“Good family stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn and Suites Ambassador Bridge

You added Comfort Inn and Suites Ambassador Bridge to your Saves list
Comfort Inn and Suites Ambassador Bridge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2330 Huron Church Road, Windsor, Ontario N9E 3S6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Windsor
Forest, Ontario
“Good family stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

A crying baby in a nearby room woke me for a bit the first night, but otherwise hotel was quiet even though it was a busy weekend. Room was a little small for 4 of us, so next time I think I will try one of the suites. Kids enjoyed the waffle maker and there were quite a few options included with the breakfast, but those prefab scrambled eggs and rubber boiled eggs never excite me. Shower was hot with lots of water pressure. Pool was warm and pool area was nice and clean. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: There is no elevator. The drive up rooms are handy if you have a lot of luggage, gear etc.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Stouffville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel! The beds are excellent! And the shower was hot and strong. I have stayed at 2 other hotels in Windsor and for a few dollars more this place is well worth it. Also the staff is very friendly and the facilities are clean and updated with over 1 million in Renos in 2010.

The pool and Jacuzzi are clean and a nice feature to this excellent hotel!

• Stayed January 2013
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I booked a room for two to see Welfarewell staged at the University of Windsor in early December. Even though the hotel was filled with hockey families and boisterous players, we had an excellent stay. Every staff member, from Tara at the front desk, to all maintenance and cleaning staff were very warm and friendly.

Breakfast area was a bit crowded, but we were told the night before that we could take meals to our room.

The room was spacious and clean. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if mobility is an issue, ask for ground floor room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Beth155021, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Ambassador Bridge, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Good Day and thank-you for your positive review. We love hearing from our guests about their stay with us at the Comfort Inn & Suites Ambassador Bridge Windsor.

Also thanks for posting the room tip as we do take requests directly at the hotel for ground floor guest rooms if stairs are not an option.

Take care and safe travels!
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I came here specifically because they have a hot tub. They even have a kiddie pool in addition to the regular pool.

The rest of the hotel could use some work tho! Seriously outdated! The rooms are pretty cheap looking but it's workable for me. The shower is actually quite nice with excellent water pressure.

Staff were friendly. A couple local restaurants in walking distance, and an Applebee's. I suggest the cafe next to the Applebee's though. Cute little coffee shop with sandwiches and soup and wifi.

Bottom line, if you are used to 'nice' hotels and are a hygiene freak, this hotel won't cut it for you. But if you're used to cheaper hotels, this one is fine.

And, I apologize that you have to stay the night in windsor! There really is nothing here!

• Stayed January 2013
Good Day and thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our pool and hot tub area. It is quite popular especially for families.

I am disappointed to learn you felt that our decor is outdated and looks cheap. Extensive renovations in our public areas and guest rooms were completed within the last year and a half and exceed the average Comfort Brand standards in quality and style.

Also I apologize that you felt there is nothing to do in Windsor when you were here. Windsor has a lot to offer the traveller whether your stay is a quick overnight or for an extended long weekend. I hope you will consider trying us out again and if you do, please stop by our front desk so we can tell you all the great and fun things our city has to offer.

Take care and travel safe,
Ontario's Near North, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the first time in December. We have been to Windsor many times and have always stayed at other hotels but thought we would give this one a try. Hmmm. We were greeted by the most miserable 20 yr old at the front desk. She never once made eye contact, nor did she smile, at anyone. Not a good start. We get to our room, no elevators, which is fine, the room was ok, although did not have a fresh smell at all. The first thing I always do it hang up my clothes. I open the closet only to find an orange on the floor. I take it out to the cleaner in the hallway and tell her, she sort of laughs and takes it from me. We had to leave soon after to attend the concert we had come to Windsor to see. Got home late in the morning Im packing up and getting ready and notice that there are about 10 potato chips between the stand that they have the fridge on and the dresser! on further inspection I notice a dirty sock behind the dresser, which looks like it's been there for a while. On closer inspection I notice that there is no way that the carpet had been vacuumed as there were litlle specs and crumbs all over the carpet. Gross. I sent an e-mail when i got home, to Comfort Inn and Suites, and they replied immdiately, saying how sorry they were and that they would forward the email to the Hotel so they could respond, since they are owned individually. I was to let them know if I had not heard a response within 72 hours. Well here we are 96 hours later and no response from the Huron Church Road Comfort Inn. Very obviously concerned about customer service !!! Will never stay again and will advise anyone else to avoid it as well if this is how they treat paying customers. I must say, I was annoyed at the state of the room, but not hearing back from the Hotel has be angry !

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Beth155021, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Ambassador Bridge, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Good Day and thank-you for your review.

I apologize for the delay in my response to the concerns you had during your stay with us on December 28. I look forward to discussing this in more detail with you and have left a voice mail message for you. If you prefer that I call you again, feel free to email me at cis@cogeco.net and let me know when is the best time to call you again and I would be more than happy to do so.

I am confident that we can find a resolution to your concerns and am committed to working on improving our customer service and room condition as soon as possible.

Thank-you,
Kanata, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Dec 27-Jan1, 2013. The hotel is located in a good central location in the Windsor area because it is at the corner of Huron Church Road and EC Row Parkway. You can reach most areas by car in 15 minutes. (downtown, train, airport, La Salle, shopping mall, Bridge to USA, etc.)

For families with kids, it is an excellent choice since they have breakfast included and it has both a kids wading pool and full size pool. For the adults, they have a full size hot tub. There is lots of parking with free internet. If you are staying for any more than a few days, I would recommend the "Suite" room. It is a little more money but it is worth the extra room especially if you have kids or want to entertain. It is also quieter since it has the separate bedroom.

Room Tip: I would suggest paying the little extra for the Suite room if you have kids or expect to entertainin...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Waterloo, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night while visiting friends. Clean quiet rooms. Good breakfast. Big pool. No complaints- I would stay at this hotel again. Trip advisor needs to lower the 200 Character minimum on the review.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites Ambassador Bridge? Share your experiences!