“Welcome home and enjoy !!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Calabrisella Ristorante

Calabrisella Ristorante
614 Erie St E, Windsor, Ontario N9A3X9, Canada (Walkerville)
519-977-7306
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 644 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Walkerville
LaSalle, Canada
“Welcome home and enjoy !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I don’t usually write reviews; in fact this is my first one. After talking to friends about our enjoyable dining experience at Calabrisella’s, I finally decided to put my thoughts on paper.
We went out with close friends on February 8, 2013 and ended up at Calabrisella’s based upon their recommendations. I had never heard of this restaurant before, and was a little hesitant at first.
Upon entering, we were pleasantly greeted by Toni; co-owner and our waitress. In a very short time we were all on a first name basis. Warm, helpful suggestions; made our selections painless without disappointment. If you want attention to detail, personal attention and a very friendly atmosphere, then “Calabrisella” is the place I would recommend. Oh yeah, the food is tremendous !!

Rob & Barb, LaSalle Ontario

• Visited February 2013

Rome, Italy
“Mamma and nonna...Watch out!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I am a businessman and I live in Italy. I come to Windsor a few times per year and usually stay a couple weeks at a time. I have eaten in England, Belgium, France, Germany and of course Italy, and I find the food in Canada to be quite below human standard.
Some colleagues suggested a small restaurant called Calabriesella in "Little Italy"...I was skeptical.
I decided to try it, and from the moment I walked in I loved the atmosphere, it reminded me of the friendly neighbourhood bistros back home ( not the ones we send the tourists to). The "profumo" from the kitchen was making my mouth water.
I ordered dinner and enjoyed every single bite, loved the carbonara, very authentic. The veal melted in your mouth. I was so full by the end, but the waitress, who is also the owner with her husband "Chef Biagio", was so great that I ordered espresso and Tirami su' for dessert, just to stay and chat. That was a big mistake, because now I wanted a second piece of tirami su'.
One thing I have to admit about windsorites, they are not liars. This is the best restaurant in town. So keep it dear to your heart. Now that I go back home I have to tell my wife that real authentic italian cooking is on the other side of the ocean, in a small city called Windsor. I will definitely know where to eat from now on when I have work in Windsor.

• Visited March 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“A bit disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews of this restaurant, my spouse and I went there yesterday for the first time. Our dining experience started off a bit on the wrong foot when we mentioned we had reservations, yet the waitress clearly was unaware that anyone had taken reservations. Like almost everyone there, we were dining before a big concert at a nearby hall, which the lone waitress admittedly had no knowledge of, so the lack of proper staff meant it was a full 30 minutes before our entree orders were even taken.

Once our food started arriving, we found the bread and salads to be rather ordinary, the latter consisting of nothing more than romaine lettuce, a few chopped tomatoes, and bean sprouts with a standard italian dressing. We also ordered a calamari appetizer, which I found quite good. The meat was lightly floured and flash fried, served with a wonderfully seasoned tomato sauce on the side. Unfortunately, my spouse found it literally inedible, too fishy and rubbery for her taste. To the restaurant's credit, another order was immediately prepared and brought out, even after our gentle assurances that that was not necessary.

My veal al limone was good and piping hot as was my spouse's gnocchi with spinach, but again, hardly anything to write home about. The waitress (and co-owner I believe) was well aware of our frustration at how long everything was taking so she did make admirable service efforts on the back end to rectify matters (free dessert to go) after not so great service on the front end.

Based on all of these wonderful reviews, we clearly arrived on an off night when the restaurant was not adequately staffed.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Wonderful dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed dinner at Calabrisella Ristorante last night with friends. It was our second visit there. We rank the food among the best we have had. My husband is Italian and a very good cook, so I feel we are good judges when it comes to food. This is our go to eatery when we visit Windsor and we are always telling friends to stop in when they visit Windsor. We have not been disappointed and look forward to our next visit. Toni definitely makes the experience fun. We are made to feel like family when we are there. I highly recommend Calabrisella Ristorante.

• Visited January 2013
cleveland ohio
“Disappointed ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

While visiting Windsor we dined in this restaurant recently based on recommendations of reviewers and were sorely disappointed with the experience, food and atmosphere. The first bad experience was not finding it open as advertised , on a Friday evening at 5 pm which caused us to change dinner plans and eat elsewherei in the area. We tried agan the following evening at 5 pm with reservations. We did not find the atmosphere or food to be as described by reviewers. The food was mediocre, at best and atmosphere cold. We will definitely not return to give it a second chance.

• Visited February 2013