“Perfect Wedding Venue!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Windsor B&B and Inns
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
“Perfect Wedding Venue!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I were married at the bed and breakfast yesterday! We stayed 2 nights total and Larry and Joyce were more than accommodating to myself, my husband and the 12 guests that stayed the weekend as well as to all the guests visiting for my wedding!! They jumped in to help out wherever they could and were so very patient even with 5 young, rowdy children running around! I wish we could have stayed longer. I would recommend this bed and breakfast to absolutely anyone, whether you are from out of town, getting married or just need a night out of your own home. 1000 thumbs up to these great people who shared a little piece of Walkerville with me on my big day. :)

Room Tip: Every room was beautiful, and each of my guests loved their rooms, but the Samantha Suite takes the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The owners Larry & Joyce are wonderful, very pleasant and make you feel welcomed. They are knowledgeable about Windsor - what to do and what to see. My mother and I very much enjoyed the house, company, breakfast & stories.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here one night last month at the beginning of four weeks holiday going from East to West in Canada & the USA.It was the first B&B of our holiday and was one of the best.It should have been easily walkable from the Via Rail station but we got lost,our fault completely!
We were welcomed on arrival with drinks of any kind,most welcome as were hot & tired.
The room was lovely and the breakfast next morning excellent.As we were travelling by train and bus,Joyce our hostess, took us to downtown Windsor for the morning and then picked us up and took us to Detroit Greyhound Station to get our bus to Kalamazoo.This was very kind and we appreciated all her thoughtfulness very much.Thank you Joyce for giving us an excellent start to a wonderful holiday.
PS Loved the banana bread!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mason
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed for our 22nd Wedding Aniversary. Our stay happend to be the same weekend as the Windsor "Art in the Park" show which was almost across the street. We ended up parking our car and walking to it...great show. The Bed & Breakfast itself was lovely. We stayed in Samantha's Suite and it was spacious and exactly as described. The owners are fabulous and the breakfast was perfect. Highly recommend and we are already talking about going back again in the future.

Room Tip: Samanthas suite was a bit of a climb, but worth it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I can't believe I've waited so long to write a review for this place, since they were so nice and we really enjoyed our stay. My fiance and I were passing through en route back to Chicago after driving from Miami to Montreal, and so we were staying mid-week when it was empty. The host's son was so welcoming, installed us on the porch with massive glasses of free wine (which goes a long way I guess :), and was helpful in suggesting what to do. The B& B was randomly located in this nice residential neighborhood; at first we were like yikes where are we because nearby seemed dodgy but it was perfectly safe. The rooms were clean and nice and the breakfast was very good and the hosts were interesting conversationalists. I would definitely stay again if we are even in Windsor! When we payed they let us pay in U.S. and Canadian money and even coins!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a very well maintained property and extremely clean. Excellent value. The hosts are friendly and most accommodating. The breakfasts were great, using local produce when available. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Hi, i recently went to ye old walkerville bb to check it out... James helped me and my fiancee tour the place. I told him i wanted a suite for me and my girls for the night before my wedding and i asked to get ready there in the morning, he told me that it was perfect because he had nobody that day! My fiancee pulled out his VISA and said how much? And said he would put a % of his choice down on the room to keep it. James said no worries we have u written in! Next thing i know about 3 and a half weeks later the father of james... The OWNER CALLS ME leaves me a voicemail saying i cannot have the suite since another bride is getting it... I called and said to him i was the only one on the calendar james showed me. He offered me two rooms instead!!! I told him, NO way no bride wants to share!!! He was like i think its a great deal and throughout he was impatient telling me it wasnt his fault.. He also told me that the bride in question was staying two nights... Think about it.. I find that disrespectful and arrogant! They do NOT know how to run a business!

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Ye Olde Walkerville Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!