“Girl's Night Out - November 2013” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 642 Restaurants in Windsor
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Mauro's On Erie is a restaurant on Windsor's Via Italia that serves creative Italian cuisine in a cozy space with alluring contemporary vibes.
Windsor, Canada
“Girl's Night Out - November 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

A group of friends make every effort to get together once a month over dinner and wine. Last night we met at Mauro's and had one of the best evenings ever. The service was impeccable, the food was absolutely delicious, and a real plus for us is that Mauro's offers several local wines ! We shared the "family-style" option and enjoyed an artisan plate, beet & goat cheese salad, beef short ribs, veal saltimbocca and green beans, risotto with shrimp and chorizo, and penne Arrabiatta, We paired all of this with Colio's Chardonnay and Cab/Merlot. Mauro himself came to the table a couple of times to ensure that all was well. This was a great evening with great friends getting together at a great restaurant !!
We'll be back !!

• Visited November 2013

“excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

What a great experience! My boyfriend and I went for dinner on a Friday night and are going again tonight. Best calamari and tiramisu ever. The balance of the meal was fresh, tasteful and well thought out. The service was friendly, attentive and appropriate. Can't wait for dinner.

Windsor, Ontario
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Went to Mauro's for lunch with my family yesterday. We were very impressed for several reasons...Great menu selection with traditional Italian dishes and more modern health conscious dishes. The food tastes great, the portions are very generous and the menu prices are a fair value. I would certainly return to Mauro's and suggest this restuarant to all friends and family. Mauro makes the best tiramisu I have ever had.

“One of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I tried Mauro's and we were very pleased. Very attentive and personal service (Sergio was great!) and excellent food. Good range of choices from pizza to upscale main courses.

Highly recommended!

Chatham, Canada
“We found him again!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We knew Mauro from a previous restaurant in our home town and were sad to find that he had left. That restaurant had gone down from the time that Mauro was there. We enquired as to where he had gone and were told "back to Windsor". I said to my husband "I bet he has opened his own restaurant" and sure enough!!
We googled his name and when we saw his listing we immediately booked for four of us for a birthday treat for friends. When we got to the restaurant Mauro recognized us immediately and there were big hugs all around. We were so delighted that he had finally got what he is good at which is being a restauranteur. Its not just about the food which was delicious by the way (my husband is delighted he does not have to drive back to Digby NS for good scallops), its about the ambience, the warmth of the staff, the wonderful sense of humour but most of all being treated like family. Mauro does all of this very well with the assistance of his better half, Cheryl and one of his waitresses Julia who served us and was sooo funny we just laughed and laughed. I don't think I have ever been for a 3 hour dinner before with only two courses (our choice). We just did not want to leave. But we will be back, again and again. This is our new favourite restaurant and although it is not as close to home it is well worth the drive.
Much success Mauro in you new venture. We are so glad we found you again.