“Another fine time at Caesars Windsor” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Caesars Windsor

Save Saved
You added Caesars Windsor to your Saves list
Caesars Windsor
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   377 Riverside Drive E, Windsor, Ontario N9A 7H7, Canada (City Centre)   |
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Windsor
Cleveland, Ohio
“Another fine time at Caesars Windsor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We made our annual trip to the casino and stayed in the Forum Tower, as usual. I really like this hotel, not sure why. It's showing some wear and tear but we got a great nights sleep. Room temp was perfect and the room was super quiet. Bed was pretty comfy, too. I still like the fact that it has recycle bins in the rooms.
The casino was not very crowded which I enjoyed. The slots were not very generous this time, but I didn't really visit execting to go home any richer than i was when I arrived. But I had a lot of fun.
The drinks are not that great. They have the liquor measure pourer things on the bottles and even when we ordered a double it was still probably not the equivalent of a pour at a regular bar. And the price for two doubles, vodka and soda....$25. That's a lot. I had to drink the free self-serve coffee just to feel like I wasn't getting too ripped off.
The Artistic Cafe has a bufft breakfast which was OK but nothing amazing. The prices were right in line with any hotel restaurant. If you have a rewards card you will receive a discounted price on the food at the casino.
Parking is free and seems safe, secure. We walked a couple of blocks along the riverfront to Oulette St to visit the Loose Goose and we had no safety issues walking the few blocks. Although the sidewalks were not shoveled so it could have been dangerous.
We will be back next year.

Room Tip: We enjoy the Forum Tower but have never stayed in the Augustus Tower to compare. The Riverview room...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Have stayed here twice now and both times were great. The rooms are large and well-appointed, and the hotel is very clean. Very responsive housekeeping staff as well. The casino is good as well. However, outside of the hotel, we haven't been able to find much to do. Good to visit for a couple of days if you like casinos, or to see a show there. Otherwise, best talk to someone from Windsor who might be able to give you some advice on what to do in the city. Haven't made it over to Detroit yet.

There is a Starbucks on site (although limited hours), and the hotel Wifi is free and pretty reliable.

Tip -- sign up for/use your Total Rewards card at the casino (same program as other Caesar's locations, like Caesars Palace). You can use the reward points you collect for cash at most of the hotel restaurants and even to pay for your room. Plus, we only play the slots and don't gamble all that much money, but we get lots of coupons for free slot play, free food/food credits, and even free rooms. Between the two of us, we received three free nights for our last stay.

Regular room rates are a bit on the high side, but between Total Rewards coupons and Caesars room sales, you should be able to find cheaper rates than rack.

Room Tip: Both times we've been in the Augustus tower where the rooms have been great -- and both times we...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Moosomin, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Received a fantastic deal at Caesars Windsor for an advanced booking--Rooms are much larger than a standard hotel room, and the beds were comfortable with quality linens--Choice of separate soaker tub and Stand-up shower. Also appreciated having the option of a smoking room on a smoking floor with no worries because it's cold in December and I like it when hotels still have a few "old-school" options for guests. Would have liked if the fan in the bathroom had a manual switch, or something similar in the room for the smoke other than the AC/heating unit. They have an optional "Go Green" program where you can decline housekeeping for as many nights as you wish (each night declined service credits you 500 Total Rewards points, the equivalent of roughly 5.00 to be used towards food and beverage on site or other items in the TR catalogue online). This program worked for me because it was a short stay and there were plenty of towels/toiletries provided from the start. Plus I enjoy my freebies at hotels. Restaurants are good to great as well, with about 6-7 on site. It's a large complex but a series of escalators handily get you to where you need to be; It's a bit of change from your everyday hotel/motel off the highway, a little different experience to take in. There are a variety of things to do even if you're not a fan of the One-Armed Bandits or BlackJack/Poker tables. Some big-name acts perform at the Colosseum in the Augustus Tower area. You are set for a great weekend or mid-week getaway if one of your favorite entertainers happens to be playing. Caesar's Windsor earns it's stripes as a 4-star property (at a 3-star price if you watch for promotions). I found the staff to be helpful, friendly, and on top of things (especially the front desk, chefs/cooks, and housekeeping). Try the Market Buffett, it's fantastic quality food with much more than anyone could hope to try in one sitting. Oreo Cheescake was rich and well made, as well as the Homestyle Meatloaf/Meatballs (my personal favourite)--Care and attention were paid to the fresh salads and other vegetables on offer. Would like to check out Nero's Steakhouse (gourmet) someday when I return. Who knows, maybe a Comp meal at Nero's for good ol' Mr. Riggs? We shall see, it is a Casino after all! ;)

