“One night business stop...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Caesars Windsor

You added Caesars Windsor to your Saves list
Caesars Windsor
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   377 Riverside Drive E, Windsor, Ontario N9A 7H7, Canada (City Centre)   |
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Windsor
“One night business stop...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Good stay in a clean, quiet hotel.
Was nice to have casino attached for food and something to do at night.... Only downside was the walk to check in from self park... Very long!!!

Good view from my room, and got a great rate through total rewards... I stay in a lot of hotels and this was above average for comfort. I could not smell smoke in my room.

I did it hear any other guests while sleeping etc. nice bathroom, good tv, etc.

I would stay here again......

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
London, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay and both times were amazing.The rooms are bright, decorated well and very clean. With free valet parking you are treated very well. All the employees are very customer oriented.Its an awesome weekend getaway.

• Stayed August 2013
Sarnia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife, Daughter, Son-In-Law and Grandson stayed at Caesars Windsor last week and the place was marvelous. Got a great sleep (noise free).The staff was pleasant from the front desk through housekeeping. If you are going to be in Windsor, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lawton, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I specifically drove all the way from Oklahoma to be at this motel for the fireworks between Detroit and Windsor a week or so before July 4, 2013. What a waste of my time. What a change a few years has made. When I lived in Ohio, I used to love coming here. And it was way more crowded and exciting than this time. What has happened??? Is the economy that bad or is it because the service and general demeanor of most of the persons I met here at this casino suck? I have never been in any casino and treated so poorly by everyone: the pit boss; the Asian younger lady in the credit department who walks around like she has a pencil stuck up you know where; the wait persons at the buffet who entirely ignored me; no one wanted to hear my concerns in person. They told me to go to the website and make a comment. Tried this. There is no way to do so!!!! Their breakfast buffet charges extra for OJ. What's up with that? I will never spend any money here again. Soooooo disappointing because i really loved this place in the past. They seem to have only about 6% of the market as I was told. USA persons...do not bother getting a passport and going here. A waste of time and effort. Go to Cleveland or even Columbus if you live in Ohio. Much better. Very disappointed. No one cared.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We spent the Labour Day weekend at Caesars Windsor and it’s been great (except some – mostly female – boors on the hallways one of the nights).
We wanted a river view room, booked in the old (Forum) tower, mainly to see the Labour Day fireworks – both Saturday and Sunday at 11 PM; paid in total around CAD 425 for two nights (probably 4-5 months in advance).
Great room/bathroom, all clean and no problems, free Wi-Fi is fast and reliable. The swimming pool/gym area is also high-end and by default adults only (since you must enter the casino first), this does make a difference.
This is a great complex but too large nowadays for the current number of customers, the restaurants/bars looked pretty empty some times (more people than what we saw around in 2010 but not enough I suspect to support it long term at the current standards).
Three technical details:
- The swimming pool/gym has electronic lockers (user selected code). First time for me: a machine called “swimsuit water extractor”, it does the job!
- The (wet) sauna (separated men/women) has a notice recommending spending no more than 5 minutes, so where’s the clock? (Unless you carry one with you.) On the sauna (wooden) wall facing the entrance there is an hourglass, check/restart it.
- On the casino floors (OK, I know you can review the casino itself) I’ve seen “credit card advance cash dispensers” where one could be asked to present (for scanning) a photo ID and it might also require you an inkless thumbprint!
Overall still excellent but probably our (Ontarians) tax money at work is a declining investment at this time; I hope I’m wrong.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our first visit here was in February. We stayed after seeing a late show and didn't want to drive back home. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice this facility is. We've never been big into casinos because neither my husband or I can tolerate smoking. There is not one place on this property where smoking is allowed. It was refreshing! We could hang out at the bar, the roulette table, black jack, a restaurant, wherever and it was smoke free. We enjoy the food and atmosphere at the sports bar. The main bar in the center court is a lot of fun as there is a live band every weekend night. The rooms are large and clean. Spend the extra $20 and get the river view. Detroit beautiful lit up at night.

We had such a good time, we returned again in August just for a trip away from the kids. We're going again next weekend to celebrate our anniversary. Both of us can't wait. We have so much time.

Tip- join the casino's Player Club. They give you all kinds of freebies every visit and earn points towards free stays (good anywhere Caesars own property. Also, choose the Rise & Shine package, it's usually less expensive than the actually room price and includes credit towards breakfast (you can use the credit at any restaurant).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at Caesars Windsor as part of an organized bus tour to Chicago. What a beautiful hotel. The rooms, including the bathrooms are massive. They are beautiful, clean and the beds are extemely comfortable. We also enjoyed the buffet dinner. What an incredible choice of food items. There is something to suit everyone's taste, from Asian, Chinese, Sushi, salad and pasta/pizza bar. There must be at least 50 different desserts. We also received a complimentary breakfast which was equally as delicious. In summary, I would high.ly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the lake.