“Nice food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The City Grill - Windsor

The City Grill - Windsor
375 Ouellette, Windsor, Ontario N9A4J1, Canada (City Centre)
(519) 915-5948
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The City Grill - Windsor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 644 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Centre
Cross street: Park
Description: A casually chic restaurant with a trendy urban feel located in a historic landmark in the heart of downtown Windsor. Serving contemporary cuisine the menu is a reflection of the great cities of the world. A sophisticated lounge, large patio, along with private dining and meeting space. Lunch, dinner and late night dining available.
Toronto, Canada
“Nice food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Really liked the menu. Food was better than most. We seemed the only ones at the restaurant but it had a nice atmosphere.

Visited April 2013

“Only a glass of wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We came into City Grill for a glass of wine and left with a new favourite wine! I asked for a glass of white wine and I always get the same thing, and the bartender asked me if I wanted to try a taste of the stump jump?...Anyways he was obviously busy but took the time to pour a taste. Normally it bothers me when waiters and servers try to up sell everything, but it was an obvious gesture of kindness. Just wanted to thank Jon with no H for taking the time!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Has a nice balance between an upscale and friendly vibe. The food was delicious. A great place to go for when you want something a little more expensive but fantastically better food than a mid-range chain

Visited February 2013
“Good....But Expensive!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My wife and me checked out The City Grill as we are new to Windsor. The decor of the restaurant is very modern and visually appealing. When we arrived for our reservation, our table was not ready for us, so they escorted us to the bar and offered us free drinks each. We were happy with that. Only a short ten minutes later, they seated us at our table. We had a great waiter. He was very personable while staying on the side of professional. My wife ordered the Swordfish and I ordered the Gnocchi. Both meals were excellent. The service, the atmosphere, and the food were outstanding. The only negative I could say was when the bill arrived. It was a very expensive evening. However given the food and service we received, I did not give it too much thought. If we had received average food and service, I would be on here writing a whole different story, however everything was great. I will go back again.....just have to save up some money to do it! HAHA!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Horrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My friends and I waited 20 minutes before someone asked if we wanted anything to drink/eat. After finally ordering some drinks, she took another 20 minutes to come back. It was fairly early in the evening and not at all busy, so there was really no reason why it took 40 minutes to order a round of drinks. I don't think I'd be returning anytime soon.

Visited November 2012