“Home away from Home.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Windsor Inn on the River Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windsor
Windsor Inn on the River Bed and Breakfast
You added Windsor Inn on the River Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
3857 Riverside Drive East, Windsor, Ontario N8Y 1B1, Canada (East Windsor)   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Windsor B&B and Inns
Saskatoon
“Home away from Home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed at the inn for a week and each day felt more and more comfortable. It truly was a home away from home.
The owner Maria could not have been more accommodating. Although she had a wedding party with a full breakfast coming that same weekend she made sure I did not feel left out and when she was describing the breakfast she was preparing (which was just stunning by the way) I told her not to worry about me, I would just pick, as I was avoiding wheat products. Much to my surprise, and totally unnecessary by the way, when I came down for breakfast she had prepared an entirely gluten free menu for me! I would never have expected such royal treatment and I would like to thank her again for being so considerate.
The home itself is a stately old property right on river. If you sit in the screened in porch, which you should, you will look out over an expansive, well manicured lawn and be able to see boats pass by on the water. It is truly one of the nicest locations for a bed and breakfast that I have seen.
The rooms are very well maintained, clean and quiet. One of my favourite things about the house is that they have upgraded with modern ammenties without ruining the charm of the house. Decor has been carefully chosen to reflect the period in which it was built.
What more can I say; the house is beautiful, the location cannot be matched, and the owners and their staff make your stay unforgetable.
If you get a chance to visit this B@B I highly recommend you do. It will always be my first choice when visiting Windsor.

Room Tip: Each and every room has its own charm. I was upgraded to the honeymoon suite, it was gorgeous!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
MUSKOKA, ONTARIO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

i have traveled all over US and Canada and staying at Windsor Inn on the River is my favorite place by far (along with NYC). i have been staying there for the past 11 years, have slept in every room they offer and love them all. Maria makes the stay even better, she is so tuned into her guests and their needs and she is beyond accommodating to help you. i sleep like a baby when i am there. the atmosphere is outstanding and so inviting. i have stayed during work events and pleasure and Windsor Inn on the River has more than met my needs. The breakfasts are phenomenal, i can never eat all that is offered. fresh baking in the morning and coffee is your first enticement of the day. the house is quiet and great for sleeping. if you have a chance to spend time on the screened in porch, it is wonderful. i have spent many hours working on my computer in that very porch and have had very productive work time there. I will be back for many years to come. i wish i lived closer, i would be there more often. Thank you Maria, you are a wonderful hostess. Terri

Room Tip: i have stayed in all the rooms, there is not one that is disappointing, they are all outstanding and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wallaceburg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

A Lovely large older home with 4 bedrooms upstairs and one bedroom downstairs, all accessible to full bathrooms with either showers or tubs. We went all 10 of us gals to celebrate my birthday in April 2013 and the weather was cold and the house takes a bit to warm up but I can just imagine that in the warmer weather, how beautiful this place is. Our breakfast was great-orange juice, fresh croissants, fresh frruit bowl and yogurt, scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon, and poppy seed cake with coffee or tea or anything you needed. Delicious! We ordered pizza from a place that delivered so that we did not have to leave. We were very comfortable and snug in our comfortable and clean beds. We sat in the den where we chatted and played some games like charades and catch phrase. Mass at Our Lady of Guadeloupe at 11:00 on sunday morning was perfect and oly 5 mintes away. There is mass at St Ann'sm at noon also. This was a wonderful way to celebrate my birthday with my best friends and family.

Room Tip: The garden view room has it;s own washroom as does the room at front of the house on the right side...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Columbus, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Had a wonderful little weekend away at the Windsor Inn. The owner upgraded us to the honeymoon suite. It was a gorgeous room with a great view of Belle Isle. The bed was so comfortable, I took a nap as soon as we arrived. The breakfast was very good and the presentation made us feel very special. We will make a point to return in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Our geographically far-flung family recently gathered in Windsor for a "Ceebration of the Lives of our Parents." We were able to reserve the entire inn for the weekend. Our family members ranged in ages from the 80's to 8 months. All loved the rooms, the breakfasts, and the proximity to the Windsor locations. The staff was warm and caring. The pricing was extremely reasonable for the amenities offered. This was a wonderful alternative to standard hotel accomodations.
My husband and I (the only locals in the family) are returning for a pre-Christmas weekend when were are told the house will be beautifully decorated in Victorian holiday style.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ordway, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

It was wonderful that the Windsor Inn has retained it's old style charm considering the changes which have taken place in Windsor. Views of the river were wonderful, and being set back from the road, it was very quiet. For a family gathering you could not find a better location. The staff was great. Breakfast meals were unbeatable. My stay at Windsor Inn bought back all the good memories I remember of Windsor as a young man.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Central Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I have stayed here at least 6 times over the past few years. I grew up in Windsor and every time I return (which has been quite frequently lately) this is where I stay. The staff have been very friendly, assuring that I have everything I need. The breakfasts are amazing! The location is perfect. I can see the Detroit River out of the window of my favourite room. When the weather allows all I have to do is cross the street for a relaxing walk along the river. Another favourite of mine is sitting in the screened in porch and looking out at the river.
Preparing for my 7th stay next weekend - I can't wait!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Windsor Inn on the River Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!