“A Wonderfully Imaginative and Hard Working Group” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 38 attractions in Windsor
Windsor,Ontario,
131 attraction reviews
“A Wonderfully Imaginative and Hard Working Group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We do not attend their performances on a regular basis as often they musicals selected simply do not appeal. But those we have attend are always over-the-top performed, staged and choreographed. They even do a splendid job on dialects if needed for performances. They probably operate on a shoresting so when possible, we attend performances to support. Crowds often tend to be younger and that can lead to a more boisterous audience.

Visited October 2012

toronto ontario
“Staff are amazing, theatre is amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We saw the local production of the Wizard of Oz here in March 2013. To begin...I purchased tickets for myself, Husband, daughter, son in law and two Grandchildren. As these were a Christmas gift, I tried to purchase them on line. Their site looked as though they had the tickets ready, and I was able to choose the seats myself. However, when I "finished" it said they were not yet available. I called the theatre and they said they would not be available for a few weeks. The girl took my information and said she would look after the booking, when the time came, and mail the tickets to us. Right away a brochure came in the mail, that I could give at Christmas. we left all of the tickets with my daughter who lives in the area. Well...the day before the show she realized she could not find them. We called the theatre and they printed out a new set for us to pick up when we attended the show. I can not believe how pleasurable it was dealing with staff members.
The theatre itself is just amazing. There is a large lobby where one can wait for the show to begin. There is a parking garage just across the street. If you use it, be aware that when you walk in to leave...you pay then, on the main floor, and then have 20 minutes to remove your car. We were not aware of this and walked up to our car, then had to go back down and up again by foot. We had excellent seats...very comfy. The show was amazing, even though Oz is not actually one of my favourites. There actually were wires where the actors flew through the sky. It is also interesting to read a board containing info on all of the actors. We live in a small town where people come from all over to attend our theatre, but I must say Windsor Light, was much better, with lighting and props. Plan to get tickets for the family every year for Christmas now.

Visited March 2013