“Great Hotel Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Caesars Windsor

You added Caesars Windsor to your Saves list
Caesars Windsor
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   377 Riverside Drive E, Windsor, Ontario N9A 7H7, Canada (City Centre)   |
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Windsor
Clinton Township, Michigan
“Great Hotel Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Whenever I visit Windor, I always stay at Caesar's. It is a marvelous hotel and has a great casino and restaurants. The hotel rooms are very attractive, clean, and equipped with all of the desired amenties. Views of the river from the top floors are breathtaking. I always have a great experience when I have stayed there and they are very generous with their comps for casino play.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a hotel room on a high floor with a good view. The Augustus Tower is the better of th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
ONTARIO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This is an excellent Caesars property. Two towers with lovely rooms and great premium views. Sofa or chair and ottoman and large bathroom with separate shower. Room could use a jolt of colour tho. There is a very nice pool and exercise room area with large windows overlooking river.Two lobbies; one with bar area looking into casino, and other in Augustus tower with windows and entrance to entertainment centre. And of course the Caesars statues. The food in the Artists cafe is very good,the market buffet is kind of hit and miss, and their substitute for a food court, the Pronto cafe is well lame.
This is our home casino even though we do not live in Windsor. So we are reward card holders. This July we decided to explore the Caesars comp experience in Las Vegas, by a drive cross country. We are only gold card holders but were able to obtain comps at Rio Suites and Caesars. Then we hit a snag in their on line bookings when we tried to get; not another comp, but only a price for three nights at Paris in between the other two. A message came up that said we already had a booking during the time period requested and said to call Caesars direct. But we went instead to The MLife site, having obtained a card with our stay at Bellagio last year. Instead of Paris then we are going to stay at the MGM Grand in between the two others. So after a jump off from Windsor and a comp at Harahs Joliet our first stop is Kearney Nebraska.Thank You Caesars for this opportunity!

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Loved it!!! My husband and I stayed here 7/18 - 21 for a family reunion in Detroit, MI. Since I am a Total Rewards member, I was able to get comp rooms for the weekend. Beautiful views, great location for my trip back and forth to Detroit Marriott Courtyard. Took only 12 minutes through the tunnel. As far as the hotel, it was wonderful. From the beginning, you know you're at a Ceasar's. The free valet was awesome! Always ready to accept and retrieve the car in a hurry. We never waited over 3 minutes to get our car (always tipped though - and they would recognize us when we came every day.) The hotel check-in process was quick, but not as friendly as I would have expected, but who cares when I was able to get a room with an amazing view in the Augustus Tower - 25th floor. There was one day when we returned around 3:00 p.m. and our room was not clean, but once I called housekeeping, they were up and it was completed quickly. The bed was comfortable, the separate shower and tub was very nice and the pull out sofa bed (didn't need it) was a nice touch. They have a refrigerator and coffee station in the room.

We ate at the Market buffet. There was a lot of food choices, and I would recommend it for anyone who wants a variety of food. The casino slots were lose to me - especially the Wizard of Oz. I won about $900.00 over the three days, but played a lot back. You have to play with Canadian money though. No US money is accepted in the machines (they have a money changer there.)

You will not go wrong chosing this location. Extremely nice and represents Ceasar's well!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view - higher floors.
Altenstadt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Had to stay for one night in Windsor and the Caesars offered the best rate. Valet parking with very friendly staff. Check-in process very quick. Had a room at the Augustus Tower where you can have wifi-access. You get the password from the lady at the reception (free wifi). In the hotel integrated are quite a few bars and restaurants. Had a drink upstairs where you can have a beautiful view over the river and see the skyline of Detroit. Of course, this hotel has a casino, too. Lot´s of slot machines and a pokerroom. Good atmosphere. Had a bite to eat at the sportsbar which I also can recommend. The room itself was big and very comfortable. Big bathroom with separate tube and separate shower. All in all a good stay and I can recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Shelby Township, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Just got back from a night at Caesars Windsor and really enjoyed it. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and the view was amazing of the river and downtown Detroit. My husband and I aren't much for gambling, but we enjoyed the bars and music. Highly recommend it.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed at Ceasers Windsor last fall on a business trip with my tv film crew. The front desk seemed to have misplaced a booking for one of our colleagues but they quickly amended the situation and placed him into a room (no big fuss, quick, problem solving front desk people.) After a long day of shooting, we appreciated that.

Though we stayed on different floors for the most part, the rooms were spacious, very clean, bathrooms were great and the beds were oh so comfortable!

I got up early to use the gym and had to cross through the casino to get to it. A little strange, but it made me feel like I was in vegas. The gym had all the necessities and was clean. A little cramped but it was totally deserted at 7am so I doubt many people use it while on vacation.

I would stay here again, no questions asked. Excellent facilities.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My friend and I got to the hotel and the service was very nice and easy to work with. The hotel looked amazing on the inside and I loved all of the sculptures. The room was very nice with comfortable beds, but we didn't have that great of a view since we were only on the 6th floor. We got the buffet on the lower level and it was definitely not worth $30. The food wasn't bad, but it just wasn't that good. Also, I was expecting more drink options from a very large casino, but I sufficed. The casino was very fun and some of the dealers took their time explaining the in's and out's of games I didn't know which was nice. Overall, very nice stay but just a little bit pricier than what it is worth. Still great trip though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Caesars Windsor? Share your experiences!