I was told he was no longer with the company and that he had moved on. I guess it means that we move on also to another establishment worth my hard earned money. It really is too bad becasue they did have a good thing going

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Windsor, ON
“Not too bad, but better Italian ones on Eire St., Windsor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

Went for a birthday with the family. Waiter and bus people were a little "too" attentive. Food was OK, could have done a better job with the veggies especially for the price. Manager was walking around, but was not very friendly, did not even smile. Then he decided to socialize with some people at the table behind us, was sort of loud and annoying. Nicely decorated but doesn't make up for the mediore food. Much better places on Erie St. if you're looking for Italian food.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Windsor, Canada
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I took my girlfriend here and was absolutely amazed by the food. I would highly recommend eating here. Everything was great.

• Visited July 2011