“Good food and great service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Continental
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
ontario
“Good food and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have alway wanted to visit this spot, so when a friend mentioned it I jumped at the chance. I was not disappointed .
We had a lot to catch up on and the wait staff did not rush us. We both ordered the beet salad. It was delicious! However a bit pricey. Green than $2.50 too much. They do use local produce but $10.00 for a salad a bit high! Non the less it was excellent.
We sat in a booth and the seats were very hard.
A very bust restaurant and very goof
D

Visited September 2013

Windsor, Canada
“INCONSISTENT FOOD!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This used to be a good restaurant and one of my favourites; however, my last few visits have left me with a bad feeling for this restaurant's future.

The Food Items I order never appear twice the same way. The COBB SALAD was SO BAD that I would have sent it back had I not been with my manager.

Also, the CRISPY CHICKEN SANDWICH is suppose to be served with an avocado sauce and heirloom tomatoes. My Sandwich appeared with regular mayonnaise and regular tomatoes.

The Food Items prepared in the kitchen have become inconsistent. I will find other new restaurants to provide my patronage.

If you want an excellent restaurant and the same price point with better food and overall experience, try Lorelei's Bistro up the street. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
windsor
“First visit but not my last.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We arrived at 11 am on a Saturday morning with a group of 5 and an infant. We were greeted immediately and seated within minutes! Our server was terrific. He had a great sense of humour and was very attentive. I had the breakfast special, french toast with Brie and strawberry rhubarb compote. Delicious!!! Can't wait to return and have an order of "Bennies"

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent for Brunch & Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

A surprisingly quaint, yet hip, restaurant in Windsor! They have delicious food with fresh ingredients and fabulous coffee and serves as a nice alternative to the more touristy places along the river.

Visited August 2013
Kate R, Owner at The Twisted Apron, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thanks for the nice review. So glad you enjoyed, hope you visit us again next time your in Windsor. Our menu is always changing, so we will always have new things for you to try.
Orillia, Canada
“Breakfast at Twisted Apron”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

A quaint place to have a nice breakfast in Windsor. The spices used in the simplest of things, like the potatoes... Nicely done. Still trying to find a place that uses egg poachers instead of vinegar in water... Oh well. The meat portions were HUGE, like a wedge of back bacon! The home made sausage? Delicious... Overall, well done! I'd go back.

• Visited August 2013