Room Tip: Ask for accomodation in the Augustus Tower, I was told it has better WiFi connection. Forum tower h...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Windsor, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is a pricey option for average service. The rooms are clean, but I'd hate to use a black light. They really skimped out on the amenities. Plastic cups, dollar store soaps.... it's the small things that count for me.

The place is generally quite noisy, but I guess most people are there to pretend its Vegas. I've stayed there many times, and have always heard the neighbors. Lots of group parties.

On the flip side, all the staff are great. I don't have a single complaint about a single staff member. Any request you have, they'll take care of it. I only complained once about noise, and they followed up immediately.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed here for work as we were able to get a really low rate (cheaper than Holiday Inn and other budget hotels) by booking in advance.
Requested the Augustus tower as I read reviews that it was the newer one and less dated than Forum.

As I never feel comfortable valet parking (which is free) I parked at the self-park which is on the other side of the casino (Closer to Forum Tower). It was an annoying treck as my ID was checked every single time. They should implement some sort of a system that works better than having to check hotel guest IDs each time, which they are super slow at doing (staring at my ID for a few seconds, then running it through the machine, sometimes multiple times) when I am clearly not 19 years old. I understand their policy if you look under 30 but there must be a more efficient way to do this for hotel guests. Also, the fitness centre is located in the Forum Tower, which also means bringing your ID to get to the gym and walking through the casino floor in gym gear - the gym is pretty fantastic for a hotel gym though!

The hotel room itself was nice, it was very spacious. One thing when I arrived at my room, the door was not closed - I arrived at 9pm so the door had probably been open since it was cleaned, this made me feel slightly insecure as clearly the housekeeping staff had not ensured the door was closed properly. For the whole week I locked my luggage and used the safe just in case this happened again. Also, duvets on the bed are very thin and the pillows flatten after you lay on them for 5 minutes.

If you are staying here and plan to self park and will be going in and out often, perhaps staying at the forum tower is a better option. I am not sure how the rooms look in that tower but it is definitely annoying to have to walk so far.

There is a Starbucks in the casino however it is pricier than the Starbucks offsite. The pronto cafe does not have good food options - I would avoid at all costs!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The casino was great. Table limits were resonable and tons of slots. The hotel rooms were large and very clean. Overall our stay was great...with one exception. When trying to check in, we found only one desk attendant checking in regular customers, while there were two attendants checking in diamond club guests. That's to be expected and it was no big deal until the diamond club line consisted of 2 people, while the non-diamond club line grew to 50-60 people. A manager came out (employee number 2488) and told people in our line not to worry, there were two more attendants coming out and they would help check us in and reduce the line. Two more attendants came out, but they also began working the diamond club check in! There were now 4 front dest clerks for diamond club and 1 for the line of 60+ people! Everyone in line was confused as to why the manager told us he was addressing the problem when he clearly wasn't. A woman behind us politely asked him about it, but the manager blew her off. When she walked away and her back was turned, he made a childish face at her and said ''Merry Christmas'' in a sarcastic tone. Overall, the stay was great, but the arrogance and lack of professionalism of the hotel manager (#2488) almost made us leave and head for MGM before we even checked in. All the other employees were helpful and polite.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Oshawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

We were disappointed with a smokey room , they cannot guarantee a non smoking room otherwise everything else was fine .nice large room very clean , the casino was nice as usual food was good . It is a long walk from parking garage to check in at hotel and then back to the towers for the hotel room ,

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Caesars Windsor? Share your experiences!