“Best sushi I have ever had ” 5 of 5 stars

519-915-0139
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 643 Restaurants in Windsor
Windsor
“Best sushi I have ever had ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I came to sushi guru this evening to catch up with a friend. We started with a guru Shochu Cosmo, and it was amazing.
Wow- this place is super awesome.

For apps we had the bao buns and seaweed salad. Both were heavenly. The pork belly in the bao bun was seasoned and cooked to perfection.

For entrees we ordered the guru platter and shared. The sushi was super fresh and delicious. We also split a bottle of sterling cab sauv which is sold for only 32 bucks a bottle- crazy cheap for sterling.

This is my new favourite restaurant in windsor, hands down.

“Best sushi in Windsor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

It was my first visit at sushi guru tonight and I'm so glad I finally came! The atmosphere is perfect - very warm and welcoming. The staff is super helpful and made terrific recommendations for both food and beverages. I ordered the mango love roll and it is now my favourite sushi roll ever. The portions are generous. I will definitely order the guru shochu Cosmo the next time I come back. Sushi guru is definitely a place to eat!

Windsor, Canada
“Fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

At sushi guru right now, amazing first experience. The judo chop role is delicious, "ya baby...ya!"

The staff is attentive an welcoming, especially Lao!

Will be coming back soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Food and service fantastic. Makes for a great Friday night.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Amazing. Atmosphere is fantastic, service at its best, owners so accommodating, and the food..extremely tasty! Try the judo roll but don't forget to have one of their famous Saki bombs!

Windsor, Canada
“New Restaurant in Walkerville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

A new sushi restaurant recently opened in the heart of Walkerville.
Although we are not fans of the raw fish world of sushi our son has introduced us to the Bento Box experience in Toronto's Chinatown. So we thought we would check out Sushi Guru.
Once an ice cream parlour this restaurant has been beautifully transformed into a chic upscale spot for lunch and dinner along with a classy bar.
We enjoyed dumplings, california rolls, uni rolls and very unusually but tasty sesame ice cream.
Food was great, service friendly and quick and speaking with one of the owners was very interesting. Nice to see the owner putting in as he called it 'sweat equity' and enjoying chatting with the customers.
We even took a picture of our entrees and sent it to our son!
We will for sure be back and will pass on our positive impressions.
Sushi Guru welcome to Walkerville!

• Visited May 2014