“Great Hosts!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ye Olde Walkerville Bed & Breakfast

Ye Olde Walkerville Bed & Breakfast
You added Ye Olde Walkerville Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Ye Olde Walkerville Bed & Breakfast
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1104 Monmouth Road, Windsor, Ontario N8Y 3L8, Canada (Walkerville)   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Windsor B&B and Inns
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Hosts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The owners Larry & Joyce are wonderful, very pleasant and make you feel welcomed. They are knowledgeable about Windsor - what to do and what to see. My mother and I very much enjoyed the house, company, breakfast & stories.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here one night last month at the beginning of four weeks holiday going from East to West in Canada & the USA.It was the first B&B of our holiday and was one of the best.It should have been easily walkable from the Via Rail station but we got lost,our fault completely!
We were welcomed on arrival with drinks of any kind,most welcome as were hot & tired.
The room was lovely and the breakfast next morning excellent.As we were travelling by train and bus,Joyce our hostess, took us to downtown Windsor for the morning and then picked us up and took us to Detroit Greyhound Station to get our bus to Kalamazoo.This was very kind and we appreciated all her thoughtfulness very much.Thank you Joyce for giving us an excellent start to a wonderful holiday.
PS Loved the banana bread!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mason
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed for our 22nd Wedding Aniversary. Our stay happend to be the same weekend as the Windsor "Art in the Park" show which was almost across the street. We ended up parking our car and walking to it...great show. The Bed & Breakfast itself was lovely. We stayed in Samantha's Suite and it was spacious and exactly as described. The owners are fabulous and the breakfast was perfect. Highly recommend and we are already talking about going back again in the future.

Room Tip: Samanthas suite was a bit of a climb, but worth it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I can't believe I've waited so long to write a review for this place, since they were so nice and we really enjoyed our stay. My fiance and I were passing through en route back to Chicago after driving from Miami to Montreal, and so we were staying mid-week when it was empty. The host's son was so welcoming, installed us on the porch with massive glasses of free wine (which goes a long way I guess :), and was helpful in suggesting what to do. The B& B was randomly located in this nice residential neighborhood; at first we were like yikes where are we because nearby seemed dodgy but it was perfectly safe. The rooms were clean and nice and the breakfast was very good and the hosts were interesting conversationalists. I would definitely stay again if we are even in Windsor! When we payed they let us pay in U.S. and Canadian money and even coins!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a very well maintained property and extremely clean. Excellent value. The hosts are friendly and most accommodating. The breakfasts were great, using local produce when available. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Hi, i recently went to ye old walkerville bb to check it out... James helped me and my fiancee tour the place. I told him i wanted a suite for me and my girls for the night before my wedding and i asked to get ready there in the morning, he told me that it was perfect because he had nobody that day! My fiancee pulled out his VISA and said how much? And said he would put a % of his choice down on the room to keep it. James said no worries we have u written in! Next thing i know about 3 and a half weeks later the father of james... The OWNER CALLS ME leaves me a voicemail saying i cannot have the suite since another bride is getting it... I called and said to him i was the only one on the calendar james showed me. He offered me two rooms instead!!! I told him, NO way no bride wants to share!!! He was like i think its a great deal and throughout he was impatient telling me it wasnt his fault.. He also told me that the bride in question was staying two nights... Think about it.. I find that disrespectful and arrogant! They do NOT know how to run a business!

• Stayed August 2012
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Just returned from Ye Old Walkerville Bed & Breakfast. We chose this B&B based on Trip Advisor reviews. We were glad we did choose this B&B. The owners Larry & Joyce are very pleasant and make you feel welcomed as soon as you walk through the door. Our room was well decorated and spotless and had a nice bathroom with jacuzzi. Larry suggested a nice restaurant to go eat for diner which was called Ristorante Avanti which was delicious. Our breakfast the next morning was just fabulous. They made sure everything was perfect and sure was perfect and so......good. Everything was fresh. If you are looking for a nice place to stay, I would recommend this B&B with fabulous hosts like Larry & Joyce.

Thanks Larry & Joyce for your generous hospitality