“Weekend Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Windsor Inn on the River Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windsor
Windsor Inn on the River Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Windsor Inn on the River Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
3857 Riverside Drive East, Windsor, Ontario N8Y 1B1, Canada (East Windsor)   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Windsor B&B and Inns
Columbus, Michigan
“Weekend Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Had a wonderful little weekend away at the Windsor Inn. The owner upgraded us to the honeymoon suite. It was a gorgeous room with a great view of Belle Isle. The bed was so comfortable, I took a nap as soon as we arrived. The breakfast was very good and the presentation made us feel very special. We will make a point to return in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Our geographically far-flung family recently gathered in Windsor for a "Ceebration of the Lives of our Parents." We were able to reserve the entire inn for the weekend. Our family members ranged in ages from the 80's to 8 months. All loved the rooms, the breakfasts, and the proximity to the Windsor locations. The staff was warm and caring. The pricing was extremely reasonable for the amenities offered. This was a wonderful alternative to standard hotel accomodations.
My husband and I (the only locals in the family) are returning for a pre-Christmas weekend when were are told the house will be beautifully decorated in Victorian holiday style.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ordway, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

It was wonderful that the Windsor Inn has retained it's old style charm considering the changes which have taken place in Windsor. Views of the river were wonderful, and being set back from the road, it was very quiet. For a family gathering you could not find a better location. The staff was great. Breakfast meals were unbeatable. My stay at Windsor Inn bought back all the good memories I remember of Windsor as a young man.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Central Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I have stayed here at least 6 times over the past few years. I grew up in Windsor and every time I return (which has been quite frequently lately) this is where I stay. The staff have been very friendly, assuring that I have everything I need. The breakfasts are amazing! The location is perfect. I can see the Detroit River out of the window of my favourite room. When the weather allows all I have to do is cross the street for a relaxing walk along the river. Another favourite of mine is sitting in the screened in porch and looking out at the river.
Preparing for my 7th stay next weekend - I can't wait!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Livonia, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

They didn't teach me how to adjust the radiator or use the fireplace. Luckily, my friend knew how. I woke up very hot at night because I couldn't set it correctly. They don't freshen up your room / do your bed during your stay. This bothered my friend. I don't really like people in my room, so it didn't bother me much. They have body wash in the shower but didn't leave a facecloth to use. I prefer a bar of soap. The floor was dusty. I had to ask that it be cleaned. My toilet was running all night - very annoying. They fixed it when I asked though. I wish they would have fixed it before I got there. Breakfast was nice. You can come and go as you please. It is a nice old house with lots of rooms to enjoy. It was also nice and quiet at night. I had a good nights sleep. It is close to downtown. Nice view of the river.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Mount Forest, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Immaculate to say the least, Old World English Hospitality, wonderful hostess with pure intentions of hospitality to the outside world. Breakfast is second to none as you enter a well set table featuring antique furnishings and dishes. Polished Silver teapots and Crystal Chandeliers make this an enticing get away ,
Immaculate bedrooms, comfortable beds and linens that are clean and fresh. The detroit river make this a refreshing stay.
I do return on a regular basis, thank-you for a memorable stay Maria.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the river all well done and kept, with or without fireplace
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

This is a wonderful old house with many rooms and a long history. They have even posted a copy of the land registry log on the wall so the curious can look at the history of the house. I'm sure it has seen days of glory.

We were greeted by Tracy, who answered all our questions and showed us to our room and bathroom which was down the hall. She was very friendly and hospitable. Despite the size of the place we were the only guests for two days. Still, the room was neat and clean and the linen seemed fresh, as were the towels. The room overlooked the front lawn, Alexander Park and the Detroit River. It may not sound inviting, but it is very quaint and beautiful.

In the morning, we were greeted by Maria. Maria is the owner and cook and bookkeeper, but doesn't appear to live at the place. She was very talkative and friendly but aloof. She served us wonderful breakfasts both days. We must say we had the most sumptuous breakfasts at the Inn on the River of all our stays in southern Ontario B&B's for our 2 week vacation and she did it on her own. Quite impressive. Blueberry pancakes, muffins, coffee, mounds of fruit... big fluffy omelets, bacon, sausage. Nothing held back.

Still, there's something you can't put your finger on. You enter and exit through the kitchen which is not meant for guest use. The living room is turned upside down with chairs in the middle of being upholstered. The patio could use some attention, and the eaves. The driveway is serviceable but uneven. Nothing critical seems wrong, it's just missing the attention to detail that we had been used to seeing at B&B's in Ontario.

We would probably stay here again if we visited Windsor, the location is beautiful.

Room Tip: I'd pick the room facing the river and park, but the suite looks pretty plush.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Windsor Inn on the River Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!