“Not your average HI restaurant....much better” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Toronto, Canada
“Not your average HI restaurant....much better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I liked the old HI restaurant but its really improved when it changed hands to become Grille 55 then new management renovated everything and upgraded the menu. Great atmosphere, fair pricing, very interesting menu, excellent service, and food quality is very high. Plus, you can bill to your HI room for more IHG points. Lots of free parking around the HI.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ontario
“Awesome Food & Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

This was an upscale restaurant attached to the Holiday Inn. Excellent food! The ahi tuna wrap was to die for! We also ate there for dinner & everything we had was good. They also carry Aleksander wines from the Lake Erie region...Exceptional wine, I recommend the shiraz. Our server Eric was phenomenal, very friendly & made the dining experience unforgettable!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grill_55, Manager at Grill 55, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Our guest's comments are very important to us as we strive to constantly improve our service. In April will be updating our wine list. We will be introducing some great local and international wines to our selection. It was our pleasure to share your comments with your server Eric. We look forward to your visit in the future. Toni Akari Food & Beverage Director
Ottawa, Canada
“Wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Great food. Varied contemporary menu. Excellent service. Beautiful decor. I highly recommend this restaurant for a fine dining experience in Windsor.

Visited August 2013
“Better than most Holiday Inn restaurants but just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Pork loin was good, not outstanding. Salmon tasted as if was previously frozen. My son liked his huge burger. The restaurant is reasonably good, but overpriced for what you get. It seems like its trying to be upscale (and so my expectations were higher). On the other hand was very convenient for our stay at Holiday Inn. I’d have been very happy with the burger.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Spruce wood”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I am not sure what has happen to this place as a chef myself I loved this place Steve was creating a great place but now he is gone like manny places it has gone to pot as far as I am concerned there is no excuse for food being served cold and can I repeat no excuse how does that happen at 30 a plate it's not asking to much for hot food