“Accommodating and Friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn and Suites Ambassador Bridge

You added Comfort Inn and Suites Ambassador Bridge to your Saves list
Comfort Inn and Suites Ambassador Bridge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2330 Huron Church Road, Windsor, Ontario N9E 3S6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Windsor
Markham, Canada
“Accommodating and Friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I organized a small family reunion for 19 family members ages 5 months old to 85 years old. The staff was very helpful from the Director of Sales to the Cleaning Staff. The accommodations were comfortable, clean and affordable. The location was perfect for family members to mingle and visit. Our stay was short but great! This may become a yearly tradition for our family!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We've stayed here for weekend getaways to the city for the last 3 trips to Windsor in Sept & Oct/13. Close to highways and city centre. We stayed in King suites and double queen rooms. Convenient to have a ground floor room with a patio door. Lots of parking. Our a/c was broken and they were quick to move us into a room that accommodated with no issues. Any issues were dealt with immediately, just have to call the front desk and they were very helpful. Breakfast is simple and quick. Would stay here again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My wife and I needed a last minute room: it was late and needed.
We were greeted pleasantly and went straight to bed. I found the beds rather uncomfortable, but my wife enjoyed them. I did not sleep well at all and woke up sore!
We had to unplug the fridge it was loud which was in part why I could not sleep.
Stay away from the eggs! Not good, but the waffles were yum and fresh. But worst eggs we have ever had.
Over all quite decent in a pinch.

• Stayed October 2013
Chatham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Had been to this hotel last year and went back this year because of the pool and the breakfast included is well above average. It's nice to not have to worry about trying to find somewhere to eat in the morning and this hotel does a great job of offering a variety of breakfast options that leaves one feeling full and ready for a days activity.

For my daughter and I the purpose of the trip was to have some fun in Windsor and relax. The pool was great for her and we ended up in it three different times. There are lots of food options available close by. We decided to splurg and get the King suite so we had a lot of space and I certainly felt the room was very clean.

The only problem we experienced was I couldn't get the menu button to work on either of our t.v.'s in order to access the in house movies. When I asked desk staff they seemed not to really know what to do and suggested I unplug the set from the box. I never did figure it out, and in hindsight they should have been a lot more proactive in making sure the problem was solved.

I also like how the little store they have at the front desk had reasonable prices. Nice not to be price gouged on things like pop and candy like so many hotels do.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We came for a baseball tournament, rooms were clean. We had a suite which we would reserve again. Heather who helped me with our team reservation was a great help, very quick in replying to emails and accomadated our team with ease.. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Beth155021, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Ambassador Bridge, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Good Day and thank-you for your positive review. We are delighted to hear that you and your team enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that we can have you and your team as our guests at next years tournament!

Take care,
Beth Lewis
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Pre booked this room a few days in advance as we needed a stop over on route to usa overnight.
When we arrived at midnight..we were shocked to find used beer bottles everywhere. ..bed looked sat on and carpet dirty. We wanted to leave but our daughter was asleep. We obviously asked for another room. The front desk person didn't sound surprised when we told her about it. ? Conmon occurence maybe that staff liked toi celebrate in un occupied rooms ?
Anyway..the room we got looked not a whole lot different except no beer bottles. ..but we were exhausted and just wanted to go to bed.
The bed seemed dusty and sheets smelled. I did tell the staff a few days ago when I booked that my daughter has asthma and to guarantee the room is non smoking and cleaned well...instead I got the opposite. My daughter had an asthma attack because of the uncleanliness..good thing I had all her meds or else I woukd have had to bring her to hospital !
On top of that...the housekeeping kept bothering us as early as 9 am in the morning wanting to clean the room ! At one point pushed the door open when it was ajar as my hubby quickly went out to get ice and left door ajar accidentally. You wpuld tgink housekeeping would respect our privacy and knock first...instead they just liberally opened it !
Scared the crap out of me. Then they knocked again at 10 then 11...am...I was so fed up and upset at this hotel..you would think front desk would have the courtesy to tell housekeeping we arrived late the day before and had to switch rooms because of them.
DO NOT STAY HERE. ..! We paid over 120 bucks for this one night and this is what we got!
The management should seriously review their policies and accommodations ...and the health hazards their premises present !

• Stayed August 2013
Good Day and thank-you for your comment. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. I am very eager to discuss and resolve your concerns with you directly. If you could kindly contact me directly at 519-972-1100 or via email at cis@cogeco.net it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you,
Beth
College Grove, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife, myself and our young son stayed in a king suite at this property 7/26-7/29. We wanted some extra room for our toddler son to play and we thought that having a separate sleeping area would be beneficial for all of us. It worked a treat but unfortunately using the bathroom at night required the adults to exit the partitioned room containing the king bed and traverse the living area which contained the crib. Fortunately our son is a hard sleeper so this presented no real problems.

The room itself was clean, bright and large. The bed was very comfortable....I'd like to know what kind of mattress they had so we could think about getting one for home. We asked for and received a room facing the courtyard because Huron Church Rd. is busy with truck traffic at all hours of the day and night. If you are a light sleeper I would highly recommend taking a room facing the courtyard.

We were most impressed with the substantial breakfast included in the room rate. Many hotels are chintzy when it comes to supplying breakfast....this was not the case at this location. There was plenty of sausages, plenty of eggs, and plenty of bread products, yogurt, coffee, etc. at all times.

All in all a good stay. Would definitely consider this property for future stays.

Room Tip: Light sleepers should ask for a room facing the courtyard. Huron Church Rd. is very busy with truck...