“It has Country Charm with an Inviting & Relaxed Atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Windsor Inn on the River Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windsor
Windsor Inn on the River Bed and Breakfast
You added Windsor Inn on the River Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
3857 Riverside Drive East, Windsor, Ontario N8Y 1B1, Canada (East Windsor)   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Windsor B&B and Inns
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“It has Country Charm with an Inviting & Relaxed Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is my second time staying at Windsor Inn on the River Bed and Breakfast - only this time my Husband and I had the luxury of staying in the honeymoon Suite which was very spacious and comfortable with its King Sized bed, Desk and Comfy Sofa and chairs, TV, Fireplace and Ensuite bathroom! Our teenaged kids all stayed in an adjacent room and enjoyed their room and amenities as well!

We loved dining in the room immediately off from the Kitchen featuring its expansive dining room table that more than comfortably seated the 6 of us plus still had plenty of room for additional guests! The breakfasts were served promptly and hot, with ample variety and generous portions while prepared to accommodate our special dietary requests. Most of all the food was home-made and delicious!!

They are very pet-friendly and they boast a huge property both in front and in back where we could walk our dog! At night, we enjoyed the warm gentle breezes while sitting in the screened front porch.

The owner, Maria and her accomplished Assistant, Sandra, were very warm and friendly; they made us feel most welcomed and right at home.

I highly recommend this Bed & Breakfast to anyone looking for a lovely retreat in the heart of Sarnia overlooking the river and Detroit. It offers great value and well worth the stay! I'd come back again in a heartbeat!

Respectfully yours,
Carol M.

Room Tip: Choose the Honeymoon Suite for Complete Privacy and all amenities!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Oberlin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This B&B has a bucolic picture on its home page. Actually it is surrounded by tall apt buildings on three sides. However once you are inside, you can completely forget that. From the room I was in the windows looked out on a sizeable back yard that looked to be 30 feet wide and 120 feet deep (but I'm not good at estimating). Here we could walk the dogs at night as well. Sitting in the parlor or on the veranda, like in our bedroom, you do not see the bldgs. but you look out on an even bigger and lushly grassy front yard, which your eye follows to the river and then the US on the far side. I loved spending part of the last hours of daylight reading in the parlor and looking at the view. The owner was not there but had hired s.o. to manage it, who prepared an excellent breakfast each day, and was nice enough, but she was often absent as she had another job as well. The town has some very good restaurants. We drove to the Point Pelee Natl Park one day where we followed the wooded trails and sandy paths to the southernmost point of mainland Canada, a spit of land (or rather sand), ending in a point, surrounded by the waters of Lake Erie, which were surprisingly different in color, surface and temperature on either side of the spit. The water, breeze and view was lovely and worth the trip, but be ready to walk through a stretch of sand with the stench of long-dead fish lying upon it before you get to the end. Altogether the B&B was certainly adequate to our needs, and very comfortable, with hot drinks and cake slices accessible at all hours, very quiet, but not the place for a honeymoon.

Room Tip: The downstairs room is very large, has a separate entrance and accepts pets. A/C. I did not look a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
North York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed for two nights with my wife and 4 teenage children plus small family dog. We were warmly welcomed and treated like family from the arrival until we left. Comfortable, clean rooms with ensuite bathrooms, in a charming older home right next to the river with a great view of Detroit. Although on a main road it is set back far enough, to be peaceful and quiet. (Until we arrived).The breakfasts were excellent with fresh baked goods, eggs, fruit and enough choices to please everyone, even picky teenagers. Excellent value and we will go back for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

When i arrived for my 3 night stay my little getaway with my boyfriend. The house was spectacular, wonderful rooms, the decor in the house. The room was clean, fresh linens, wonderful breakfast with fresh fruits. The house is cozy, full of warmth. Beautiful view of the river nice and relaxing. Maria and her staff were accomadating to our needs very pleasant, they make you feel at home. The house is spacious inside and also very clean. You could come and go as you please. I will stay here again my next visit to Windsor. Thank you Maria and Staff for everything.

• Stayed June 2013
Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I booked this B & B after reading the great reviews on trip advisor. I will say the location is good with a view of the river and the breakfast was good. After that, it did not impress me especially for the rates that are charged.

As we drove up to the house, I noticed the gardens and outside of the house were not well kept and was hoping the inside of the house would be better. I was disappointed. I realize the house is old but there was a musty smell and it just wasn't that nice/well kept.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't stay here again and wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Blue Mountains
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I emailed this B & B from their website, asking for a two night reservation for July 29 & 30th. Waited three days....NO response, so I called on Monday, June 24. Spoke with owner on the phone. She told me she was out shopping and would call me back....she NEVER did. She had also said that she hadn't checked her emails in a day or two, but that she had not seen an email from me on the Friday (when I assume she had checked her emails). Who knows. All I know is that I NEED a confirmed reservation for my trip to Windsor to visit my sister in a nursing home there, and that I will NOT be staying at this B & B. Very disappointing. No point trying again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Saskatoon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed at the inn for a week and each day felt more and more comfortable. It truly was a home away from home.
The owner Maria could not have been more accommodating. Although she had a wedding party with a full breakfast coming that same weekend she made sure I did not feel left out and when she was describing the breakfast she was preparing (which was just stunning by the way) I told her not to worry about me, I would just pick, as I was avoiding wheat products. Much to my surprise, and totally unnecessary by the way, when I came down for breakfast she had prepared an entirely gluten free menu for me! I would never have expected such royal treatment and I would like to thank her again for being so considerate.
The home itself is a stately old property right on river. If you sit in the screened in porch, which you should, you will look out over an expansive, well manicured lawn and be able to see boats pass by on the water. It is truly one of the nicest locations for a bed and breakfast that I have seen.
The rooms are very well maintained, clean and quiet. One of my favourite things about the house is that they have upgraded with modern ammenties without ruining the charm of the house. Decor has been carefully chosen to reflect the period in which it was built.
What more can I say; the house is beautiful, the location cannot be matched, and the owners and their staff make your stay unforgetable.
If you get a chance to visit this B@B I highly recommend you do. It will always be my first choice when visiting Windsor.

Room Tip: Each and every room has its own charm. I was upgraded to the honeymoon suite, it was gorgeous!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Windsor Inn on the River Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!