“Hotel was good... Casino was horrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Caesars Windsor

Caesars Windsor
377 Riverside Dr E, Windsor, Ontario N9A 7H7, Canada (Formerly Casino Windsor) (City Centre)
519 258 7878
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 39 Attractions in Windsor
Type: Casinos
Activities: Gambling, Dining
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Bet on lots of excitement at Ontario's premier gaming complex featuring more than 80 table games, 3,300 slots and tournament series.
Buffalo NY
13 attraction reviews
“Hotel was good... Casino was horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

My experience with the hotel was very good. Our room didn't have the best view but it was spotless. We paid $139/night we didn't get a river view and the hotel was quiet.

My gripe is with the casino. My husband and I have been to just about every casino in Ontario and Western NY, and Vegas and Atlantic City. Never have we spent $1600 on slots in 2 days without winning anything. I'm not talking about taking money home... but just winning enough to keep you playing for a while.

We played machines that I've played in other casinos that paid better... same machines... so what's with that. You can't tell me they can't set these computer machines to pay at a lower rate so they make enough money to support the lavish hotel and their myriad of employees.

My next gripe was this is the only casino I've ever been in that doesn't provide toilet seat covers in the rest rooms. This is gross. I'm getting too old to stoop over a toilet or to sit in someone elses wet spots on the seat. When I asked about this they tell me that they don't provide them because people were flushing down several and clogging up the plumbing. Well... then there is something seriously wrong with their plumbing. All the other casinos have them and don't have that problem. I'm on a water pill and have to go alot and this was very very frustrating for me to have to run up to the 11th floor to go poddy.

Another gripe I have is... how dumb is it to provide a place for people to sleep and not provide them with a few places to choose from to eat breakfast? We didn't know our favorite Art Deco Restaurant wasn't open for breakfast. It was open when we went there in July ( 1 month ago) and we had a lovely breakfast. So we trudged down from the 11th floor crossed through the whole casino... only to be met with a closed sign. We then inquired and found out the only place to eat is a small joint in the lobby. It was pricely and had a very limited menu. Our bacon was burnt and our toast was cold. For a hotel that size... there should be at least 3 choices for breakfast.

The only good thing I can say about the casino is the cleanliness and the fact that they have a lot of penny machines. They don't pay but they have them.

We will not be going to Windsor Casino again.

Charlotte, North Carolina
19 attraction reviews
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

We went to Caesars Windsor to see the Donna Summer concert. Check in was swift and the staff was plesant. Our room was not yet ready, so we went on to the casino. I like the fact that the casino is non-smoking. It is also spread out so that things so feel as crowded as some other casions we have visited. While they cannot offer free alcohol, they do give free sodas, coffee and juice and we found that they came around much more often than at other places. When we went up to our 25th floor room, I was very pleased. The view over the river was nice and the room was well appointed. It had a crisp, modern feel with lots of wood. The furniture is comfortable, too. We ate at the Market Buffett. It is ok- nothing of note except the dessert section- very impressive!!! As we were heading home, my husband commented that he enjoyed this casino even more that the Vegas ones!!!

SW Ontario
“Rooms are Nice, Clean, Modern”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

I live about an hour east of Ceasars Windsor and stay there several times a year courtesy of comps. The rooms are always clean. The newer Augustus Towers are definitely preferred over the Forum Towers. The check in desk is conveniently located for valet parking and the Augustus Towers. Unfortunately the Forum Towers are located on the opposite side of the casino from the check-in desk. Also, self parking is not located conveniently to the check in desk.
All ages are welcome stay in the Augustus Towers. But minors are not allowed on gaming floor. The only restaurant available to children is the Augustus Cafe. Unfortunatley the pool is not located in the Augustus Towers, but in the Forum Towers; so travellers with children will not be able to entertain the kids in the pool.

The buffet offers a wide variety of food and is good; but not excellent. The Artist Cafe offers a great all day breakfast. Neros Steakhouse is good, but expensive. Legends Sports bar is okay, but the big screen televisions are pretty cool. I've only been in the Augustus Cafe once, and was not overly impressed; not to mention it is closed most times. Pronto Cafe is okay for a quick snack.

The hotel is located along the Riverfront; where there is generally alot of activities in the summer. Tons of restaurants are located downtown minutes from the hotel. Tunnel BBQ is the best for ribs and Sir Cedric's has the best halibut.

The gaming floors are large and relatively well spread out. Soft drinks, juices, coffee and tea are free. Good selection of slot machines. I don't play the tables but there is always a good crowd surrounding the various tables.

A relatively nice gift shop is located just off the main floor.

Overall it is a near Vegas experience. Lots of great entertainment. Comps are not what they once were since the change to Ceasars Windsor from Casino Windsor. But definitely entertaining!

Detroit, Michigan
“I was disappointed in the decor of the Windsor casino.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

The employees at the casino are friendly, but the casino itself does not compare to the Detroit casinos in size and beauty.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Great Hotel, Fun Casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2009

We were staying in Detroit and with my Total Rewards card I had a comp night at Caesars Windsor. The hotel and casino is HUGE! Check in was quick and nice. The room was large and comfortable with a great view. Staff at the hotel and casino goes out of their way to make your stay the best. My only complaint is with housekeeping. The room looked like the housekeeper did a quick clean up and missed a few things. Some things were dusty there were a few hairs on the bathroom floor. Over all this place is great and I will stay again.