“Very disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Beer Market - CLOSED

Beer Market
119 Chatham St W, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (Formerly Cadillac Jack's) (City Centre)
(519) 253-3511
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Canadian
Neighborhood: City Centre
Neighborhood: City Centre
Whitby, Canada
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Dinner - party of 8 on a Monday night.

Service was sporadic. Long wait for food. Appetizers 'okay' for the most part except for the spinach salad that had almost no spinach. Entres were all overcooked - no subtlty at all.

Adequate wine list, and lots of beers, but no 'hoppy' ones.

Great premises, but the management must be awful - if you can't hire / train a competent service staff and get this kitchen turning out some decent food, then there's something wrong !

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Windsor, Canada
“Won't Go Back!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I went to The Beer Market on January 12, 2013 and I was really embrassed because I invited a good friend to dine with me. The table I sat at had a chair that was wobbling. The server kept coming to the table even though we told him that we will wave him down. The mussels were suppose to be in a cream mushroom and spinach sauce, but there was none to be seen and the cream sauce was like water. The salads we ordered we so much smaller than what I remembered years back. They ran out of the house dressing so my friend had to order another that was so strong she had to add water. The dinner was small portions and the loaded bake potatoe was from the microwave just cut in half with no butter, bacon and melted cheese. There was no chives, sour cream and the potatoe sure wasn't fluffy it was hard to cut. My friends pasta dish had no taste and she kept on putting pepper and salt on it and the waiter even omitted that he had some because the cook made two by mistake and he felt it wasn't good either. We spent over $120 to eat there and we walked out very upset and hungry. My friend even asked the waiter if the day cook went home because the food was so bad.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Windsor Ontario
“Great food and good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Ive been here a number of times for lunch and dinner. The food is always great. The steak is well prepared every time. The appatizers on the bar side are always good too. They have a decent number of beers, could have more in my option with a name like the beer market. The complaints about service are sometimes true, not that the servers are rude, but ive had to wait longer than usual on a couple of occasions. I still recommend the place, good for and atmosphere.. Nice patio too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Caledon, Canada
“dubious service...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

After a long day we were looking forward to having a decent steak dinner. The ambience from the sidewalk is great - looks very inviting on a corner in downtown Windsor. We entered and were pleased to see a modern restuarant that looked very upscale.
Once seated...the problems started. No water or cutlery were offered and a simple beer (at a beer market no less) took ten minutes to get to the table. After waiting a furthere 10 minutes for a simple salad appetizer the waiter returned to tell us that there were no more ribs...this is 25 minutes after we got into the restaurant and a full 20 minutes after we ordered. That means that the waiter had no idea what the kitchen had available, or, that it took the kitchen 15 minutes to look at our order for the first time. It really left us with zero options. We went across the street to a nice little italian restaurant and had a great dinner.

This place needs to get its act together in a struggling Windsor economy...many other places to eat within a 2 minute walk...

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Windsor, Canada
“nowhere near 'fine dining'”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We were there on a Friday in May just after 6 in the evening. I knew I was in trouble after I asked for the wine list instead of having it presented to me. Then I asked what the 'today's special martini' was, and was told "the bartender isn't here yet!". Ordered a bottle of wine, then ordered dinner. Waitress brought a bowl of buns, which were hard and stale, with butter just out of the freezer.
My friend ordered Chicken Marsala, which she said was OK, but certainly nothing special, for $22.
I ordered the Steak Delmonico after asking the waitress which steak was the best, and the biggest, and she assured me the Delmonico was the best, for $32. As an aside, I asked the 'market price' for lamb and was told $44; I assume this was for a 1/2 rack, since they offered both 1/2 and whole racks.
The steak came; it was cooked properly, but was an inferor and thin slice of steak, placed atop a huge mound of mashed potatoes.
So.......................the service was just OK, the food was inferior, and dinner for two with no appetizer, no desert, and 1 bottle of wine was just under $100, just over with tip. We will not be back.

• Visited May 2012