“Great Place, Pet-Friendly Too!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Windsor

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Windsor to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Windsor
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1840 Huron Church Road, Windsor, Ontario N9C 2L3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #2 of 34 hotels in Windsor
Markham, Canada
“Great Place, Pet-Friendly Too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Windsor for 3 days and were very pleased with the hotel.

We were travelling with two children, 10 & 13 and stayed in a King Suite on the 7th floor. I chose the Hampton Inn & Suites after reading the reviews here on TA. We were also looking for a hotel that would accommodate our two well-behaved dogs, and the Hampton Inn & Suites is a "Pet Friendly" hotel.

I wasn't sure what type of room to expect since all pet-friendly rooms are on the 7th floor however, our room was spotless. Our dogs were happy to be with us and they never made a sound, even if they did, you probably wouldn't have heard anything as the soundproofing in the rooms was excellent.

Overall, I can't really complain about the rooms. However the breakfast selection could use some improvement. On the Friday morning, my daughter and I arrived at the restaurant at 9:00 am. It wasn't very busy, but the selection for the "hot" food was some greyish looking sausage patties and some frozen waffle type bread sticks. No eggs, etc. Not really an issue for me since I don't usually eat a hot breakfast. Breakfast on Saturday morning was also lacking in selection. There was a gymnastics and a soccer competition taking place that weekend, so you can imagine how crowded the breakfast area was, not to mention the line-up for food. It took staff a long time to replace food items and they did seem short-staffed.

I would recommend the Hampton Inn & Suites to anyone looking for a clean, friendly and conveniently located hotel in Windsor.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

232 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

I travel a lot for work. I normally stay at Courtyard Marriotts or Hampton Inns, occasionally a Ramada. I have fairly high expectations of hotels since I have to live in them for a week or more a month. Especially when traveling for work. I hope that gives you some context for my review.

I stay in Windsor several nights a month. I researched and tried a lot of hotels before settling on the Hampton as my #1 choice.

As a business traveler trying to live a healthy lifestyle, breakfast becomes very important in your hotel choice. Compared to other similarly priced hotels, the Hampton has the best free breakfast by far. It never gets boring, and has LOTS of healthy options. There is always at least two fresh hot options like eggs, pancakes, or meat. The hot dishes are different every day. If you were too busy to sit down for breakfast they had excellent healthy and filling bagged breakfasts you could grab on the way out the door.

The service at this hotel was fantastic. The staff all remembered me by name after only meeting me once or twice. They were all so genuinely friendly and helpful. They really have a sense of ownership and pride. Even the guys doing renovations were very polite and considerate.

The rooms were very clean. This was another key deciding factor. The Hampton's policy is to wash EVERYTHING on the bed, even pillows between each customer. Many people don't realize this, but even some of the most expensive hotels don't wash the comforter, blanket, or even mattress pad between customers. Some don't even use pillow protectors. Think of how many times you have stretched out on the comforter on a hotel bed to watch TV. Think of what else people do on that comforter. Gross.

The fitness room and pool and hot tub are never too busy. Very comfortable.

The parking is free, well lit, and all very close to the doors. I always felt safe no matter what time I was walking through it.

The location is so convenient. So close to the EC Row, 401, and Ambassador Bridge. You can get anywhere in Windsor from this hotel very quickly. There are lots of good places to eat or get takeout in the area too.

I really can't say enough good about my experiences at this hotel. For the price it can't be beat. I even tried the Hilton downtown overlooking the river. Much more expensive, but the rooms were shabbier and dirtier, the other guests were sketchy, the service was just ok, the parking was expensive and inconvenient, and you had to pay for breakfast.

I really don't think you will find a better quality hotel anywhere close to this price range in Windsor. It's a gem!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

The staff was incredible and the property was perfect. If you are staying in Windsor: Stay here!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

My husband and I spent New Year's Day night here on our way to Florida. We had a room with a king-size bed facing the parking lot at the back of the hotel. The salt-water pool is wonderful. No chlorine, pleasantly warm temperature and large towels to dry off with. Our room was very quiet, dark and cool - perfect for sleeping. Couple that with a firm mattress and good quality linens and our trip was off to a great start. The shower has lots of water pressure and the towels are soft and thick. The hotel is on the road to the Ambassador Bridge, about five minutes away. Our only quibble would be that breakfast was plentiful but uninspired and we wish the Hampton Inns would spend money on faster toasters!

• Liked — the bed, the pool
  • Disliked — the breakfast
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

Our party of 3 needed a place to stay while we took care of some paperwork and spent New Year's Eve in Windsor. After reading the reviews here and checking out prices for Hampton Inn and other hotels, we booked a room with 2 queen sized beds for our one-night stay. We were very pleased with our choice.

The front desk staff was friendly, helpful, and accommodating. When we walked into the room, it had a very clean, fresh laundry type of scent, and I am not referring to the strong chlorine bleach smell that you get in other hotels. The beds' comfort, pillows' fluffiness, and towels were of above average quality. Having stitched-pattern duvets on the beds was a nice touch. There was free internet access, although we wished that the hotel's wifi was strong enough to get to the 5th floor where we were staying.

The breakfast, although with a relatively wider selection than most places where you pay US$125-$175 per night, was average. Although we came down for breakfast between 8:30 and 9 am, we wanted "hot" products to be readily available, as advertised.

• Liked — clean room, friendly staff, location
  • Disliked — breakfast selection of hot products, views
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

A girl's softball team was given an enticing rate to stay at this hotel for a tournament. The manager at the hotel had one of the parents bind all of the parents to a contract which included fine print. The general manager invoked a 72 hours cancellation policy knowing that tournaments schedule change and early eliminations are possible. The result was I stayed for one night but was charged for 3 nights. The general manager would not accept 48 hours notice. When I tried to shorten my stay I got one of those "gotcha" ...I have your credit card and I will charge you for the rooms. I know a lot of teams compete in this area....lessons learned...choices to be made. I think the arrogance from the general manager added insult to injury. Buyer beware...and the customer care line ...a joke!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Livonia, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

We booked the Hampton Inn because it was away from downtown Windsor. On the weekends, downtown Windsor is party city for the 19-21 year old crowd and we didn't want any part of that scene. The Hampton Inn provided a nice hot breakfast, the rooms were clean and the hotel staff was very friendly. I would recommend the hotel.

• Liked — Locatiom
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Windsor? Share your experiences!