“Food wonderful, service not so wonderful!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 640 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: FANTASTIC HOMEMADE PASTA
“Food wonderful, service not so wonderful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We arrived with our guests and were seated immediately without reservations. Our waiter was attentive and personable but it took our food about an hour to arrive to our table. Maybe this works with those having drinks and appetizers, but that is not our style. No complaints about the food. We all felt it was one of the best Italian food we had eatten in a long time. We will definitely consider returning as long as we have enough time to enjoy the experience.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Detroit, Michigan
“A Nice Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant when we couldn't get reservations at another place. Our good fortune, I might add. Very clean and modern. I noticed one of the waiters polishing the wine glasses. A clue to me that the restaurant places a premium on doing things right.
I really enjoyed the fresh bread and the prices are very reasonable. I had the veal crema which was done right and very thin sliced. My wife had the chicken marsala that was excellent, too. If you go to their website, they have a 3D view of the rooms. We will definitely be back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Windsor, Canada
“Recently renovated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This restaurant underwent major renovations in the summer of 2012 and it really freshened the place up. I have been there twice in December 2012, once for a business lunch when there were only three tables being used and once for a dinner of 12 people on December 19th, when it was completely packed. Both times the food was absolutely outstanding, although the service was understandably a little slow the second time due to the volume.

This is a nice intimate location that I used to think of as a place for special occassions. With the renovations, it is now more than that for me: classy and casual at the same time with authentic fresh recipes and an impressive grappa collection.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Windsor, Canada
“Authentic Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Beautifully decorated restaurant, especially during the holidays. The food is good and plentiful. I love the antipasto platters and the fresh bread.

Visited November 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
“Great food & Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The food here was excellent, well worth the price, and they have an extensive wine cellar that you can pair with any dish. Service was fantastic, and the atmosphere was great. I heard no complaints from other tables about the food or service. I had the privilege of going into the very clean, and organised kitchen. The owners were pleasant, and the place looks fantastic after the renovations they did. I highly recommend this underrated restaurant!

Visited November 2012